What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I would probably agree with the Critic's Choice awards, but I hate to admit that 24 is the show that I download and watch the quickest these days.

Most of the shows recomended on here are really good(even the ones i recomend) but i have tried to like 24 but just find it boreing ,sorry boys.

• Like 2

Watched 'The Walk of Shame' and 'Rob the Mob' last night.

First one is a comedy come romcom, that starts out funny but loses it all the way to the end. Well the bit part actors play a better role than the main roles... Insipid: 3/10

The 2nd is a bio-film about the mob. <deleted> me, the mob are made to like rank <deleted> amateurs in this, the FBI made to look like <deleted> and the media to look like the holders of all things ethical!

The storyline was good but the lines from the kids who knocked off the mob frustrated me. 7/10

• Like 3

I would probably agree with the Critic's Choice awards, but I hate to admit that 24 is the show that I download and watch the quickest these days.

Most of the shows recomended on here are really good(even the ones i recomend) but i have tried to like 24 but just find it boreing ,sorry boys.

24 boring? I'm guessing that you are a female.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Watched 'The Walk of Shame' and 'Rob the Mob' last night.

First one is a comedy come romcom, that starts out funny but loses it all the way to the end. Well the bit part actors play a better role than the main roles... Insipid: 3/10

The 2nd is a bio-film about the mob. <deleted> me, the mob are made to like rank <deleted> amateurs in this, the FBI made to look like <deleted> and the media to look like the holders of all things ethical!

The storyline was good but the lines from the kids who knocked off the mob frustrated me. 7/10

Agree about Walk of shame. I gave it 30 minutes then gave up

Not alone there, 24 has gone way too long! Unless the '24' is ambiguous and is altered once a '24' is achieved?

I have noticed on-line that some people really pay attention to the whole "24 hour" thing. I never even notice that aspect. I just enjoy the story and never consider how much time is supposed to be passing.

IMO, it is pretty much as good now as it was in the beginning of the series, if you can ignore how much the main characters have aged. It bothered me for a few minutes at the beginning of this season, but after the action started, I forgot all about it.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I have noticed on-line that some people really pay attention to the whole "24 hour" thing. I never even notice that aspect. I just enjoy the story and never consider how much time is supposed to be passing.

IMO, it is pretty much as good now as it was in the beginning of the series, if you can ignore how much the main characters have aged. It bothered me for a few minutes at the beginning of this season, but after the action started, I forgot all about it.

I don't mind this season of 24. I have watched the first few and will have to catch up soon

• Like 1

IMO, this new series of 24, Live Another Day, is superior to the old series, 24 in some ways. The old series was pure seat of the pants fun, whereas this new one has more story line and is more appropriate for how the main actors have aged. It's still got lots of action, but it's more thoughtful and generally smarter now, if that makes sense in a popcorn munching action series. Boring? I'm not sure where that comes from.

• Like 1

For any "Louie" fans, you might try "Lucky Louie" which is more of a traditional "Sanford and Sons" type comedy sitcom, but with lots of filthy jokes. I enjoy it, but I watch a lot of his stand up comedy, which this show is more in line with, than his present show.

It stars Louie CK and the woman who plays Charlie Runcle's wife on Californication. They work together as lot, as she is also on Louie quite a bit. It only lasted one season and is available on Pirate Bay.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

For any "Louie" fans, you might try "Lucky Louie" which is more of a traditional "Sanford and Sons" type comedy sitcom, but with lots of filthy jokes. I enjoy it, but I watch a lot of his stand up comedy, which this show is more in line with, than his present show.

It stars Louie CK and the woman who plays Charlie Runcle's wife on Californication. They work together as lot, as she is also on Louie quite a bit. It only lasted one season and is available on Pirate Bay.

I quite like the show Louie. My only gripe with it is his obsession with masturbation.

• Like 1

Not last time i looked in the mirror .

I quite like the show Louie. My only gripe with it is his obsession with masturbation.

One thing to be said for masturbation ,you don't have to get dressed up for it.smile.png

• Like 3

Do you mean your only gripe or gripbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Some new shows:

- The Last Ship: (New) Basically a warship out to sea with a top CDC team (of 2) when a virus goes pandemic and infects 80+% of the Earth. Pilot was good. There was a similar film a decade or so ago with a submarine crew.

- Penny Dreadful (latest aired - episode 7): Strange drama. Set in late Victorian age England with a cast of literary "monsters" - vampyres, American Warewolf, Dorian Gray, Frankenstein, etc. Good actors and acting, been watching it, but not sure if I like it or not :D

- Salem (last aired - episode 10): Period drama during the witch trials - with real witched (not nice little Vampire Diaries type - but the traditional Double, double toil and trouble type). Its OK.

- Delirium: (New) “Delirium” is based off of the bestselling novels by Lauren Oliver. The novels are part of a trilogy which details a world where it has become illegal to be in love. Love is treated like a disease and is often referred to as “the delirium”. Coincidentally, love can be eradicated through a simple medical procedure. Lena Holoway has only 95 days until her treatment is scheduled when she falls in love. Actually much better than it sounds - seen pilot so far.

- Power (latest aired - episode 3): About a drug kingpin trying to go straight with a night club business, while keeping his partners (both his wife and his gangster buddy) under the illusion he is using the club as a front and laundry. Really quite good, but easy to see the head on collision comings - lights straight at us.

- Turn: Been on a while now, just had its first season finale (10 episodes): About the American War or Independence, and spies. Certainly pandering to the Americans this program, English being all dumb and blood thirsty, and the American's all peace loving, but there you go. Ignoring that, quite enjoyable as a drama.

Assets (latest aired - episode 3): Dramatised true life top ranking mole in the CIA during Reagan's administration.

Other new previous mentions, that are shaping up nicely or just hit finale: Believe, Orphan Black (Ssn 2), Crisis

Returning:

- Falling Skies

- True Blood (last ever series)

- Continuum

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up.

Personally, I was quite disappointed in the last season of Louie.

I think it lost it's way a bit and IMO tried to get a bit too clever.

• Like 2

Some new shows:

- The Last Ship: (New) Basically a warship out to sea with a top CDC team (of 2) when a virus goes pandemic and infects 80+% of the Earth. Pilot was good. There was a similar film a decade or so ago with a submarine crew.

- Delirium: (New) “Delirium” is based off of the bestselling novels by Lauren Oliver. The novels are part of a trilogy which details a world where it has become illegal to be in love. Love is treated like a disease and is often referred to as “the delirium”. Coincidentally, love can be eradicated through a simple medical procedure. Lena Holoway has only 95 days until her treatment is scheduled when she falls in love. Actually much better than it sounds - seen pilot so far.

Assets (latest aired - episode 3): Dramatised true life top ranking mole in the CIA during Reagan's administration.

Look forward to viewing Last Ship and Delirium.

Assets started airing in January and was cancelled after 3 episodes due to lowest ratings ever for a debut show. Ten episodes were made so maybe they will be aired now?

I thought the show was okay myself and was disappointed to get to #3 and not have any more.

Thanks for the heads up.

Did you check out the comedy series 'Legit'? Cancelled at end of season 2 unfortunately, but had some very funny moments. 1st season reminded me a lot of Louie

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up.

Did you check out the comedy series 'Legit'? Cancelled at end of season 2 unfortunately, but had some very funny moments. 1st season reminded me a lot of Louie

Thanks for the heads up.

Will have a look at itthumbsup.gif

Maybe you should avoid "Lucky Louie". His wife asks him if he thinks about her when he sneaks off and masturbates in the closet and he says, "Are you kidding?" It got a laugh out of me. tongue.png

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up.

I am nearing the end of it. I still like it, but it might have gotten too serious.

I did not like the part when he admitted to stealing something from school when he was a kid as he had already gotten away with it, but I read in an interview, that in real life, he never actually copped to the crime. That made me feel better thumbsup.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.

:

Tim's Vermeer (quasi-documentary)

r

Caught up with Tim's Vermeer the other day. A very enjoyable movie/documentary. 7.5/10 from me.

It moves a little slow but it is a fascinating and brilliant piece of amateur detective work that explains the mystery of the paintings of Vermeer.

Tim Jenison, a Texas based inventor, (Video Toaster, LightWave, TriCaster) attempts to solve one of the greatest mysteries in all art: How did 17th century Dutch master Johannes Vermeer ("Girl with a Pearl Earring") manage to paint so photo-realistically - 150 years before the invention of photography? The epic research project Jenison embarks on to test his theory is as extraordinary as what he discovers. Spanning a decade, Jenison's adventure takes him to Delft, Holland, where Vermeer painted ..

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tims_vermeer_2014/

Thank you for the suggestion. Just watched it and enjoyed it very much. Great to see when a rich creative smart guy has too much free time on his hands and takes upon this quest to paint a Vermeer!

• Like 1

I watched the first episode today.

While I thought there was some real funny lines, the constant laughter by the studio audience

made it really hard for me.

I would've enjoyed it a lot more without the constant laughing.

Whitey: United States of America v. James J. Bulger

Having read several books on James Bulger, I'm really looking forward to this one.

IMDB: Number 2 on America's Most Wanted list after Osama Bin Laden, James 'Whitey' Bulger terrorized the city of Boston for years without ever being charged with so much as a misdemeanor. Bulger was a monster, murdering over a dozen known victims, but did the FBI and local law enforcement give his reign of terror over South Boston a free pass?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3326366/?ref_=hm_otw_tt4

• Like 1

I watched the first episode today.

While I thought there was some real funny lines, the constant laughter by the studio audience

made it really hard for me.

I would've enjoyed it a lot more without the constant laughing.

At least it was real laughter, not the canned stuff in many sitcoms. biggrin.png

Whitey: United States of America v. James J. Bulger

Having read several books on James Bulger, I'm really looking forward to this one.

IMDB: Number 2 on America's Most Wanted list after Osama Bin Laden, James 'Whitey' Bulger terrorized the city of Boston for years without ever being charged with so much as a misdemeanor. Bulger was a monster, murdering over a dozen known victims, but did the FBI and local law enforcement give his reign of terror over South Boston a free pass?

Is that available now?

Just watched" the last ship ",Americans can make some great series ,breaking bad ,boston legal and the big bang theory to name just a few ,then they can make such crap ,and this is up there with the best of them ,everyone is handsome or pretty on this ship ,there is the female officer who was just waiting to take her "girlfriend "for a trip in Paris ,the self serving " black guy" who shot himself rather than infect the crew, the captains wife managed to just skype him through contacts in "the Pentagon" even though everyone there was dead , and when the captain made his speech on the bridge and the blak guy asked for "permision" to salute the captain, God what utter crap .

ps sorry if any of you liked it and really i was not having a go at Americans in general ,but how can you watch this garbage,0/10

oh yes ,i didnt like it muchthumbsup.gif

• Like 2