Thai Education Min keen to produce 6,000 skilled workers per year

webfact

Education Min keen to produce 6,000 skilled workers per year

PNSOC610505001000201.jpg

BANGKOK, 7th May 2018 (NNT) – The Ministry of Education is determined to produce no fewer than 6,000 skilled workers on a yearly basis. 

Education Minister Teerakiat Jaroensettasin this week chaired the signing of a Memorandum of Understand (MoU) between his ministry, 12 educational institutions in the eastern region, businesses, and related organizations. 

The agreement aims to improve the abilities of vocational students, allowing them to hone their skills and gain first-hand work experience. 

The ultimate goal is to supply skilled workers to the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) and give Thai students career opportunities in the industrial sector. 

Furthermore, the minister said the move caters to the development of the S-Curve; 10 targeted industries which are next-generation automotive, intelligent electronics, advance agriculture, biotechnology, tourism, aviation and logistics, biofuels and biochemicals, medical hub, digital technology, and robotics and automation. 

Around 6,000 skilled workers per year are expected to enter the labor market as a result of the agreement.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-05-07

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Education Minister Teerakiat Jaroensettasin this week chaired the signing of a Memorandum of Understand (MoU)

Another meaningless junket!  Is anyone reassured by These Education hot air balloons?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

A few years back a Japanese agency made the observation that Thailand was expected to produce 67,000 vocational graduates over 10 years but only 3,100 or 4.5% of them of them could meet labour standards and get a job. Enough said!

How true 

They don't have the education requirements to complete a course in a Technical College 

So they drop out & become Mr Somchai, jack of all Trades

Then as mentioned in prior posts that half of them drop out whilst doing a driving exam

3 hours ago, mok199 said:

how about improving English language skills ..

One of the first things they should be taught w/r writing English is how to properly begin and end a simple sentence. :stoner:

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Haha 1

In a country with 76 million people, 6000 'skilled workers' entering the workforce based on a government lauded program is setting a really low bar.  How about 60,000?  Thailand 0.4? 

Edited by connda
  • Haha 2

As soon as middle schools and high schools start having their students do actual hands-on experiments in science class/lab, instead of me standing in front of the room trying to explain, for example, how a gas can be transparent at one wavelength of light but opaque at another, while glassy-eyed students look at me, only then will I believe that they're earnestly trying to change things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, attrayant said:

As soon as middle schools and high schools start having their students do actual hands-on experiments in science class/lab, instead of me standing in front of the room trying to explain, for example, how a gas can be transparent at one wavelength of light but opaque at another, while glassy-eyed students look at me, only then will I believe that they're earnestly trying to change things.

Be careful what you wish for... Either way, if you're teaching, I don't envy you, that's for sure.

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

6000 per year !!!

Wow, that is not a lot of skilled workers....

I wonder what percentage of the student population, 6000 is ?? 

Not much when there is probably 2 million Thai students at university getting useless degrees for jobs that are not there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AsiaHand said:

Skilled at what ? Collecting,payoffs,Cheating,How to install less material on a construction project ? This seems to be the major skill in los.

Ive found  them to be "exceptional" at doing the crappest ,laziest, messiest,  worst job possible on most occasions, usually they can throw in a  good  few "creating yet another job for me to do" at the same time.

I refuse to employ any Thai workmen now................5 years experience beginning 2006

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Not much when there is probably 2 million Thai students at university getting useless degrees for jobs that are not there

Exactly my point... Putting out 6000 skilled workers isn't shooting for the moon, is it... 

No wonder we are living in a "developing" country and not developed...

• Like 2