1 year retirement visa

A bit of a clarification.

Before I suggested that you show them the current retirement EXTENSION if you're challenged on boarding.

Basically I suggested that just to keep it simple.

But obviously that extension would be dead if you didn't have a currently valid REENTRY PERMIT.

So I think you could go either way on what to show them first if challenged.

Or snow them by showing them BOTH.

Such as here is my current reentry permit for my current RETIREMENT stamp. 

I think it will help you in the long run to understand what you have in your passport, and be able to communicate that with confidence.

You should be boarded according to their rules.

What you have:

Original 90 day O visa (now USED)

Annual retirement extension of stay (CURRENT). That is an extension of the original, now used O visa.

Valid reentry permit(s) covering the time period of your current retirement extension to stay.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

For notamember, sorry if I jumped on you before.

It is just that if you asked 100 ex-pats who have a related Visa, 99% would say Retirement Visa.

Yes, it is an O-A visa/long stay but everyone I know of, even immigration, refers to it as a Retirement Visa.

If you asked 100 ex-pats what an O-A visa is, I bet many would have no idea.

Anyway, this is mine and in fact it does say Retirement.   Yes I know what it is........

So what, I refer to it as a retirement visa for common sense communication and understanding.

20180505_135419.jpg

i will agree with Mahjonguy on this one:

''That is not a photo of an O-A visa nor any other kind of visa. It's an extension of stay''

this is an O-A visa (attached)

visa1.jpg

On 5/4/2018 at 9:54 PM, NickJ said:

I have done it many times. A couple of times the check in staff at the airport told me if I was refused entry into Thailand I would be responsible for the trip back. No worries. 

Were you not asked to sign a disclaimer to this effect on either occasion? Not sure that you could have been made responsible if you did not.