What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

"I knew a bit about the Rajneeshees but this series shows so much more."

I was a bicycle messenger in San Francisco at the time and another guy working there was a Rajneeshees. He wore the orange robes and explained the whole thing to me, but it did not interest me at all. I probably figured the women would all be homely or I would have gone to Oregon. I still remember he raved about how great the book One Hundred Years of Solitude was, but I hated it. I don't think it was very well known at the time. I tried it again 30 years later when I was living in Thailand, but still did not enjoy it.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

is that all religion is, brainwashing.

The full quote from Karl Marx translates as: "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people".

This is speaking of organized religion - Catholics, Protestants, Jews ...

• Like 1

Eric Clapton: Life in 12 Bars (2017)

Good but not great bio. Not a lot of depth, glosses over Clapton's faults, omits mention of Delaney & Bonnie and others who helped him down the road. Still, a must-see for fans and anyone unfamiliar w/ his story who wants a good overview. I enjoyed it.

Good but not great bio. Not a lot of depth, glosses over Clapton's faults, omits mention of Delaney & Bonnie and others who helped him down the road. Still, a must-see for fans and anyone unfamiliar w/ his story who wants a good overview. I enjoyed it.

I want to see it, but have not had a chance.

Saw him at Impact Arena a while back. One of the best shows I’ve seen, and certainly the best seats I ever had...
  • Like 1

I want to see it, but have not had a chance.

Saw him at Impact Arena a while back. One of the best shows I’ve seen, and certainly the best seats I ever had...

I felt the same when I saw Rod there. Shame Thailand has been shunned by major artists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:47 PM, Jingthing said:

I had suggested the high budget Spanish series -- La Peste. So far after two shows I think it's great. However, I can't find the rest of the series with English subs and it's been out a while so could be a problem.

Episodes 3 & 4 available now on the TPB.

Looks like they will be released slowly.

• Thanks 1

Life and Death Row: The Mass Execution- Life and Death Row: The Mass Execution

Four part series from the BBC.

Episode one 1 was quite good.
All four episodes available.

Summary: A documentary series about the historic number of executions scheduled in Arkansas, USA, of eight men in ten days. The Governor of Arkansas, Asa Hutchinson, has scheduled eight men to be put to death within ten days of each other. The reason for the unprecedented timetable is to use up the state's supply of a lethal injection drug called midazolam before it expires. With access to the families of victims, and of those on death row, this series follows the eight cases from both sides, in the weeks, days, hours and minutes leading up to each scheduled execution.

17 hours ago, Will27 said:

Episodes 3 & 4 available now on the TPB.

Looks like they will be released slowly.

Yeah, I had noticed that. So it looks like we'll have the entire series eventually. Plagues -- now that's entertainment!

37 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Saw 7-Days in Entebbe at Paradise, pretty good picture, of course “based” on a true story...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

This must be the third or forth movie made on this hijacking, but always an interesting story to watch.

Good news, Money Heist season 2 is available.

TPB is showing 6 episodes and Netflix show 9 so not too sure how many there are

at this stage.

Edit* Seems as if it's the same as season 1, where the episodes have been joined.

The 6 episodes on TPB are about 1  hour and change whereas the 9 episodes on

Netflix are approx. 47 minutes.

So 6 longer episodes seem about right.

Edited by Will27

Life and Death Row: The Mass Execution- Life and Death Row: The Mass Execution
Four part series from the BBC.
Episode one 1 was quite good.
All four episodes available.

Summary: A documentary series about the historic number of executions scheduled in Arkansas, USA, of eight men in ten days. The Governor of Arkansas, Asa Hutchinson, has scheduled eight men to be put to death within ten days of each other. The reason for the unprecedented timetable is to use up the state's supply of a lethal injection drug called midazolam before it expires. With access to the families of victims, and of those on death row, this series follows the eight cases from both sides, in the weeks, days, hours and minutes leading up to each scheduled execution.

Only in the USA would they use the excuse of drug expiry to execute people

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 minutes ago, mogandave said:

They are being executed for the crimes they committed.

Only in some nanny-state country would someone argue otherwise.

Better look up the meaning of nanny state, the US fits the bill exactly.

nan·ny state
noun
noun: nanny state; plural noun: nanny states
  1. the government regarded as overprotective or as interfering unduly with personal choice
Edited by giddyup

Good news, Money Heist season 2 is available.

TPB is showing 6 episodes and Netflix show 9 so not too sure how many there are

at this stage.

Edit* Seems as if it's the same as season 1, where the episodes have been joined.

The 6 episodes on TPB are about 1  hour and change whereas the 9 episodes on

Netflix are approx. 47 minutes.

So 6 longer episodes seem about right.

That would make sense as I downloaded series 1 ( dual audio) from TPB and it gave me 13 episodes whereas IMDb says there are 15 episodes.

Each episode is an hour long and I couldn’t find ep 14 or 15 so am guessing I’ve got the full season ?

P.s dual audio seems like a good option over subs [emoji4]

Better look up the meaning of nanny state, the US fits the bill exactly.
nan·ny state noun noun: nanny state; plural noun: nanny states
  1. the government regarded as overprotective or as interfering unduly with personal choice

You’re right. I should have said sissy-states.

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm hearing the Quiet Place, now in Thai theaters is really an intense and good non-traditional horror film, and that it's much better to watch with an audience on a big screen. Another bonus -- it's only an hour and a half. I'm sick of three hour movies!

On 4/4/2018 at 7:05 PM, JSixpack said:

I thought it was quite upfront about his drug and alcohol abuse, his racist rantings and pinching his best friend's wife. He did paint himself as one of life's victims, which is far from true.

It was a bit too long and I would have liked more music and less psycho babble.

Saw him at Manchester Apollo on FA Cup Final day in May 1983. Good grief, that is 35 years ago.