Farang pays 10 million baht to marry Thai boyfriend! But it's all about love!

rooster59

it's not just Farang paying huge sinsod in gay marriage, In the village I live in one Thai man has built a huge house for his toyboy a nice car and furnished very nicely.

36 minutes ago, kannot said:

Cant you just say something more positive, have you any proof hes  nuts:thumbsup:

I don´t know, but 10M Baht, was just the kind of enough proof I needed to cement that theory. I guess we are different there too. 

No humour, and no possibility to understand even if the hint is like 10 million big. :cheesy:

I would say that it would be insane to pay 1 million, but that´s just me. So, yes! To me he is a total nut case.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

Oh no shock horror an old man takes a very much younger bride/husband and showers him/her with money.

Good job it only happens in thailand and nowhere else in the world

Yea, it’s just weird, right? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SABloke said:

Slightly off topic: Does anyone know of a farang woman receiving sinsod? I know 4 foreign women married to Thai guys, but none of them asked for/received anything. I'm just wondering that if it is such a "part of the culture" why didn't the grooms' families insist on it? (Even just as a symbolic gesture and then the couples could've returned the money later.)

Probably cos it's not up to the grooms family. It's up to  the wifes

On a sinsod scale from 100,000 to 50,000,000 the "bride's" honest and unbridled bliss for true love found doesn't appear to be very evident from the pictures. Perhaps he would've hoped to score a little higher. After all, his a** is on the line.  

4 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Who made up the bullshit  that if 2 gays marry that than the farang gay needs to pay???

He will go home broke but not sure in a bodybag or in his underwear. Time will tell.

Is there a rule that they are following? I don't think so - in fact he seems to be a willing partner in the event so I would guess that it was his own decision.

• Like 1

If it was all about actual love, there would be no need for the big announcements, flash ceremonies, Thai traditional costumes, and TV cameras broadcasting to poor people, the dowry. It is all about the BIG FACE that Thais cannot help themselves doing, and also for the benefit of others that just encourages resentment, jealousy, and greed.

You have to go with the TV cynics on this unless a lot more information provided regards length of relationship, time together, etc  If you don't, it is too easy to believe that It ends up a fool's errand.

It becomes just an excuse for the village to get plastered, the uneducated Mother-in-Law to upset her mates showing off, and to continue and perpetuate the dream  in Isaarn villages of the " Farang Holy Grail '

It just looks like an effeminate looking young Thai taking an older foreigner with money to the cleaners. And before the accusations of me being either green-eyed or anything else, you are wrong.

My other half does have the big house in her name,( I have a usufruct ) a  new pick up and motorbike and 3 rai of land with further houses rented out for income. However, it has been a slow process and is valued and been done step by step,it has taken 22 years of knowing each other, ups and downs, illnesses, heartaches, to get to that level, we are still together and reasonably happy without going OTT.

Even if the guy is loaded, there would be far better ways of showing love and devotion to somebody much younger in a more structured way, especially with the immaturity Thai males and females can display, until well into their late thirties and early forties.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, elviajero said:

A starting point would be any relationship that is not solely based on money. There is nothing anyone could say to convince me this and every other relationship with such a large age gap is nothing more than a financial based arrangement. Each to there own.

You stated that your issue was with the age difference, not about money - so that was the basis of my question. When, in your eyes, does an age gap become too much?

1 hour ago, elviajero said:
1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

in fact he seems to be a willing partner in the event so I would guess that it was his own decision.

And I guess you'd believe the 10m baht had nothing to do with his willing decision!

I think you need to read the post I was replying to one more time. It was suggested that there was a rule that farangs marrying Thais must pay for the honour. I was suggesting that the FARANG seemed perfectly happy with the arrangement; I made no comment about the motivation of the Thai.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

An old man and young man OR woman; just not right!!!

Well, who's to say what is right or not right in this world, this with regards to relationships between individuals.

Taking out the gay element of this, for the sake of argument, the older man/younger woman syndrome is very prevalent in Thailand (and many Asian cultures) and although many may not agree with it, there are times when it is a win-win situation – – the older man gets youth, beauty and hopefully care and attention (but perhaps not love in the way Westerners perceive it, but more like respect), whilst the younger woman gets a good life, money for herself and her family and perhaps a legacy of some sort.

Although some of these can turn sour, as has often been quoted on threads like this, provided that the man (for example) understands that situation and realises exactly what the arrangement is, there should be no problem.

However once the man starts thinking that this much younger and beautiful woman actually "loves" a wrinkly old beer gutted, bald, bad breathed old farang for what he is, rather than his money, this especially when she leaves him, he is devastated.

In this case one could argue that the situation as far as the man is concerned should be, "buyer beware".

Now back to this case...…...the same applies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Who made up the bullshit  that if 2 gays marry that than the farang gay needs to pay???

He will go home broke but not sure in a bodybag or in his underwear. Time will tell.

The same person who made up the BS that the farang husband has to pay if he weds a Thai woman, but on the other hand the Thai husband doesn't have to shell out a single satang if he weds a farang woman.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

Well, who's to say what is right or not right in this world, this with regards to relationships between individuals.

Taking out the gay element of this, for the sake of argument, the older man/younger woman syndrome is very prevalent in Thailand (and many Asian cultures) and although many may not agree with it, there are times when it is a win-win situation – – the older man gets youth, beauty and hopefully care and attention (but perhaps not love in the way Westerners perceive it, but more like respect), whilst the younger woman gets a good life, money for herself and her family and perhaps a legacy of some sort.

Although some of these can turn sour, as has often been quoted on threads like this, provided that the man (for example) understands that situation and realises exactly what the arrangement is, there should be no problem.

However once the man starts thinking that this much younger and beautiful woman actually "loves" a wrinkly old beer gutted, bald, bad breathed old farang for what he is, rather than his money, this especially when she leaves him, he is devastated.

In this case one could argue that the situation as far as the man is concerned should be, "buyer beware".

Now back to this case...…...the same applies.

I think that is a fair summary! I can happily accept and go along with that.

• Like 1