What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

On 10/21/2016 at 10:15 PM, tukkytuktuk said:

In December 1941, two Czech soldiers (Jamie Dornan, Cillian Murphy) parachute into their occupied homeland to assassinate Nazi officer Reinhard Heydrich (Detlef Bothe).

Thoroughly enjoyed this movie, two thumbs up.

1477063349788.jpg

<an attempt to post a trailer failed!>

Edited by evadgib

If you’re not watching Last Week Tonight with John Oliver on HBO, you are depriving yourself of experiencing one of the funniest and most informative programs on television right now. Oliver and his team are working at a level on par with Jon Stewart in his prime. I consider the show to be unmissable.

1477207951373.jpg.82e280fc761c4be8902afc
  • Like 1

On 17/10/2016 at 2:47 AM, Ace of Pop said:

Strange Pirates ,they don't take anything,so we still don't know why that give us something for nothing ,they must make money sometimes surely.Cant just be to annoy Pay Site subscribers ,which it clearly does

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

You mean websites wirh free movies to stream etc. They are free as they are full of virus's which will harm your device.

32 minutes ago, giddyup said:

BS. I've been using a few for years, never had a problem yet.

I have seen more computers go crook after accessing the free movie sites. You must be using some really crap tech as those movie sites infect all sorts. Feel stupid for saying it I mean did you just think sone nice gut wants to allow you free access to movies. Seriously 

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I have seen more computers go crook after accessing the free movie sites. You must be using some really crap tech as those movie sites infect all sorts. Feel stupid for saying it I mean did you just think sone nice gut wants to allow you free access to movies. Seriously 

You need to tell the dozens of users here, and the millions worldwide, because they seem to be unaware of this as well. I thought that's why we have anti-virus programs, to protect us from infections, but be that as it may, I will continue to access free movie sites and run the risk.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

You need to tell the dozens of users here, and the millions worldwide, because they seem to be unaware of this as well. I thought that's why we have anti-virus programs, to protect us from infections, but be that as it may, I will continue to access free movie sites and run the risk.

Yeah agree  but there are some scaremongers about,  we've got a good computer shop here too, engineer said when l asked about the free stuff that l won't have any problems when you try open some things the anti-virus will warn you.

I have a good free virus thingy and a free Vpn thingy,  a large family that has access and a poker face when l say it wasn't me. 

Watch free stuff all time for years,  also have passwords from my families subscribed sites. 

At the mo watching a series on Netflix called  " Narcos "  about a drug baron.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Kwasaki

On 23/10/2016 at 2:32 PM, Wilsonandson said:

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver 

Season 1 episodes 8 and 12  are "interesting"

also  Season 2, Episode 15    "we look at Adolf Hitler's bizarre cachet in Thailand"

Edited by johng

9 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Anyone curious as to the recently departed Pete Burns may find episode 1 of season 2 of 'Celebrity botched-up bodies' dated a month ago worth watching.

I saw Pete Burns in Westfield Shopping Mall in London , about 6 months ago, quite scary to look at......

sad he died , way too young....., but he partied hard and all that Botox and Surgery ain't good for you for sure.....

35 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Berlin Station; CIA/Snowdon-esque thriller looks good:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5191110/videoplayer/vi2980951577?ref_=tt_ov_vi

They released 2 episodes about a month ago and that was it. By the time they get around to releasing episode 3 I'll have to watch the first 2 again. Doesn't make any sense.

On 21 October, 2016 at 11:15 PM, tukkytuktuk said:

In December 1941, two Czech soldiers (Jamie Dornan, Cillian Murphy) parachute into their occupied homeland to assassinate Nazi officer Reinhard Heydrich (Detlef Bothe).

1477063349788.jpg

Still not as well made as Operation Daybreak.

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

Up to  Episode 5 (Series 3) of The Fall. This series keeps on getting better and better, but if you want to watch it you should start from Series 1, otherwise you'll be lost.

It became somewhat far fetched and over complicated towards the end of series 2. I might try again once S3 becomes fully available to see if the writers redeemed themselves. My own knowledge re the workings of Belfast might also have been partially to blame :)

Edited by evadgib

On 14/12/2015 at 10:00 AM, Will27 said:

TV Series - 30 Degrees in February

Three episodes into this 10 parter and am enjoying it.
A local flavour as it's set in Thailand.

Hardcoded subs.

Summary: From International Emmy Award-winning writer Anders Weidemann, compelling ten-part drama 30 Degrees in February follows
a group of Swedes who've left the snow and cold of Scandinavia for the warm, sandy beaches of Thailand in the dead of winter.

For the long-suffering wife of an abusive, mean-spirited ex-pilot, it's a chance to be treated with dignity and to taste the joys of freedom… For a corpulent, lonely engineer who always dreamed of a loving family with several children, it's the absurd plan of marrying a young Thai woman and starting a family with her… And for an overambitious single-mother architect recovering from a stroke, it's a possibility to relive the past with her two daughters on an island called Happiness… As their lives move deftly from one jolting event to another, they realize that while it may be impossible to completely leave their Nordic lives behind, it is possible – with humor, humanity and generosity – to transcend their limits and reach satisfying moments of self-fulfillment and love on their journey.

Season 2 of this one is underway.

The first 2 episodes are out there.

On Tuesday, August 02, 2016 at 8:26 AM, Will27 said:

Tv series The Hunter AKA Le Chasseur

Three episodes into this 6 part French series and enjoying it.
Has hard coded subs.

IMDB: Le Chausser (The Hunter) is a French crime thriller that follows the works of Samuel, an assassin controlled by his overpowering mother- who also happens to run the hitman business that her son works for.

Sorry, I couldn't find a trailer with subs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBvBcmuhaE4

Sounds good

On Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 10:34 AM, giddyup said:

I never had a problem bit torrenting in 10 years. I use common sense - anti malware  and anti virus sw.

Edited by The manic
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Andrew C said:

about to go to see Doctor Strange. It just came out today

I saw it yesterday at Terminal 21, thought it was a good Marvel film 

I also saw the new Jack Reacher a few days ago, enjoyed that too 

On 10/21/2016 at 10:15 PM, tukkytuktuk said:

1477063349788.jpg

Streamed it the other night, good film 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, faraday said:

Gave up on The Missing so2eo2, seemed too slow, & really not very interesting.

Needs James Nesbitt to come back.:smile:

Thats because it jumps between present day to 2014 to 2004….iraq, germany and france….I muddled through the first episode myself but once you focus the film cuts and locations become clearer and it's pretty smooth…I am loving it.

22 hours ago, evadgib said:

It became somewhat far fetched and over complicated towards the end of series 2. I might try again once S3 becomes fully available to see if the writers redeemed themselves. My own knowledge re the workings of Belfast might also have been partially to blame :)

Its really fizzled out….now its become more the red tape and PC processes that prevent a criminal from being tried. Mercifully we;re just one episode away from the finale.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 2