Boys aged 13 and 15 shot in Wealdstone, north-west London

webfact

1 minute ago, halloween said:

It could be genetics or culture, but if laws targetting a group that commit 3 times as many crimes as other racial classifications is rascist perhaps rascism is necessary.

BTW who are the OTHERs?

You are missing my point I feel.  Once you create an underclass and stuff a particular race into it, then of course those people will be more likely to commit crime.

5 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I have no idea, I`m only quoting the statistics.

No, you're not, you're drawing conclusions and giving your opinion. Nothing wrong with that, but don't pretend otherwise.

• Like 2

Please feel free to call a spade a spade although that is a pretty off colour piece of phraseolgogy in the modern day and age.  The point is the people who you choose to target are not the way you say they are because of their genes, but because of their environmental upbringing.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

1.15pm in London criminals are roaming the streets armed with guns shooting people. Honest working Brits, paying tax, trying to care for their families are totally unable to protect their loved ones. It has caused an incredible amount of stress and society is divided like never before. Police are hamstrung by PC and recently arrested an old man who during a break-in to his house at night by 2 armed pikeys actually killed one of them during a struggle and the police charged him for murder. He should have been given a medal. Trust in police forces has been decimated by their ignoring the widespread and systematic rape of young white children by grooming gangs all hailing from one part of the world, that seemingly have been above the law for decades. The liberal policy of ensuring anybody can have kids without 2 responsible adults to care for them has pretty much deconstructed the British family, and kids are growing up to be feral. 

Unless free speech is allowed again in Britain, and moves taken to bring back a civilized society I am afraid we will start seeing vigilante groups out on patrol, and justice being meted out by civilians. This is essentially the symptoms of a failed state, and for what? So we can show the world how great multiculti is and after it failed horribly try to stifle any honest discussion? It is an outrage.

2 people being shot, not nice but not like the mass shootings in the USA everyday where your friend Trump is ruling. Get some perspective.

• Like 2

Sadly we now live in a drugged up world society, huge number of folk ain't happy to have a few beers, they must pop a pill or snort something. Low life don't want to work as easy money is to be made via drugs.

50% of police work now revolves around drugs, but they do not have the troops to make a dent in the problem..:sad:

Thankfully those who are caught and convicted do get substantial prison sentences..

• Like 1

On 07/05/2018 at 9:19 AM, bert bloggs said:

When you look at the picture of 90% of these people they are black , now if i am not being PC then i am sorry but the facts speak for themselves , we have imported this starting in the 60s .

I know the usual suspects will call me racist and denigrate me when i say my best friend is half black , and there are so many decent honest immegrants and their descendents ,but it does seem that they these days seem to be the minority .

i am afraid we have sowed the wind and now are reaping the whirlwind .

Enoch Powell must be doing somersaults in his grave.

34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Gun deaths in the UK? Surely not, as Britain doesn't allow gun ownership, except under strict regulations.

Haven't the American liberals been telling us for years that removing guns from the hands of law abiding citizens will eliminate gun crime?

I had a 357 & 44 Magnum and hundreds of rounds of ammo in the UK kept in my house, taking them away lowered the risk of me going on a shooting spree if l cracked up...:stoner:

There has always been illegal guns out there in the UK and still are...

9 minutes ago, transam said:

I had a 357 & 44 Magnum and hundreds of rounds of ammo in the UK kept in my house, taking them away lowered the risk of me going on a shooting spree if l cracked up...:stoner:

There has always been illegal guns out there in the UK and still are...

:shock1: <- this emoticon is not available as a reaction.  I have a sheath, butterfly, and flick knife here in my coffee table drawer but that really doesn't stand up to this revelation.

Edited by Slip
stoopid f/th
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Slip said:

:shock1: <- this emoticon is not available as a reaction.  I have a sheath, butterfly, and flick knife here in my coffee table draw but that really doesn't stand up to this revelation.

Well said. Most of us have cars, which are the weapon of choice at present, for terrorists.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Slip said:

You are missing my point I feel.  Once you create an underclass and stuff a particular race into it, then of course those people will be more likely to commit crime.

Let's remember that the people responsible for the underclass are not the ones that suffer the effects of said underclass.

51 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Gun deaths in the UK? Surely not, as Britain doesn't allow gun ownership, except under strict regulations.

Haven't the American liberals been telling us for years that removing guns from the hands of law abiding citizens will eliminate gun crime?

Congratulations, that must surely be a contender for the most inane post of the week.

Gun deaths per 100k population:

US:11.96

UK: 0.23

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

But hey, if those kids were armed they might be alive today, right???:crazy:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slip said:

:shock1: <- this emoticon is not available as a reaction.  I have a sheath, butterfly, and flick knife here in my coffee table drawer but that really doesn't stand up to this revelation.

I should have mentioned I did have a license ....5170.gif.0eb6ba9c41ff29269c0fb85c4573e50f.gif

4 minutes ago, Becker said:

Congratulations, that must surely be a contender for the most inane post of the week.

Gun deaths per 100k population:

US:11.96

UK: 0.23

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

But hey, if those kids were armed they might be alive today, right???:crazy:

I guess you missed the sarcasm.

Jai yen, jai yen ( chill, man ).

Edited by thaibeachlovers

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Let's remember that the people responsible for the underclass are not the ones that suffer the effects of said underclass.

Nobody made them an underclass but themselves , as Oscar Wilde once said ,"we are all in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Nobody made them an underclass but themselves , as Oscar Wilde once said ,"we are all in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars"

As one that actually lived and worked in the UK as part of the underclass, I disagree. The toffs are not going to share the power whatever they pretend to do.

The pathetic attempt they made to allow us to live in London by providing ( so called ) affordable accommodation for essential workers went by the board when they sold our ( expensive ) hospital accommodation to the rich to live in. The workers got the shaft ( as usual ).

Meanwhile, the consultants were getting rich by using NHS workers to staff their private cases.

People talk about corruption in Thailand, but they've got nothing on the English nobs.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As one that actually lived and worked in the UK as part of the underclass, I disagree. The toffs are not going to share the power whatever they pretend to do.

The pathetic attempt they made to allow us to live in London by providing ( so called ) affordable accommodation for essential workers went by the board when they sold our ( expensive ) hospital accommodation to the rich to live in. The workers got the shaft ( as usual ).

Meanwhile, the consultants were getting rich by using NHS workers to staff their private cases.

People talk about corruption in Thailand, but they've got nothing on the English nobs.

I am not talking about being a "toff" just an ordinary decent human being ,what this scum is not ,and there are many decent poor people who just go on working and living a decent life and bringing their kids up decently . and i lived in London and the surrounds for many a long year without drug dealing or shooting anyone

On 5/7/2018 at 12:19 PM, bert bloggs said:

When you look at the picture of 90% of these people they are black , now if i am not being PC then i am sorry but the facts speak for themselves , we have imported this starting in the 60s .

I know the usual suspects will call me racist and denigrate me when i say my best friend is half black , and there are so many decent honest immegrants and their descendents ,but it does seem that they these days seem to be the minority .

i am afraid we have sowed the wind and now are reaping the whirlwind .

This is the same story all over the western world since the 1980s.  And anyone who raises this or related issues, is branded as a racist and/or a bigot.  Given that multi-culturalism has been tried for over 40 years, and has clearly failed, means multi-culturalism was wrong.  Tolerance and appeasement of diametrically opposed cultural and moral values was never going to work - and it never will.  It is not a matter of skin colour - it is a matter of culture and values.   

For those PC biased liberal Expats who dont understand - take a look at Thailand and the huge differences in people's values here.  Now, take that huge difference and multiply by 100, and then instead of a Buddhist driven culture for 2500 years, put in place a violent tribal driven culture that goes back 10,000+ years.  Bringing large numbers of people from that culture into the West and making little attempt to get them to understand western culture and values, and making nil attempts to make them adopt/accept those same western values and culture, was a huge huge mistake. I could say a similar things about large groups from a certain Religion - but this issue is about culture - and the majority of them are OK.

Absolutely allow immigration - it is the right thing.  But the individuals must be selected and they must be comoing for the right reason - to start a new life and to adopt/accept the values of the country they are moving to.   If they are not intending to do that, then why are they immigrating to another country.  And the reason I say adopt/accept, is that it is OK to not adopt if an immigrant does not want to - but they must accept.  And before they can accept, they have to understand - there has to be a program to educate them about the culture they are now living in.  Failing to adopt is OK, but refusal to accept should result in deportation.  Once deportations occur, then the 'message' will be clear - come and live here by all means, but you must adopt/accept our way of life. The message must be - it is our culture and you must accept it - or you will be made to leave.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2018 at 11:07 AM, BuriramSam said:

It seems to me people have three options in situations like this.

1) Flee the area. 

2) Continue taking their chances.

3) arm one's self possibly have a better outcome if attacked.

Those who can't do item 1 are essentially forced to pick between 2 and 3. Maslow's hierarchy of needs dictates some will do what it takes to improve their physical safety.

You forgot  #4

Arm yourself and possibly have a worse outcome

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Unfortunately, kindness is not in our genetic make up. Survival depends on killing the threat, and we still do that well, despite having left the cave millennia ago.

Nonsense. As Franz der Waal, the noted primatologist once pointed out, it's amazing how peacable human beings are. He pointed to the example of our nearest primate relatives, the chimps. De Waal noted that every year students who are complete strangers to each other sit at close quarters in the first lecture class. If these students were chimps, total warfare would break out. 

But your observation does point up a genuine deficiency in human thinking: focusing on the unusual and extraordinary instead of the mundane. Murders are very rare in the UK. And considering that most of these victims of violence are themselves criminals, it's extremely unlike that a non-criminal Briton will be murdered.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

This is the same story all over the western world since the 1980s.  And anyone who raises this or related issues, is branded as a racist and/or a bigot.  Given that multi-culturalism has been tried for over 40 years, and has clearly failed, means multi-culturalism was wrong.  Tolerance and appeasement of diametrically opposed cultural and moral values was never going to work - and it never will.  It is not a matter of skin colour - it is a matter of culture and values.   

For those PC biased liberal Expats who dont understand - take a look at Thailand and the huge differences in people's values here.  Now, take that huge difference and multiply by 100, and then instead of a Buddhist driven culture for 2500 years, put in place a violent tribal driven culture that goes back 10,000+ years.  Bringing large numbers of people from that culture into the West and making little attempt to get them to understand western culture and values, and making nil attempts to make them adopt/accept those same western values and culture, was a huge huge mistake. I could say a similar things about large groups from a certain Religion - but this issue is about culture - and the majority of them are OK.

Absolutely allow immigration - it is the right thing.  But the individuals must be selected and they must be comoing for the right reason - to start a new life and to adopt/accept the values of the country they are moving to.   If they are not intending to do that, then why are they immigrating to another country.  And the reason I say adopt/accept, is that it is OK to not adopt if an immigrant does not want to - but they must accept.  And before they can accept, they have to understand - there has to be a program to educate them about the culture they are now living in.  Failing to adopt is OK, but refusal to accept should result in deportation.  Once deportations occur, then the 'message' will be clear - come and live here by all means, but you must adopt/accept our way of life. The message must be - it is our culture and you must accept it - or you will be made to leave.

I have made a promise to myself to be less snarky on TV but I  can't let this nonsense stand.  So I will point out what rubbish you are spouting as politely as I can. 

I grew up and went to school in and around London in the 70s and 80s and worked there well into the 90s and early noughties.  My friends and colleagues were from many different corners of the globe.  Sure there were/are  problems in some areas but multiculturalism has absolutely not been a failure.  Literally millions of people from myriad racial backgrounds did and do live cheek by jowl in perfect harmony.  The troubled areas areas were and are those that are financially deprived, even those which were predominantly white as I recall.  If you don't want to be called a racist or a bigot I suggest you try to be less racist and bigoted.

Your point about accepting the values of UK society is fair, but that is what the vast  majority of immigrants have done and do.  If you chuck out those who do not assimilate it will be a small minority and  the effect will be negligible other than as a salve to racists and bigots who arguably are half the problem anyway.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

In order to be taken seriously - you need to provide more  than  an  ad hominem argument.

"Here little fishy." :laugh:

Well, it was the only way I could construe what you posted as having any relevance to the discussion at hand. Otherwise, it would mean that your post was generic trolling with no rational connection at all to the thread.. Oh wait...

And what makes your critique of my comments particularly ludicrous is that your "argument" consisted of a caption and a photo of some fish. Or is that picture your own private version of hieroglyphics?

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/7/2018 at 1:10 PM, sanemax said:

Tony Martin shot the burglar in the back, as he was running away and that is why he got charged with the killing .

shouldve aimed for the head, they should have no rights once theyve tried to enter your house

Just now, overherebc said:

I really didn't know it was such a high figure.

Frightening.

Its the Thai  smiling happy folk, just like most things here from their history to that which cant be mentioned, mostly myth.