What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

On 3/4/2018 at 5:42 PM, giddyup said:

Let me know what you think.

Midnighters. Just OK, usual tropes, mediocre acting, but mindless suspense & plot twist interesting enough to keep one watching. Probably wouldn't watch it for the sole purpose of watching it but quite good 'nuff while doing something else, namely exercising. :smile: Thanks for the recommendation. 

Edited by JSixpack

14 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Midnighters. Just OK, usual tropes, mediocre acting, but mindless suspense & plot twist interesting enough to keep one watching. Probably wouldn't watch it for the sole purpose of watching it but quite good 'nuff while doing something else, namely exercising. :smile: Thanks for the recommendation. 

So much dreck available now that even the mediocre stands out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

So much dreck available now that even the mediocre stands out.

That is so not true. When you add the Golden Age of Television with the world of films, it's actually the opposite problem. Way too much worthy things to watch and so little time. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That is so not true. When you add the Golden Age of Television with the world of films, it's actually the opposite problem. Way too much worthy things to watch and so little time. 

I beg to differ. The average calibre of movies pumped out are of very low quality.  In the course of a year I maybe find 4 decent, memorable movies. The rest are just repetitive fodder served up to the masses like chewing gum for the brain. Good news is that television has improved, there are many good series worth watching. I guess it all depends on how discerning your tastes are.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I'm with you on this one.

The quality of movies the past few years has been dreadful.

You can always look and find something reasonable but after

most of the movies I watch these days, I find myself saying "that was ok".

When I see one that is really good, it's a bit of a surprise.

The quality of Tv has blown past movies IMO.

I have given a few films a 2nd chance recently and found myself appreciating them more the 2nd time round. I think the last few years I have been very pro TV series and my thirst for strong back stories and pro longed entertainment put me off a few films.

I really like the equalizer with denzel  Washington. Watched it the other night after giving up on it when it first came out.

Just now, JHolmesJr said:

Just finished one of the best thrillers Ive seen for a while...

The Outsider....about a white guy making it into the yakuza....amazing direction and a very takeshi kaneshiro vibe of menace and violence throughout.

Netflix is really socking it to the big studios.

Right thanks yes I saw it advertised on there but Netflix ratings suggested it was a 3/5 and jarred keto is a bit sketchy sometimes. Netflix ratings are awful. I'll watch it later thanks.

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I agree. There is plenty of good TV and plenty of good films out there if you look for them. There is plenty of junk too, but not any worse than the past.

1 minute ago, Will27 said:

The Oath - a new series just released.

Didn't do it for me I'm afraid and didn't last the first 20 minutes of episode 1.

Like wise, it all seemed a bit too contrived. However, am enjoying 7 Seconds, all episodes available

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

The Outsider....about a white guy making it into the yakuza....amazing direction and a very takeshi kaneshiro vibe of menace and violence throughout.

Film was OK 

14 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Just binge watched Save Me over the last two days.
Thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it to others .

Andrew...having real problems getting anything after Episode 1....(which I got from Lime) dont seem to find it in all the usual places....could you PM me a link......Thanks mate

Andrew...having real problems getting anything after Episode 1....(which I got from Lime) dont seem to find it in all the usual places....could you PM me a link......Thanks mate

I’m in the uk ( housesitting for my daughter for a few days ) and she had saved it on SKY.

Not sure where else to find it,sorry , I think Will has the answers.

4 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I’m in the uk ( housesitting for my daughter for a few days ) and she had saved it on SKY.

Not sure where else to find it,sorry , I think Will has the answers.

OK Thanks Andrew....dont usually have this problem, but the annoying part is the UK papers are starting to write about it now(what's happening etc) yes Will directed me to the only episode I have.

OK Keep warm mate---I really miss all that...............:omfg:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, petermik said:

1337X.............:thumbsup:

is that a code............:omfg:

Thanks petermik...that was one I didn't check out.........wow..why do they make some TV episodes so big ---anyway what am I moaning about got it now...

Yes, I liked it also, my type of movie.

On 3/9/2018 at 11:59 AM, Jingthing said:

the golden age indeed...

BBC are doing some foreign Crime/Dramas this week.......you can watch direct from their site (VPN) if you can not download

Below the Surface -- In Danish and English with HC English subtitles.

In Copenhagen an underground train judders to a halt and masked men take 15 passengers hostage. Philip Norgaard of the Counter-Terrorism Task Force heads a hastily convened team to lead the rescue effort. Philip is an ex-serviceman who has had his own experience of hostage taking, but his first challenge is to determine who are these men, and what they want.

A HiJacking.....

Danish thriller. The crew of a Danish cargo ship is held hostage by Somali pirates and a psychological drama unfolds between the CEO of the shipping company and the pirates. (first shown 2012)

The Social ---- is a series of very short films (10 min etc) all made in Scotland from new film-makers

1/ Chibbed ......... *Scots slang---to be hit with a blunt weapon i.e  baseball bat

Bloodied and limping, a teenager makes his way through a dark Glasgow in the midnight hour. Shot over the course of one night in the eye of winter, Contains very strong language and graphic violence.

2/Asset Management

3/Umbilical Glue

4/Waves Crash

A Hijacking

Below the Surface

• Thanks 1