What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

38 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

I just gave it a try myself , what a load of rubbish , shame it could have been a winner .

Never understood the appeal of the original, thought it was pretty silly even as a kid.

11 hours ago, evadgib said:

It happens in just about everything these days Claud & I find it quite often an unnecessary distraction.

I find that the woman in Suits, is marrying a Brit Prince a distraction !!.Is he Mad.?.Thanks to whoever recommended Terror and Deadwood.No  PC Cobblers in either.

25 minutes ago, faraday said:

Submergence with James McAvoy.

Looks ok.

Really???

In a room with no windows on the eastern coast of Africa, a Scotsman, James More, is held captive by jihadist fighters. Thousands of miles away in the Greenland Sea, Danielle Flinders prepares to dive in a submersible to the ocean floor. In their confines they are drawn back to the Christmas of the previous year, where a chance encounter on a beach in France led to an intense and enduring romance.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Really???

In a room with no windows on the eastern coast of Africa, a Scotsman, James More, is held captive by jihadist fighters. Thousands of miles away in the Greenland Sea, Danielle Flinders prepares to dive in a submersible to the ocean floor. In their confines they are drawn back to the Christmas of the previous year, where a chance encounter on a beach in France led to an intense and enduring romance.

Yeah, I read the summation as well. looked like a chick flick to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Really???

Didn't read the last three words....:shock1:

:goof:

20 hours ago, i claudius said:

Just downloaded the new series of lost in space. Why do all new series have to be so PC? A white family with a black daughter and a white one . The woman is in charge not the man . It has very bad reviews but i thought i would give it a try .you know its no good when you start reading half way through the first episode.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Disappointing. I had hopes . . . . Speaking of PC, I thought I'd give the new Howard's End mini-series a go

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2577192/

but then read how politically correct they've made it. Hate that in a historical drama especially. So then I decided to watch the 1992 movie! Ha.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104454/

Now The Terror is done right, though in the last episode they managed to work in an Eskimo woman. At least she's possible. ;) Though the basic idea of the plot is time-worn (so far; monster goes bump in the night), the heroic age of exploration theme & setting, nod to actual history, characters, acting, and the well-spoken 19th century English (!) add up to something worth watching. Looking forward to E03 tonight.

Edited by JSixpack

Hello all: I have a significant library of movies. My favorite are Classic Horror then Sci-Fi classics too.

Right now watching some of the old Rawhide episodes with Clint Eastwood. I just bounce around all the time. Might be Dragnet, or Peter Gunn. Much to chose from here.

Disappointing. I had hopes . . . . Speaking of PC, I thought I'd give the new Howard's End mini-series a go

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2577192/

but then read how politically correct they've made it. Hate that in a historical drama especially. So then I decided to watch the 1992 movie! Ha.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104454/

Now The Terror is done right, though in the last episode they managed to work in an Eskimo woman. At least she's possible. [emoji6] Though the basic idea of the plot is time-worn (so far; monster goes bump in the night), the heroic age of exploration theme & setting, nod to actual history, characters, acting, and the well-spoken 19th century English (!) add up to something worth watching. Looking forward to E03 tonight.
I have watched them all. Good series well worth watching

41 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Now The Terror is done right, though in the last episode they managed to work in an Eskimo woman. At least she's possible. ;) Though the basic idea of the plot is time-worn (so far; monster goes bump in the night), the heroic age of exploration theme & setting, nod to actual history, characters, acting, and the well-spoken 19th century English (!) add up to something worth watching. Looking forward to E03 tonight.

The book is good as well.

Edited by giddyup

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The book is good as well.

The whole series is now online. 123 watch free.  Any  leads to this type of movie appreciated, i cant stand Si Fi....   Any Breaking Bad, Call Saul, Peaky Binders etc type series we enjoy . 

6 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

The whole series is now online. 123 watch free.  Any  leads to this type of movie appreciated, i cant stand Si Fi....   Any Breaking Bad, Call Saul, Peaky Binders etc type series we enjoy . 

Have you seen Get Shorty, the TV series? Excellent. There's also The Alienist.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, rascalman said:

Hello all: I have a significant library of movies. My favorite are Classic Horror then Sci-Fi classics too.

Right now watching some of the old Rawhide episodes with Clint Eastwood. I just bounce around all the time. Might be Dragnet, or Peter Gunn. Much to chose from here.

Scifi classic series we don't see mentioned: My Favorite Martian. :) How about Alfred Hitchcock Presents?  It's actually not bad.

Salamander: Blood Diamonds.....BBC 4

First episode (2nd series ) last night

In Flemish and French with English subtitles.

S02E01 (14 April 2018) Five years after the death of his wife at the hands of the secret society 'Salamander', Chief Inspector Paul Gerardi is called to the case of the assassination of a Kitangian refugee in Brussels. Witnesses say the killer was a white man driving a black Mercedes who has been seriously injured after a police chase. Gerardi and his colleague Danny follow up leads provided by the victim's political allies, and Paul visits the unconscious suspect in hospital where he makes an alarming discovery.

---------------------

New series (12) of Britain's got Talent   started last night, if you follow that.

I saw a 2 min clip on Youtube  of Siri Lanka's first show of -got talent a few days ago, one of the "Stars" was a guy braking rocks with his head who managed to knock himself out.....just watching the judges faces was hilarious, one chucked it in after the show & was quoted as saying 1,000's  years of culture & this is the best we can come up with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5LwL3-31NY

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

Well I gave Lost in Space a chance because I couldn't really believe it could be as bad as people here are saying. Also, I found the objections to diverse casting to be unreasonable. Shows aren't ruined by diverse casting. Either people saying that are very old or very old at heart.

So, anyway for episode 1, it literally put me to sleep.

So I gave it another chance after  big cup of morning coffee, and found it boring and unwatchable. No way I'd watch even the entire first episode.

Nothing at all to do with the diverse casting. The story and acting just didn't click for me. Like -- AT ALL.

For the original Lost in Space, I was the perfect demographic, a kid, and I definitely loved it as did so many kids then. The original was campy and fun. This new one is not campy and not fun. It's something else. Not really fair to directly compare them as they are so different. I like many shows that aren't campy and fun, but not this one. Of course back then I didn't even know what campy meant, but that's another matter. 

I am actually quite pleased to check out new series that don't work for me. More time to watch the mountains of content that does! 

DELETE!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Well I gave Lost in Space a chance because I couldn't really believe it could be as bad as people here are saying. Also, I found the objections to diverse casting to be unreasonable. Shows aren't ruined by diverse casting. Either people saying that are very old or very old at heart.

So, anyway for episode 1, it literally put me to sleep.
So I gave it another chance after  big cup of morning coffee, and found it boring and unwatchable. No way I'd watch even the entire first episode.
Nothing at all to do with the diverse casting. The story and acting just didn't click for me. Like -- AT ALL.

For the original Lost in Space, I was the perfect demographic, a kid, and I definitely loved it as did so many kids then. The original was campy and fun. This new one is not campy and not fun. It's something else. Not really fair to directly compare them as they are so different. I like many shows that aren't campy and fun, but not this one. Of course back then I didn't even know what campy meant, but that's another matter. 

I am actually quite pleased to check out new series that don't work for me. More time to watch the mountains of content that does! 

DELETE!
The diverse cssting was just a sideline for not watching it .if it had been good i would have, but as you said it was crap. Just boreing

• Like 1

On 4/12/2018 at 5:04 PM, Will27 said:

Tv series - Amo.

I'm enjoying this one at the minute.
Only 20 odd minutes per episode.

Summary: Set amidst the height of the Philippine government's crackdown on illegal drugs, high school
student Joseph gets tangled up in the chaotic underworld of drugs and corruption.

Thanks....are these with subtitles?

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:
On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, Will27 said:

Tv series - Amo.

I'm enjoying this one at the minute.
Only 20 odd minutes per episode.

Summary: Set amidst the height of the Philippine government's crackdown on illegal drugs, high school
student Joseph gets tangled up in the chaotic underworld of drugs and corruption.

Thanks....are these with subtitles?

Yes, subs.

This one seemed to get better just about ever episode.

22 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Salamander: Blood Diamonds.....BBC 4

First episode (2nd series ) last night

In Flemish and French with English subtitles.

S02E01 (14 April 2018) Five years after the death of his wife at the hands of the secret society 'Salamander', Chief Inspector Paul Gerardi is called to the case of the assassination of a Kitangian refugee in Brussels. Witnesses say the killer was a white man driving a black Mercedes who has been seriously injured after a police chase. Gerardi and his colleague Danny follow up leads provided by the victim's political allies, and Paul visits the unconscious suspect in hospital where he makes an alarming discovery.

---------------------

I'm looking forward to Salamander.

Season 1 was pretty good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

Yes, subs.

This one seemed to get better just about ever episode.

any chance you could pm me the source....couldnt find on kodi so downloaded episodes....but no subs.

also couldn't find all episodes...