4 killed, two injured in Pattaya car crash

webfact

4 killed, two injured in Pattaya car crash

By The Nation

ahcibg78e6fa9eheaadg7.jpg

Three men and a teenage boy have been killed and two others badly injured when their speeding car hit a bus stop before crashing into a concrete wall in Pattaya.

Police said the accident happened at 9:30pm on Sunday in Moo 2 village in Tambon Na Klua, Bang Lamung district.

The Suzuki Swift car with six people inside hit a bus stop before careering into the wall in front of the B23 Apartment building.

The impact sent two men flying through the windscreen and rescuers of the Sawang Buriboon Thamma Sathan Foundation had to use ironcutters to free the four trapped inside the car.

dg8ga5j6eb5hecjcfakbf.jpg

Four of the six succumbed to their injuries before rescuers could get them to hospital.

Three of the killed were named by police: they were the driver, Ampol Thawanorn, 28, plus Phayu Thawanorn, 15, and Thanwa Kanha, 19.

The fourth has yet to be identified.

One of the injured was named as Weerayut Thawanorn, 23 and the other has yet to be identified.

Police have yet to check footage from security cameras in the area and from the car’s dashcam to determine the cause of the accident.

Relatives rushed to Bang Lamung Hospital to identify the deceased.

They said Ampol had had an argument with his wife so he was taking his brothers and friends out for a night on the town in Pattaya.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30345325

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-05-14

32 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

6 in a car designed for 5 and no seat belts for the 2 that were thrown threw the windscreen.  Police say they are examining the dash cam for the cause of the accident !!!!   Amassing Thailand.  Perhaps an autopsy on the the driver could provide an insight as to the cause also perhaps !! Still just another day on the roads here. 

they dont do FULL autopsys here....they guess and my guess is SUICIDE !!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

6 in a car designed for 5 and no seat belts for the 2 that were thrown threw the windscreen.  Police say they are examining the dash cam for the cause of the accident !!!!   Amassing Thailand.  Perhaps an autopsy on the the driver could provide an insight as to the cause also perhaps !! Still just another day on the roads here. 

just like motorbikes designed for two and we all see 4 or five people plus the family dog on them!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Police have yet to check footage from security cameras in the area and from the car’s dashcam to determine the cause of the accident.

Relatives rushed to Bang Lamung Hospital to identify the deceased.

They said Ampol had had an argument with his wife so he was taking his brothers and friends out for a night on the town in Pattaya.

Probably drunk and high speed driving 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I insist - SERIOUSLY - seat belts for all car passengers, and good helmets on the motorbikes.  And only TWO on a bike.  

I also believe that Santa Claus and Moomin trolls really exist.

Well to be honest it is probably a good thing it happened on the way out for a night on the town rather than on the way back, he could have taken out a whole lot more people after a few bevvies.

Edited by Golden Triangle
  • Like 1

' I have had an arguement with 'er indoors so come on you lot lets go out and get pi$$ed , I have had a big loss of face so I will be driving fast , anyone gets in my way I don't care '

And they still go out with him .

Cause of accident  , er , the driver.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Just stand on any corner for a while and count how many people are not wearing seatbelts, how many kids are loose in the back seats and jumping about all over the place, or sitting on the laps of people in the front seats, including the drivers lap !

Wife's family never use seatbelts unless they are in my car.  Even then they don't want to but i tell them they are not going anywhere with me if they don't wear them.

Actually did just that. Had a beer at a little bar at the corner South Pattaya Road and #3 Road across from Tonys Gym. It was 5pm Thursday and I timed out ten minutes. There were 218 various infractions, mostly helmets. In that ten minute span there was not even one light change that at least 2 vehicles ran the red light. Several times there were up to five running the light after it changed. There were many more, it was happening too fast to accurately keep up with it. That is 1300 per hour at a typical low speed intersection. If I did the same in Florida I might observe 5 in an hour due to cameras and hefty fines. One has a 350% greater chance of getting killed on the roads in LOS than USA. For a M/C the odds grow to over 12 times greater than the USA. People here wont wear a helmet but will wear a mask to stay safe from germs ?????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cookieqw said:

accidents happen the world over but most countries have regulations on road use that are strictly enforced, not sure if that is the case here.

gives people the freedom to die though

Don't you mean freedom to kill. This moron killed himself and 4 others and possibly 2 more. Blatant lack of law enforcement in reality makes the police accessories to the carnage. Shameful.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LennyW said:

Is this supposed to be some form of excuse???

Obviously not.  It was an explanation of something that happened before the accident that may have had a bearing on it.

Edited by Just Weird

4 hours ago, Jen65 said:

no chance of surviving an accident in a Suzuki - made of papier mache!!  I expect speeding and alcohol  to be the cause .

Garbage.  Swifts have either a 3 or 4 star NCAP safety rating, depending on the specification, that's as good as, and better than, many others.

From https://uk.motor1.com/news/147092/suzuki-swift-ncap-safety-rating/...

Suzuki’s new Swift supermini has been awarded a three-star safety rating by Euro NCAP - unless you pay for extra kit, which earns it an extra star...

...If you opt for the radar brake support pack (price to be confirmed), this increases to 44%, giving the Swift an overall four out of five stars for safety. 

...the Swift generally performs well, achieving 83% in the adult occupancy test as standard and 75% for child occupants. NCAP has awarded the Swift 69% in pedestrian safety tests.

From http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-advice/112490/euro-ncap-how-safe-my-car...

"...5 stars - Overall good performance in crash protection. Well equipped with robust crash protection.

4 stars - Overall good performance in crash protection. Additional crash avoidance technology may be present.
3 stars - Average to good occupant protection. Lacking crash avoidance technology.
2 stars - Nominal crash protection, but lacking crash avoidance technology.
1 star - Marginal crash protection.

Eek – my car only scored three out of five!

There's no need to panic. Modern cars are generally very safe, and a three-star car built in the past few years could be much better at protecting its occupants than a five-star car from the nineties.

In addition, a car can be marked down for design aspects other than simple crash protection and body strength. For example, a new model might lose points if it lacks a seatbelt warning alarm.

Realistically, the difference between a three-star and a five-star car won't necessarily protect you in an accident...".

Edited by Just Weird

If Pattaya police ventured out after dark; if motor bike patrols were in evidence; they would see all manner of life threatening driving and perhaps be able to deter some of these brainless, irresponsible idiots who threaten the lives of innocents on an hourly basis.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

You don't know me or my family, so all you're doing is blowing hot air out your little brown hole. 

No need for that mate. smtsetup was only trying to say that MOST Thais will never use seatbelts or helmets.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Well to be honest it is probably a good thing it happened on the way out for a night on the town rather than on the way back, he could have taken out a whole lot more people after a few bevvies.

It appears a good thing that no other vehicles were involved or pedestrians were injured, as I suspect some seriously reckless driving here. 

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Garbage.  Swifts have either a 3 or 4 star NCAP safety rating, depending on the specification, that's as good as, and better than, many others.

From https://uk.motor1.com/news/147092/suzuki-swift-ncap-safety-rating/...

Suzuki’s new Swift supermini has been awarded a three-star safety rating by Euro NCAP - unless you pay for extra kit, which earns it an extra star...

...If you opt for the radar brake support pack (price to be confirmed), this increases to 44%, giving the Swift an overall four out of five stars for safety. 

...the Swift generally performs well, achieving 83% in the adult occupancy test as standard and 75% for child occupants. NCAP has awarded the Swift 69% in pedestrian safety tests.

From http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-advice/112490/euro-ncap-how-safe-my-car...

"...5 stars - Overall good performance in crash protection. Well equipped with robust crash protection.

4 stars - Overall good performance in crash protection. Additional crash avoidance technology may be present.
3 stars - Average to good occupant protection. Lacking crash avoidance technology.
2 stars - Nominal crash protection, but lacking crash avoidance technology.
1 star - Marginal crash protection.

Eek – my car only scored three out of five!

There's no need to panic. Modern cars are generally very safe, and a three-star car built in the past few years could be much better at protecting its occupants than a five-star car from the nineties.

In addition, a car can be marked down for design aspects other than simple crash protection and body strength. For example, a new model might lose points if it lacks a seatbelt warning alarm.

Realistically, the difference between a three-star and a five-star car won't necessarily protect you in an accident...".

In this case 10 stars it would still have ended up a coffin