Video: Carnage as tractor destroyed and sandwiched between two trucks

webfact

1 minute ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

why are we surprised as this?

I am not at all surprised and I should think most people are more interested in how it happened. Surprise?

This stuff happens daily, no surprise.

Till the other day (ok that was say a decade ago). France and Spain had the most murderous truckers. The Law changed. The careless ones were jailed like bastards with no mercy, their driving licences revoked, vehicles impounded. The law was blind and merciless. It was regularly and still is posted on media, refering to entire families destroyed as the main earner lost his licence, job, truck etc. This cooled and tamed all and it works.

Today France and Spain (amongst many other countries)  have very safe roads and highways, thanks to the merciless laws and enforcement of the road rules.

In Thailand, the law needs to be enforced with honesty and that's why the country will never progress.  A worrying proportion of the boys in brown are on the quest for a bribe and will close their eyes on almost anything,  against money.

How many more people to be dead on the highways and roads,  before the Thai lawmakers enforce and establishing drastic mesures for road safety ? ? ?

21 hours ago, overherebc said:

To be honest the m/c rider did the usual thing the riders with no real training do. She turned the bike and grabbed a big handful of front brake.

100% sure you're coming off if you do that especially with the steep rake and quick turning that rake produces. Lucky she wasn't high sided and really only just fell over.

At 6 seconds into the video you can see a piece of debris fly between the wheels of the motorbike, possibly that caused her to turn the bike?

34 minutes ago, nahkit said:

At 6 seconds into the video you can see a piece of debris fly between the wheels of the motorbike, possibly that caused her to turn the bike?

I see the bit of whatever pass in front of her not between the wheels.

She is also trying to get her left foot on the road at that point as well. Your feet shouldn't be on the ground until the bike is at

0 kph.

9 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I see the bit of whatever pass in front of her not between the wheels.

She is also trying to get her left foot on the road at that point as well. Your feet shouldn't be on the ground until the bike is at

0 kph.

Do the ID driving schools here teach motorcyclists as well as motorists? I've been told that they do but I have my doubts, does anyone actually know if they teach motorcyclists and if so, is it just the highway code or do they include correct riding techniques?

35 minutes ago, nahkit said:

Do the ID driving schools here teach motorcyclists as well as motorists? I've been told that they do but I have my doubts, does anyone actually know if they teach motorcyclists and if so, is it just the highway code or do they include correct riding techniques?

The actual riding test is a fairly easy going test. It doesn't include the teaching of riding techniques or any sort of bike control in traffic situations. Done on a laid out track with cross roads T junction or two etc.

I would reckon the vast majority of these 'scooters' are automatic twist and go. Foot operated gear changes are slowly going out of fashion.

It leads people to the point where only the right hand is used, ( leaves the left hand free to hold the phone or umbrella )

I would put money on the fact that if you strip down the rear brake on most of them after 3 years the pads/shoes will be brand new. 

Two positions for twist grip, full open or full shut and two for front brake, full off or full on.

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

The actual riding test is a fairly easy going test. It doesn't include the teaching of riding techniques or any sort of bike control in traffic situations. Done on a laid out track with cross roads T junction or two etc.

I would reckon the vast majority of these 'scooters' are automatic twist and go. Foot operated gear changes are slowly going out of fashion.

It leads people to the point where only the right hand is used, ( leaves the left hand free to hold the phone or umbrella )

I would put money on the fact that if you strip down the rear brake on most of them after 3 years the pads/shoes will be brand new. 

Two positions for twist grip, full open or full shut and two for front brake, full off or full on.

I've seen people taking the bike test, what I'm wondering is do the driving schools here actually teach motorcyclists?

10 minutes ago, nahkit said:

I've seen people taking the bike test, what I'm wondering is do the driving schools here actually teach motorcyclists?

In all my time here I've never seen one, however I never looked as I came here with a full bike licence from UK.

I did the advanced rider course with police instructors in UK. 4 of us did it in our 30's/40's.

At the end of the first morning the instructor asked each one of us how long we had been riding, all proudly answered on the lines of 10 years 20 years etc.

His statement was that if it was up to him he would tear up our licences and make us start from day one.

?????

Archived