WAS HE KILLED? Friends of Brit who plunged from Thai balcony while going through bitter divorce believe he was MURDERED

webfact

4 minutes ago, catman20 said:

agreed but theirs a lot that end in shxt and i cant say im surprised.

Of course there is. It's not exclusive to Thailand. Myself and two good mates were  bled dry in my country by greedy money grabbing women so anything other than that here is a bonus. 

Most of it is common sense as you know. No point in stating the obvious otherwise it would just be another cut and paste "don't marry a bar girl " exclusive like the previous 100 in this thread. 

Edited by Kadilo

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Don't marry a bar girl and you are a tiny bit more likely to find one here than in the west.

Your response makes no sense. Plenty of horror stories of guys from western countries getting taken to the cleaners by "nice" girls, who are really no better than $10 hookers. At least in Thailand you know what you're getting.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I said it somewhere else already: Why do people still engage with hookers? You wouldn’t do it back home. Why do it here?

Get a quality girl. Someone who owns her own car and condo; who has her own six figure salary; someone who can, without embarrassment or shame, be introduced to you friends and family, or taken to a company dinner; someone who has proper education; someone who lived abroad; someone who doesn’t mind paying her share of the bill; etc etc. Sure, someone like that can still screw. But how big is the risk compared to engaging with a prostitute, and how big is the chance that the relationship will work out well compared to a relationship with a hooker? 

Whatever happened to this poor fella, whether it was suicide or murder, I’m sure it would not have happened if he had engaged with a quality girl. 

Thats  a little misleading. Yes, a young farang shouldnt have any trouble meeting an attractive Bangkok woman with a job and car as long as he's a decent person and speaks Thai.

Most farangs who get married in LOS  are 45-75 years old, tattoos ,bald and pub drinkers. They always marry the lowest girls fom the poorest villages in Isan/Korat. There is nothing else available for them.

Never seen a European  man with a Bangkok wife. Always Isan /Korat.

2 hours ago, lanista said:

Thats  a little misleading. Yes, a young farang shouldnt have any trouble meeting an attractive Bangkok woman with a job and car as long as he's a decent person and speaks Thai.

Most farangs who get married in LOS  are 45-75 years old, tattoos ,bald and pub drinkers. They always marry the lowest girls fom the poorest villages in Isan/Korat. There is nothing else available for them.

Never seen a European  man with a Bangkok wife. Always Isan /Korat.

I don"t know who you associate with ,same class of people who you talk about i imagine ,but none of my friends have tattoos ,are pub drinkers , but i will agree some are bald . They have all been married for a very long time and like myself met their wives while working here(no< none owned bars) our  grown up "children" are all well educated and have good jobs, and in the case of my wife anyway lived and worked in Bangkok.so please do not class everyone by your standards.

by the way i met some very nice bar girls before i was married ,

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

You can only speak for yourself as you have no idea of anyone else's circumstances. 

You are a denier living in a illusion, we are all in the same boat. Some feel lucky, some are lucky, but most complain and trow shit at others, and the rest of us do not give a shit or take shit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the wife and girlfriend colluded. 

The girlfriends change of story of being in bed, after police pointed out that she couldn't have been, is a bright red flag in itself. 

And the photo of the new GF looking absolutely distraught whilst holding a photo of the deceased seems a but staged , unless there just happened to be a photographer with her when she received the news .

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

And the photo of the new GF looking absolutely distraught whilst holding a photo of the deceased seems a but staged , unless there just happened to be a photographer with her when she received the news .

I have seen them sit like that for hours, so it is a cultural thing, and no suspesious about that. And Sherlock holmes figuured out it was a set up between a good decent lady and a former bar lady. Jeeez wish I had the chems you guys are taking, must be good. delusional at its best. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Never put anything in the name of a local and make it clear in your wills,  both in Thailand and abroad,  that in case of any "sudden termination", the house on leasehold will be sold and the money will go to anybody abroad, but nobody in Thailand !! (because you were smart and did not buy land or anything in your girl's name)

As for the cash, just the minimum in the bank to calm down the *ç%%@ visa immigration requirements and that's it......

As for the monthly expenses, be the only one able to wire it each month from your home account, thus if you suddenly depart, nobody else to transfer the ca$h as it wont come in automatically !!  Very important and make sure the woman on your side is aware of this.

For those not yet into the trap of marriage, ask yourselves why you cannot just have a regular girlfriend/sexfriend in Thailand ???, and what necessity to marry ?....... just to make up for something you missed back home ??  and end up on retirement to get ripped off, cheated (or worse)  by some Thai lady or her family ??? 

All the women in Thailand are obviously not bad...but many are...no offence please to the "I-am-happy-married-for-10-years"....:jap:. And if the girls likes you, she stays no matter how much or how little you give her.

Be safe you old grouches out there and always be worth more alive then dead.....have fun in the mean time !!!!!

what you write is so true.

many these guys are so gullible m. i even know one case a guy met one of these girls and married in 2 months.

why? she say she would not have sex until after marriage because she say she is a good girl.

lol and he believe her! 

thats often how they force a quick marriage.

the guy now loose a house and car.

and yes this GOOD girl is not a bargirl or hooker.

the point is: dont have to be a hooker for you to get skinned!

these good girls with good job, good family because they often smarter and will scam old whitey a lot quicker and have house for herself and brother in no time!

• Like 1

Apologies for this post: it is conjecture.

Back to the unfortunate death. The Sun (as is their norm)  has printed a sensationalist version, citing friends who consider that he was murdered, albeit the simplest (as par Occam's Razor) would indicate suicide (in that it was spontaneous). 

The deceased was intending to bring about a divorce case. Allegedly his legal knowledge of such cases was excellent. It was stated that he had debts of £100k, but has not been substantiated or verified.

His state of mind at the approximate time of death was unknown. However, it would not be wrong to surmise his emotional state could have been unbalanced by what had happened to him. 

His new girlfriend's movements/evidence are unclear. Either she was present in the room as has been reported, or not. The police said the room was empty, tidy, no sign of anything abnormal e.g. a disturbance and the door locked from the inside. As it was a button lock, she (or another) could have locked it when exiting. There is a posted picture of her grieving at his demise in this forum above. There is no mention of CCTV coverage, and if so, whether the police had viewed it.

His ex was reported to be in Norway with a new boyfriend at the time of death.

Autopsy findings that have not been disclosed publicly (for obvious reasons). Should the family / friends require a private second opinion on cause of death, i,.e. before the fall? or on ground impact, they have a few days grace before the cremation this coming week. 

Currently, without any thing to the contrary, I am siding with the theory that an event that day (could have been a message, call, or realisation) was the (proverbial) straw that broke his back and his only relief from internal torment was to jump from the balcony.  

RIP.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You must understand, the girls that you describe will not be interested in a retired divorced foreigner who is old enough to be her Father

1. I didn’t say get a girl that is young enough to be your daughter. I said get a girl who’s not a hooker, get one who has her own money, who’s well educated etc. 

2. I’m sure there are quality girls in any age range, and there are quality girls that don’t care if you’re retired and divorced. Maybe because they are retired and divorced too. Even if not, that doesn’t change anything: Don’t end up with a hooker. Apart from the apparent risks and issues, do people not have a bit of self-respect? 

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Tinder=hookers. Dress it up how you like if it makes you feel better and keeps your conscience clear.  

I feel sorry you only met hookers there. You do realise there are way more girls there than just the ones who decide to talk with you? 

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I’m sure there are quality girls in any age range, and there are quality girls that don’t care if you’re retired and divorced. Maybe because they are retired and divorced too. Even if not, that doesn’t change anything: Don’t end up with a hooker. Apart from the apparent risks and issues, do people not have a bit of self-respect? 

Why would anyone want an infertile woman?

If you need companionship, Yellow Labradors are great.

I still think this guy was killed, if I were getting a divorce in Thailand, I wouldn't be leaving the ground floor until it was well over. No point taking chances.

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Apologies for this post: it is conjecture.

Back to the unfortunate death...........................

The aspect of who was going to gain or lose from the divorce (had it gone through) needs to be looked at .

Would the Wife now be entitled to his pension for life , as they are still married ?

Would She have lost the pension , had the divorce gone though ?

Would the Wife be liable to repay half his debt , had the divorce gone through ?

It was stated that he was making a legal case, to get his assets back .

He had a new girlfriend and still had his large weekly pension , the Wife was in Norway , why didnt the deceased just take off with the new GF and go and live elsewhere (off his pension) and just leave the wife and debt behind ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

He had a new girlfriend and still had his large weekly pension , the Wife was in Norway , why didnt the deceased just take off with the new GF and go and live elsewhere (off his pension) and just leave the wife and debt behind ?

The OP also mentions that he worked as a teacher, so add a possible extra income to the equation.

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The aspect of who was going to gain or lose from the divorce (had it gone through) needs to be looked at .

Would the Wife now be entitled to his pension for life , as they are still married ?

Would She have lost the pension , had the divorce gone though ?

Would the Wife be liable to repay half his debt , had the divorce gone through ?

It was stated that he was making a legal case, to get his assets back .

Quite, added reasons for a disturbed mind. I'm almost certain he wasn't able to think straight  - particularly your last para.

20 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Just seeing how these bargirls dress and behave; all the ugly tattoos; the big mouths; the shabby clothes; the low level of education

Obviously haven't met many Thai BGs. Most don't have tattoos, or big mouths and plenty of non BGs with low education level in LOS.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

It depends on the circumstances.

I would say just the opposite

So you marry them and take them to California?..

I know 2 guys who are in their 60's and brought their lovely 30 year old brides to the US to "show them off".

Neither lasted as the girls quickly learn they are out of place and the dude they are with is way under of their league and their age difference is frowned upon.

Both ended up meeting younger, richer guys and dumping the old man.

I say keep them here and just be smart about it.

I have been marrie with children here for years. I personally  believe that here your only as good as the people around you. If the people are you are bad they shall teach you the bad things and use you to the point where you find it normal

if your around good people they shall warn you of dangers and tell you the truth about what is accepted a right and wrong. Took me a long time to find someone that is respected in the community for doing the right thing and distancing her self away from people she has a problem with 

Thai people in gerneral are not bad. Up to one point I beleived all these horror stories that Forang shared and were backed up by thai girl friends as it was in their Intereted to install fear into us.

but for real most Thais are vet helpful and generous to a point until you either in knowingly disrespect them. Or the translator is pinning bad stories on you 

or your partner is making problems with people and you go along with them

its a maze to work out but if I was to walk into a bar in Pattaya then marry as soon a possible then I might as well soon a wheel with the odds against me as to that marriage working out

Have to ask yourself why are these women in the bar in the first place 

reason is to sell you stories backed up with a beautiful body. To as many people as possible

this is their job. This is how they put food on their tables 

just as if I was to go to a loan shark borrow money and not pay back then complain because my life is in danger

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BigC said:

just as if I was to go to a loan shark borrow money and not pay back then complain because my life is in danger

Ten points from Hummin!

People are stupid and do stupid things. I also do stupid things, but then I usealy know, and willing to roll the dice. Calculated risk is when the win is greater than the loss, but the risk is still worth it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Ten points from Hummin!

People are stupid and do stupid things. I also do stupid things, but then I usealy know, and willing to roll the dice. Calculated risk is when the win is greater than the loss, but the risk is still worth it. 

You have to roll a dice sometimes until you get a lucky win

4 hours ago, lanista said:

Lifestyle, looks, education, etc. is all our own choice. So when I say “don’t end up with a hooker”, that obviously includes to not ending up as a person who’s only attractive to hookers in the first place. 

2 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Why would anyone want an infertile woman?

If you need companionship, Yellow Labradors are great.

When it comes to marriage or relationship, some people would prefer a infertile quality woman over a fertile hooker. But if fertility is so important for you, then marry that bargirl for her fertility. 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Haha 1