Here's your world class family destination - Pattaya farang tourist does the pointing!

snoop1130

To be honest if this bloke puts off a few potential travellers from europe it may do pattaya a favour.

Some ( not all ) of the visitors are less than what any country wants visiting ones shores. 

Fat, foul mouthed beer bellied over 40's ( not all ) dont do much for a town already heaving under the strain of an over extended resort. 

A few more well heeled chinese and korean tourists would be a real shpt in the arm in comparison. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, UPDEHSOI said:

GROAAAAAANNNN!!

8 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Here's London:

Image result for trash piles UK [pictures

Hardly compares to the filth in Pattaya.

That picture shows litter near a bin because the bin is full.

In Pattaya the bin would be empty and the surrounding area would be filthy.

The Thais are oblivious to it because they know no different,to them it's normal.

• Like 1

Just now, Kenny Boy said:

Hardly compares to the filth in Pattaya.

That picture shows litter near a bin because the bin is full.

In Pattaya the bin would be empty and the surrounding area would be filthy.

The Thais are oblivious to it because they know no different,to them it's normal.

Did you think that Thailand is a fully developed country or did that come as a surprise to you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, newnative said:

Me, too!

I have always considered this to be a forum for people living in, or interested in, Thailand - not just Pattaya - it certainly features news from Bangkok and other regions

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, gbswales said:

I have always considered this to be a forum for people living in, or interested in, Thailand - not just Pattaya - it certainly features news from Bangkok and other regions

Thai Visa as a whole yes. But this particular thread is in the Pattaya section. So the person who had no interest in Pattaya had to cick Pattaya.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Do we all want to go to Pattaya? Myself I rather go krabi with the anderman sea where you can still find nice beaches and not be up to my neck in the scum of the sex world.ive not got nothing against it but I'm sorry that place don't do nothing for me.each and everyone to their own.i like to walk about my village without a flyer of ping pong balls flying out of private parts being shoved in my face or being robbed coming out the 7/11 by a bunch of lady lads.everyone one loves Pattaya until the crap hits the fan and then it's time to move to Nakhon nowhere.

An Issan village is a sneak preview of death for those scared of live.

• Like 1

I don't know if I should worry about it.

Most of the time I live in a very clean country these days. But after a while, I develop a strange craving: I yearn for piles of garbage, polluted air, filthy beaches, traffic mayhem, outrageous bar stool banter, strange women that call me "sexy man". In short, periodically I need my "fix" in form of sleaze. Then I find myself in Pattaya.

I enjoy this for a couple of months.

But when the day comes, when I know all the names of the rats that live in the garbage pile in front of the guest house, I know that this is a good time to go back to my "clean-country". In due time: Rinse and repeat.

Some might say that I suffer from a split personality. Not really. I rather see it as living in 2 different worlds. Suits me fine, I love it.
Cheers. 

15 hours ago, Pomrakuhn said:

When I lived in Indonesia there were rats as big as cats.
I have never seen a rat here in many years

I saw one today , big as a cat . Naklua area. 

i think it would go a long way if the garbage trucks comes more frequent

to empty the garbage bins,

because as it is, they are flooded half the time,

and when you see that shit all the time, it begs the question:

why bother to carry the garbage to the garbage bin at all ?

2 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

So your point is if you look long enough on the internet you can find a picture of garbage anywhere ?? 

Try not to post until you've read the entire thread, if you really can't restrain yourself jump to post 85!

It wont be from the Wat. It'll be rubbish thats dumped by food vendors at a designated point  which means they havent paid their monthly subs or the council  trucks have run out of fuel because the fuel budget was redirected during Songkran. If you think it looks awful you should see Cambodia . Most of Cambodia looks like that.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:06 AM, happy chappie said:

No comparison to London with 8 million people.at least there's a bin there and the public have tried.if there were 2 bins it would be better.the Pattaya rubbish is the equivalent of fly tipping and carries at least a £1,000 fine.here nothing.i live outside a city and there's plastic bags and garbage absolutely everywhere.

London's litter bins were a favourite site for the IRA to plant their bombs, so a lot of 'em were removed. Now the problem are the Middle Eastern Terrorists, so I assume the London Boroughs are a tad reluctant to replace them, which obviously makes for a shortage of bins. A No Win situation. :sad: 

On 5/3/2018 at 6:31 AM, YetAnother said:

miami is No paradise; Far from it; truth and thailand are like oil and water

News flash:

Miami is way the hell cleaner than any part of Thailand that I know of.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:47 AM, simoh1490 said:

Here's London:

Image result for trash piles UK [pictures

Difference between Pattaya and London- London's got decent public transport, Pattaya is way easier to find a public toilet.

Having just returned from London, I can say that I prefer Pattaya. The Pattaya locals probably speak better English as well.

• Like 1