What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Just watched the first episode of a very English scandal,i am straight and cant abide the fact that most new series have to have a gay or bi racial couple or bi racial gay couple with kids etc etc , but a true story about a gay guy is no problem ,and i found this a cracker ,when i was young and living in London i remember this scandal breaking . Hugh Grant is excellent in the part as is his gay boyfriend , a really good series ,
ps i had to fast foreward the kissing bits [emoji1]
Not most. That's a wild exaggeration.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

On 5/22/2018 at 3:06 AM, Fruit Trader said:

Death Wish 2018

I wish they had not bothered and left shoot em up Bruce Willis out to pasture.

Next up, A Quiet Place 2018 with only half its digital sound.

I liked "A Quiet Place".

I read a one sentence description of it just before release and the premise was so simple yet intriguing that I viewed the film right away.

Well done, nicely directed by the male lead John Krasinski who stars with his wife Emily Blunt.

MV5BMTU5Mzk0ODg4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjE1

I haven't been in a movie theater since "Donnie Brasco", but I read one critic who said "The sound of an entire theater screaming..." so this is one that would be interesting to see with a crowd (although I can't stand people talking in a theater so I won't be doing that).

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

I liked "A Quiet Place".

I read a one sentence description of it just before release and the premise was so simple yet intriguing that I viewed the film right away.

Well done, nicely directed by the male lead John Krasinski who stars with his wife Emily Blunt.

MV5BMTU5Mzk0ODg4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjE1

I haven't been in a movie theater since "Donnie Brasco", but I read one critic who said "The sound of an entire theater screaming..." so this is one that would be interesting to see with a crowd (although I can't stand people talking in a theater so I won't be doing that).

Thought it was garbage.

How to defeat blind predators that hunt by hearing, just set up 'clackers' everywhere.

Or, set up two 'clackers' 1Km apart and exhaust the critters by alternating the noise.

Or how about a few foghorns dotted around the place.

Silly film with stupid people. They deserved to die.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

10 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

One more mention. Suggested by Will27

Pustina - Wasteland (Eng Subs) - Crime series

Seen all 8 Episodes, 3 the first night and 5 the second.

Never watched subtitled stuff before.

Conclusion: You will not be disappointed! A real gem, a masterpiece, worthy of an oscar.

Pustina-Wasteland-12.jpg

Downloading it now due to your review and I look the look of the still you provided.

I like to know nothing about a film as far as plot/subject etc. but will glance at headings of reviews on IMDB sometimes to get a feel for reaction.

Glanced at IMDB - only about 6 or 8 reviews but all 9's and 10's and they don't have the feel of ratings by the producer and director and friends of the production which happens a lot when there are only a few ratings.

PS - I'm glad you watched and enjoyed a subtitled film.

Anyone who doesn't watch films with subtitles is missing out on lots of great world cinema and depriving themselves of wonderful experiences.

Edited by JimmyJ

7 hours ago, Fruit Trader said:

Watched it earlier lots of teasers and now its even harder to guess the ending.

Yes I agree. No mention of Henry either.....

A guess. Philip sacrifices himself for Elizabeth. But then where can she go?

20 hours ago, Will27 said:

Manchester: The Night of the Bomb.

A harrowing doco from the Beeb

I can't find this on Youtube any more.

Edited by giddyup

Just watched the movie "The Forgiven" and although it starts slowly, it is well worth watching to the end.

Stars Forest Whitaker and Eric Bana and is about the Truth & Reconciliation Council after apartheid. FW stars as Desmond Tutu and is very good and Bana is pure evil as a killer (won't say more).

One scene near the end would have to rate as one of the most heart wrenching scenes I have ever seen anywhere, ever, and surely the actors must have received a standing ovation after it was shot.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Trouble is ,most are PC propaganda arn't they ? i know it you know it and most of the viewing public know it . that does not mean i am anti gay , each to his own ,but please keep it to yourself ,

It doesn't mean you're tolerant of gay people either if you always see their representation in media as propaganda.

Another contrary view about the movies this time --

Ian McKellen bemoans LGBTQ representation even though 'half of Hollywood is gay'

http://www.paywallnews.com/life/Ian-McKellen-bemoans-LGBTQ-representation-even-though--half-of-Hollywood-is-gay-.rJwcoHm1Q.html

Here is an example that refutes your argument as well. The one season cancelled t.v. show RISE originally had the main character as in a gay marriage and that was vital to the script. They de-gayified that leading character for the t.v. series. It weakened the power of the show. So the cancellation -- good riddance. So what was that? Anti-gay propaganda? Ruining a script not to offend people like to you. It cuts both ways -- dude. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

http://www.paywallnews.com/life/Ian-McKellen-bemoans-LGBTQ-representation-even-though--half-of-Hollywood-is-gay-.rJwcoHm1Q.html

Here is an example that refutes your argument as well. The one season cancelled t.v. show RISE originally had the main character as in a gay marriage and that was vital to the script. They de-gayified that leading character for the t.v. series. It weakened the power of the show. So the cancellation -- good riddance. So what was that? Anti-gay propaganda? Ruining a script not to offend people like to you. It cuts both ways -- dude. 

You may be confusing shows about homosexuals with what a previous poster referred to as propaganda.

One has nothing to do with the other.

That Hollywood (homosexual or otherwise) cares more about money than producing and promoting homosexual programming is hilarious.
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, mogandave said:

You may be confusing shows about homosexuals with what a previous poster referred to as propaganda.

One has nothing to do with the other.

That Hollywood (homosexual or otherwise) cares more about money than producing and promoting homosexual programming is hilarious.

No. Rise was not a show about homosexuals. I find it hilarious when anti-gay people can't say gay and use homosexual as an obvious insult. It was a show about U.S. culture wars in the rust belt. The gay issues were a part of it. It would have been more powerful if they had kept the original story. Instead they watered it down. I'm just saying it goes both ways. It's well documented for example that representation of gay characters in the movies had gone down instead of up. When I was a kid if was almost nothing. I guess that the anti-"PC" crowd want things the way they were in the olden days. Gays basically invisible.

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

Thanks giddyup, but I think this is just the first episode...……...and Bitdefender keeps trying to block it and when I unblock, it all sorts of different websites keep loading!!

Will look around and thanks all the same. ?