WAS HE KILLED? Friends of Brit who plunged from Thai balcony while going through bitter divorce believe he was MURDERED

webfact

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Shouldhaveknownbetter said:

My conclusion is from knowing many Thai families.  I could be wrong. But even you must realize that not every Thai family is welcoming of westerners. 

Of course not every Thai family is welcoming of westerners. Same as not every Western family is welcoming of Asians. 

And if you know many families that would forbid her daughter to date a westerner, then fair enough and I understand why you would come to such conclusion. 

I personally never had issues meeting quality girls in Bangkok or while traveling. The same applies for my friends, classmates, and work colleagues. And when I look around here in the office.. so many well-educated, high-salaried single ladies in their early/mid thirties who spent significant time abroad and work extensively with western people everyday. Maybe not all of them

are into western guys; maybe for some family is the reason. But I can’t see why not at least half of them shouldn’t be open to date a western guy. In fact, I’m currently “dating” one of them, and she’s telling me exactly the same thing. From talking to her, it’s more a problem of finding a decent (western) guy, part of the problem being that they spend 80% of their life in the office working 80 hrs weeks and the remaining time with their moms and dads. 

2 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Well theres a few thousand Thai Visa readers who havent been scammed , and are quite happy.!.

But that proves nothing?:blink: It could be like living at the base of a temporarily dormant volcano

This like so many others here is a sad and completely preventable story.  

Hookers are like tigers.  You can go to the zoo and look at them, even go inside their enclosure and pet them.  But you'll never be able to bring that tiger home and you shouldn't want to.  To really love that tiger is to see it in the wild in all of its beauty and splendor and understand it was never meant to be caged.

4 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Of course not every Thai family is welcoming of westerners. Same as not every Western family is welcoming of Asians. 

And if you know many families that would forbid her daughter to date a westerner, then fair enough and I understand why you would come to such conclusion. 

I personally never had issues meeting quality girls in Bangkok or while traveling. The same applies for my friends, classmates, and work colleagues. And when I look around here in the office.. so many well-educated, high-salaried single ladies in their early/mid thirties who spent significant time abroad and work extensively with western people everyday. Maybe not all of them

are into western guys; maybe for some family is the reason. But I can’t see why not at least half of them shouldn’t be open to date a western guy. In fact, I’m currently “dating” one of them, and she’s telling me exactly the same thing (even though she herself only had Thai guys before). 

Fair enough.  You are a reasonable person with first hand experience.

Headline: (Question) "Was he killed?"

(Answer) Yes, he was definitely killed as the result of the fall.

I think the question you meant to ask is "Was he murdered?"

Sorry to sound like a smart ar$e,  but a lot of reporting recently (particularly by the BBC) I find a little 'sloppy' and annoying. Probably because I had a lousy education and think that journalists and reporters get such jobs because they are better educated than me!

Regardless of me being pedantic.... A tragic story but one which too often repeats itself here, where insatiable greed is so ingrained in many.

RIP to the poor chap and condolences to family & friends.

1 hour ago, Justfine said:

Daughters of Batman?

you ain't seen MTB in action .  He can get them to hang upside down .....and then anything goes !

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Don’t know what a TEFLer is. But is meeting girls really rocket science? Ever considered that it could work the same here as back home, where you (probably) wouldn’t look in brothels either, but meet girls through friends, at work, in the library, during workout, as part of a club, or even on Tinder? Why do people think this is a different planet?

Never saw any hookers back home, here they are every 100m or so. 

14 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Every 100 cm on Soi 6.

God, for anyone to suggest it would be the same back home??

Sure if one is into 60 year old hags.

Here 30 is easy so a different planet?

Thank God Yes!

11 hours ago, altcar bob said:

Been a lot of stories on TVF about the wife just going to loan sharks and getting huge wads of loans on anything the husband has of value including the house, car, etc.  Yes even if the husband doesn't know he has to pay or cough up his property.  It is the law. 

It is impossible to keep the funds out of reach of a wife...but not so with a girlfriend.  Get my drift?

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

The moral to the story, is: Do not marry if you are going to live in Thailand. And for what reason will you?

Custody of your children.

Easy VISA.

Because you love her.

There are far to many farangs falling off balconies in the Kingdom all it takes is a gentle shove from behind if they are caught unaware . No doubt the police once again will conclude that it was suicide so it is a waste of time the family asking for a further investigation. RIP to the deceased no doubt the deceased’s wife is already on the lookout for another gullible Farang. 

3 hours ago, Jip99 said:

I think you will will find that adds up to a grand total somewhere near diddly-squat.

Car in her name, bike in her name, land in her name...jewelry...

I don’t see your words “his investment “ having much value in this case.

Just because its in her name, doesn't mean he isn't entitled to 50%... If he could have shown that it was purchased with his money, he would have stood a chance of getting half back..

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

Was the front door bolted from the inside or was it one of those push button locks , which you press on the way out ?

Also , it would have been quite easy for the wife to arrange a meeting with a mutual friend to discuss the situation .

The mutual friend visits , suggests a drink /smoke on the balcony , a hefty shove and goodbye 

Well the police suggested it had been locked from the inside, but of course we don't now for sure what that meant exactly.  The rest seems very speculative... I would meet such a person, a mutual friend who is capable of such, in a public place!

8 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Thai divorce law is very specific, all marital assets (acquired during marriage) are divide 50/50, its pretty straight forward, you keep what you had prior and split what was acquired during the marriage. Its barstool gossip that the thai woman keeps it all, it was a gift etc.

OF all the farang I know that went thru divorce here in Thailand none of them did that well!  

12 hours ago, ezzra said:

All too familiar story, an old geezer fall in love with a Thai bar girl, ' she falls in love with him, big wedding lots of drinks and food and big dowry,

lavishing her and her family with money and gifts, bar girl has a boyfriend on the side using the old guy money to support him, old guy find out, fighting fighting and more fighting, old guy desperte

and lost as to what is a happening here, more money on lawyers, try to save the marriage, nothing works, old guy either goes back home a broken man or jump from a balcony, suicide, will be the police findings.....

here we go again.

4 hours ago, crazyk said:

Its right what they said here of his "former hooker" wife.i used to do a lot of short times then find a nice 1 stay with her maybe weeks .months or years.but when they start asking then demanding expensive things like scooters.high end phones or a house she's out of the door with all her stuff packed in 7/11 bags thrown at her.most expats are so gullible

Never ever let them move IN!  EVER!  Boot them that night or early in the morning at light!  Remember the story of the camel that put his nose under the tent of the master in the cold desert night?

4 hours ago, crazyk said:

Its right what they said here of his "former hooker" wife.i used to do a lot of short times then find a nice 1 stay with her maybe weeks .months or years.but when they start asking then demanding expensive things like scooters.high end phones or a house she's out of the door with all her stuff packed in 7/11 bags thrown at her.most expats are so gullible

Cheap charlies ruins the deal every time. Ai what to say, no class and a 7/11 bag ??? 

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

While I seriously doubt that you “Never saw any hookers back home”, same as there are certainly not hookers here “every 100m or so”, I can’t see what that has to do with what I wrote in response to your question how to meet quality girls.

Even if you “Never saw any hookers back home” and there really were hookers here “every 100m or so” —— does that stop you from meeting girls at one of the places I mentioned? 

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Cheap charlies ruins the deal every time. Ai what to say, no class and a 7/11 bag ??? 

Yep, I no longer accept plastic bags from 7/11.. I thought it was because I was trying to save the planet - I now see that it was just to avoid the cheap Charlie label.

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

are into western guys; maybe for some family is the reason. But I can’t see why not at least half of them shouldn’t be open to date a western guy. In fact, I’m currently “dating” one of them, and she’s telling me exactly the same thing. From talking to her, it’s more a problem of finding a decent (western) guy, part of the problem being that they spend 80% of their life in the office working 80 hrs weeks and the remaining time with their moms and dads. 

Well la de da da. Aren't you the smug know all. Go to the top of the class!

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Custody of your children.

Easy VISA.

Because you love her.

Not going to have fixed that

Im passed 50

? I do not understand how I can love her after being member of TV one mor than a year. 

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

so many well-educated, high-salaried single ladies in their early/mid thirties who spent significant time abroad and work extensively with western people everyday.

I thought you were looking for 'quality', women in their 30s are past their most fertile years and they're available to you because Thai men don't want them. Yeah, for me they're perfect and suitably desperate.

Archived