Video: Carnage as tractor destroyed and sandwiched between two trucks

webfact

Video: Carnage as tractor destroyed and sandwiched between two trucks

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Video footage from Chaiyaphum showed a tractor traveling in the middle of the road that was slammed into by a truck from the rear.

The tractor is then sandwiched between an oncoming truck.

A motorcycle - seemingly ridden by a foreigner - then crashes as debris flies.

Daily News reported that the accident happened on the Chaiyaphun to Bua Yai road on Thursday morning. It appeared that the tractor might be about to turn into the road leading to Ban Nong Ya Rangka.

Two people were injured and taken to hospital.

They were the tractor driver Phinai Lonleua, 31 and the rider of the Yamaha Fino named as twenty year old Tina Lustef (name transliterated from Thai).

Police are investigating.

Both trucks were reported to have stopped at the scene.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-04

No concept at all.  No tractor running lights to drive on the road (let alone the middle of a narrow road), no "slow moving vehicle" safety signage...nothing.  The innocent girl on the motorcycle is lucky to be able walk away...  Sad to see (but always interesting fodder, can't help but to stare at car accidents)

6 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

No tractor running lights to drive on the road (let alone the middle of a narrow road), no "slow moving vehicle" safety signage...nothing.  

I'm truly shocked, really!

On Thailand's rural roads you see a lot of tractors and other slow moving farm vehicles, They have to use the roads in order to move between the fields. I would imagine that none of them are actually road legal or have working lights or indicators but that's just the way it is. Even without signaling it is obvious to anyone with more than one brain cell that the tractor is tuning right.  His road positioning is actually quite good. The truck driver clearly doesn't feel the need to concentrate one hundred percent on the job in hand, trusting in his amulets no doubt. He urgently needs a new vocation once he has paid copious amounts of compensation to the injured tractor driver....we can but hope anyway.

17 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

This is what happens when you take 800 years of buffalo and carts in fields, then replace them with roads and big trucks. 

Another derisive comment aimed at Thais. In this video, it is obvious the tractor, who has as much right to use the road as anyone else, is attempting to turn right. He was in the middle of the road for that reason.

Chaiyapum is a rural province with large farm areas and hundreds of tractors.

The fault here lies with the driver of the Linfox truck who was not paying attention to the road ahead.

I hope the tractor operator recovers and also the foreign motorcyclist who fortunately, for her, was wearing a crash helmet.

26 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

On Thailand's rural roads you see a lot of tractors and other slow moving farm vehicles, They have to use the roads in order to move between the fields. I would imagine that none of them are actually road legal or have working lights or indicators but that's just the way it is. Even without signaling it is obvious to anyone with more than one brain cell that the tractor is tuning right.  His road positioning is actually quite good.

Learning to drive in the UK, I was told for safety to always regard a tractor as a stationary vehicle, due to it being so slow moving.

There again, for Thailand I'd probably need to delete the two words 'learning' and 'safety'.

8 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Another derisive comment aimed at Thais. In this video, it is obvious the tractor, who has as much right to use the road as anyone else, is attempting to turn right. He was in the middle of the road for that reason.

Chaiyapum is a rural province with large farm areas and hundreds of tractors.

The fault here lies with the driver of the Linfox truck who was not paying attention to the road ahead.

I hope the tractor operator recovers and also the foreign motorcyclist who fortunately, for her, was wearing a crash helmet.

To be honest the m/c rider did the usual thing the riders with no real training do. She turned the bike and grabbed a big handful of front brake.

100% sure you're coming off if you do that especially with the steep rake and quick turning that rake produces. Lucky she wasn't high sided and really only just fell over.

1 hour ago, CanuckThai said:

No tractor running lights to drive on the road (let alone the middle of a narrow road), no "slow moving vehicle" safety signage...nothing.

Sorry but are you saying that the tractor was at fault here ??

It's just a classic case of Thai spacial awareness, the truck driver wouldn't have been looking more than 20 feet in front of his truck... 

The Truck driver was driving 'without due care and attention' and that is what he should be charged with.   See it every day; they just keep their foot down and keep going no matter what is happening ahead, no thought for others lives.

50 minutes ago, overherebc said:

To be honest the m/c rider did the usual thing the riders with no real training do. She turned the bike and grabbed a big handful of front brake.

100% sure you're coming off if you do that especially with the steep rake and quick turning that rake produces. Lucky she wasn't high sided and really only just fell over.

Yeah I  looked at that and thought just the same..............front brake madness and  looking at it she had plenty of room to change position and brake later, either way i treat all road users as total morons here.

I sometimes wonder about the eye tests taken before a licence is issued.  There have been numerous accidents reported recently of people not seeing flashing red lights and then driving into a boom at a train crossing, or a tractor not being seen and thoroughly squashed.  Then you've got the drivers who cannot see red lights and drive through them.

Seems to indicate some sort of eye problem.

2 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

No concept at all.  No tractor running lights to drive on the road (let alone the middle of a narrow road), no "slow moving vehicle" safety signage...nothing.  The innocent girl on the motorcycle is lucky to be able walk away...  Sad to see (but always interesting fodder, can't help but to stare at car accidents)

BET it had no number plate also....can not make one out in the photos

16 minutes ago, kannot said:

Yeah I  looked at that and thought just the same..............front brake madness and  looking at it she had plenty of room to change position and brake later, either way i treat all road users as total morons here.

We used to spend a bit extra on a valve system that could split brake pressure front/back and was adjustable, from memory 50/50 to 75/25 ish.

Biggest problem was riding your mates bike that didn't have it.

2 hours ago, wozza said:

Mr Lindsay Fox wont be pleased seeing this.He invests huge amounts of money in safety for his trucks in Australia ,but this is Thailand after all . 

yep. Worth $3.3 billion and yet downplays his considerable wealth describing himself as "just a truckie ":laugh:

6 minutes ago, masuk said:

I sometimes wonder about the eye tests taken before a licence is issued.  There have been numerous accidents reported recently of people not seeing flashing red lights and then driving into a boom at a train crossing, or a tractor not being seen and thoroughly squashed.  Then you've got the drivers who cannot see red lights and drive through them.

Seems to indicate some sort of eye problem.

I'll agree with that because all the hand phones here aren't transparent.

Normal average day on the roads of Thailand

only different is,  we have social media now, so we get to see it,  or 

the aftermath of it all. 

Bet they did the same with buffaloes and  Karts years ago.

Same, Same but Same. 

Next,  stupid Drive / Rider clip. :coffee1:

1 hour ago, kannot said:

I like the way she gets up still clutching her handbag.

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

We used to spend a bit extra on a valve system that could split brake pressure front/back and was adjustable, from memory 50/50 to 75/25 ish.

no no no.You need to be able to operate the brakes independently.Its called basic training

2 hours ago, essox essox said:

BET it had no number plate also....can not make one out in the photos.

Many farm vehicles in Thailand do not have plates, unless of course you are referring to the plate on the motorcycle? Would it have made any difference if the tractor had a license plate?

35 minutes ago, TTTTT said:

no no no.You need to be able to operate the brakes independently.Its called basic training

Strangely Honda and other large bike manufacturing companies would disagree with you. Started with large capacity bikes in the early 2000's and it's now being developed for smaller engined machines.

Archived