ATM fee using USA Debit card: need info

First time user of my USA Schwab Debit card at local Bangkok Bank ATM.  Was actually only testing the PIN code as i often forget these things. So i entered the PIN and it was accepted and i requested 1000 TH Baht. Then was informed that the Bangkok Bank would slam me with a 200 TH Baht fee for the transaction: do i wish to accept or cancel?  I accepted and got my cash.

Now my Q is simply, is this Bangkok Bank fee always in place when i use the USA Debit card and is the fee always 220 baht, regardless of withdrawal amount ??

Almost all "Visa/Mastercard/UnionPay foreign cards" are charged a Bt150 to Bt220 fee in Thai ATMs...most charge the Bt220 fee.  AmEx card usually excapes with a Bt50 fee.  About a gazillion posts on ThaiVisa over the years about this high/rip off fee.  Just the way it is in Thailand.

Yes, the fee applies for any amount you withdraw...from 100 baht to 30,000 baht since Thai ATMs issue a max of 30K per withdrawal...such as Krungsri and TMB ATMs that issue a max of Bt30K (30 notes).  But other Thai bank ATMs have a max of Bt20K to Bt25K.  Unless something has changed Bangkok Bank ATMs issue a max of Bt25K per withdrawal (it's really a max of "25 notes" per tranactions be it 100 baht notes of 1000 baht notes...25 one thousand baht notes equals Bt25K)

Schwab reimburses ATM fees at the end of your monthly statement cycle.

Edited by Pib

Great.  I'll check my Schwab account in June and find out the whole story.  Living here 9 months a year and usually use the Bangkok Bank USA service to get cash but they also suck off some money so maybe the debit card will be in my future.