Is it an end of an era for the Western Expat?

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

How many forum posting ex-pats came to Thailand , avoided prostitutes , met a non prostitute naturally , got married and lived happily every after ?

Hardly any, if any at all .

Me for one.....

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yes 99% of this forum members are probably having relationships with bar girls and or are married with hookers. The truth is harsh but there are always the 1% guys.

Everybody know  catolic priest is gay and like young boys! It is as stupid as that!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yes i rarely seen real expats here.

Most are a bunch of Alcoholic problematic drinkers without any job at all..

You must be looking in the wrong places then. I know quite a few in BKK some of whom I worked with years ago and quite a few retired guys, NONE of whom are problematic drinkers.

You need to change bar stools and get out of the sleaze pits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Phillipines is a fraction of the cost here but whats really turning people away is the rudeness and blatant nastiness of the Thais, something that has always been there but the past few years more prominent. Every corner here is a scam or double price for Foreigners. Good luck with their Northern Friends as they will soon find a better place to go than here.

Not much of that around where I live in rural Khampaeng Phet but perhaps there is in Pattaya. I have no idea currently but I haven't been there for about 8 years.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

This thread is nothing to do with Catholic priests and pedophilia .

Try to stay on topic

It is right on the topic how stupid it is to discuss how many have a prostetute as gf or wife. 

Get over it, and go on to next topic. What I concern is everyone who indult with western is a prostetute, and can impossible love a western, because thai do not know love! They do not know anything about life, just money, gold and food. 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Everybody know  catolic priest is gay and like young boys! It is as stupid as that!

Never met one, but my priest did take us down the pub on a Friday night now and again after youth club for a beer or too.

Great guy, but a bit of a boozer.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Yes and there are many expats who claim not to have married a lady who was previously engaged in any P4P activity who are just out and out liars.  That include many on this and other forums.

Yes some may prefer to deny that their wives were ever on the game, knowing that they were. There are also quite  a few 'good' ladies who may have done some part-time P4P work over the odd weekend too. Money is an attraction. Doesn't prevent them stopping and becoming good wives!

Surely they should not still be referred to as 'hookers'.... are retired train drivers still train drivers?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

You must be looking in the wrong places then. I know quite a few in BKK some of whom I worked with years ago and quite a few retired guys, NONE of whom are problematic drinkers.

You need to change bar stools and get out of the sleaze pits.

I rarely drink alchohol  i like Mango-shakes with banana..

5 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Yes and there are many expats who claim not to have married a lady who was previously engaged in any P4P activity who are just out and out liars.  That include many on this and other forums.

Yes, I have known some who do that. However, does that make you think that all Thai waives were whores?

2 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Yes, I have known some who do that. However, does that make you think that all Thai waives were whores?

Only 3 to 6% of the female population are hookers.

The 99% guy must have a very closed view.

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

There seems to be two groups of people on TV .

A group of people regularly talk about their life of prostitution and when it comes to discussing it , the other group of people appear giving the impression that no one ever indulges in prostitution .

I did live among prostitutes for years , despise every single one of them .

Well, now, that is a different situation. Yes, many expats have had bad experiences with the ladies of negotiable virtue. However, I have also known also expats who married ex-bar girls and found good relationships. It certainly depends upon the people involved and what their needs are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe its better that there'd be less ex-pats, you never know, you might enjoy things here more. Doesn't mean anything particularly that there are less ex-pats. It is not like Thailand and Thai people are a different planet as different as they may be, you might as well stay home if you don't like a different environment, I don't think it ends up being much cheaper to live here.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:29 AM, sanemax said:

Although Thailand is still relatively cheap , things have gotton alot more expensive in the last few years .

With inflation and currency exchange rates, some things have doubled in price in the last five years or so

Not so. I live in a very nice place for 500 a day. I could get a reasonable place for less. Cheap hotels haven't really increased in price in over 10 years.

I can also eat well on less than 200 baht a day, but I don't normally eat at the Dukes, or buy food at Rimping.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, soistalker said:

If you marry a woman who was in the P4P game, even if she did it once, she sees all men in terms of "how mut you gib me."

The bigger question is why would you marry a whore ? It is absurd 

Why marry at all, they might cheat you anyway, and Im sure they will, even charming as you are, they will

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

And the US/miltary expats started the western expat expat boom??

Sadly you are living in that euro/aussie fantasy land mate. Germans came here in the 70's and were the first expat wave who came rolling in. The real expat boom though came in the 1990's when cable and modern air conditioners made life possible outside of Bangkok or Pattaya for the  majority of expats. And this flood was mainly Brits on their pensions. This talk of the great exchange rates, and value for money -  only happend post 1997 when the thai economy melted down. An unreal situation caused by a very real problem in non performing loans, basically fraud defaults.

You may be right.

I arrived in 71 but I have never really been an expat.  Just a wanderer.:cheesy:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, soistalker said:

If you marry a woman who was in the P4P game, even if she did it once, she sees all men in terms of "how mut you gib me."

The bigger question is why would you marry a whore ? It is absurd 

You hear that often?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not so. I live in a very nice place for 500 a day. I could get a reasonable place for less. Cheap hotels haven't really increased in price in over 10 years.

I can also eat well on less than 200 baht a day, but I don't normally eat at the Dukes, or buy food at Rimping.

I did say somethings : Accommodation prices have remained stable, due to the huge competition

41 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why? The girls are the reason most of us are here. There may be an occasional exception, but for most it's true.

Also, talking about Thai girls beats complaining about too many wires on power poles, or where to find a decent burger.

Everyone is here for the prostitutes , but no one ever goes with prostitues

• Confused 1

On 5/12/2018 at 11:29 AM, sanemax said:

Although Thailand is still relatively cheap , things have gotton alot more expensive in the last few years .

With inflation and currency exchange rates, some things have doubled in price in the last five years or so

My m/c went bang yesterday, grinding sound and kickstarter jammed down (as I was riding along).

Wheeled it to my local shop, they lent me an old Honda Dream.

Went back today, it was fixed, 100bht.

Not expensive IMHO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Everyone is here for the prostitutes , but no one ever goes with prostitues

I do, and not only in Thailand, I travel to the Philippines and Vietnam to find them as well.

My wife doesn't mind and it gets my 90 day VISA jumps done.

I'm a Romance traveller.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I do, and not only in Thailand, I travel to the Philippines and Vietnam to find them as well.

My wife doesn't mind and it gets my 90 day VISA jumps done.

I'm a Romance traveller.

Seriously?