Thai husband refusing to divorce

The legal way is the only way but maybe should be asking for recmmoend lawyers 

somethings just don’t seem right about the story though

if the girl your with doesn’t want to do to police or lawyer then there is something definatly wrong 

unless she like being beaten by yaabaa addicts and threaten and extorted 

On 5/16/2018 at 9:06 AM, cornishcarlos said:

I have no advice to give with respect to the divorce proceedings, however, I really hope you are staying out of sight in this case ??

Don't get involved if you have any choice, it's only gonna end in tears...

she sounds like a class act. you sleep with dogs you catch flees as they say.

On 5/17/2018 at 3:04 AM, Alex Simmonds said:

I only found out a week ago about the registered marriage and him beating her. If I had facebook I would have known from the start.

I also have no intention of marrying her - I was just looking for advice on her helping her, and was interested if the process of divorce was easier/cheaper if it's a thai on thai marriage.

Anyway he's agreed to do it for free now as long as he has custody to see the kid every few months - who lives with her parents, 150km from we are.

People are right about her being too much baggage, I will probably look elsewhere.

+ no, i'm not going to 'go home' just because of this.

Alex, I applaud you for answering our posts, I would venture 65% of the posters on the forum never come back to answer the suggestions - good or bad - some of our reply's ca be brutal, a good portion from people that  have been here 10,20,30,40 years and have seen it all.   Good luck and enjoy Thailand, I have ben associated with this country since 1969.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2018 at 10:01 AM, MaeJoMTB said:

Don't get involved.

Don't spend your money.

What use is her divorce to you?

Just as likely she is trying to scam some money off you, it could all be a setup.

Attention TV posters.  MTB is a very cynical person.   OH,  and besides that he is right most of the time !

When you get involved in a situation ( and there are more than a few types)...where there is conflict, you are entering into the twilight zone.  Can i trust my girl, what should i do about her family,  how much money should i "help",  what do i do about her crazy ex.......YEP,  if you want excitement just go down that path.

If you want peace of mind, RUN the other way.  

• Like 1

On 5/16/2018 at 9:00 AM, Alex Simmonds said:

Girl I’m with is trying to get a divorce from her ex, who is asking for 20k baht to do it.

well,  re-reading this i have my doubts.   "girl i'm with" .......hmmmmm

you know how to deal with her female charms ?  when she cries?   when she says you only good man she knows?   etc etc  

I looked in the Thai Dating Manual and Social Suicide Guide, and in regards to Thai general consensus about divorced women and especially Thai Single Mothers, that the general Thai attitude towards them & the advice given in the Thai Social and Dating manual says in no uncertain terms ~ "Damaged Goods, Do Not Except, Ruined ("Sia" ) is the word they use in Thai, which is like Milk that's been left out of the fridge for a week or more and turned into that yogurt bad smelling stuff you then flush down the toilet.

Section one, Sub Section One says that any foreigner who dates on a regular basis or marries a Thai Woman does automatically adopt the exact same social class level as the Thai Women he dates or marries. That is to say that all these foreigners who date or marry girls who have previously accepted amphetamine addicted, drunk ass low life low class dirty **** dudes, are not the most desirable of girls in a country that abounds with an abundance of beautiful, polite, well mannered good girls, why the **** would you want a skanky ex Yaba addict's wife as a partner, as the Yaba addict ex boyfriend surely has maintained a low personal health regiment & probably even lower sexual health regiment, and you now consequently, have a high risk of becoming biologically related to half of the sex and drug underworld in Thailand or even the World. What the Thai society asks me and really wants to know is why the Farang with the white skin and the travel budget, choose to scrape the bottom of the social barrel big Time. This is the question I get all the time (Tamai Ow Bub Nee) is why does the Farang come to Thailand and clean up the socio economic street garbage like Bar Girls with a third grade education, sure STD Transmission or even HIV risk, and then walk down the street deluding only themselves that they have some kind of trophy or desirable partner, when in fact they are in no uncertain terms committing social suicide & looking stupid. If it acts stupid, looks stupid and talks stupid, maybe it really is stupid. I, like the Thai's who ask me why the foreigner (with the travel budget) wants a girl like that, I also have no answer for that question. Is the problem that the foreigner doesn't have any travel budget anymore, and one of these "partners", "girlfriends" or "skanks" has already relieved the foreigner of the travel budget, & the Farang has become what they call "Farang Kinok". Whatever. Look my advise is that there are about 20 million, very nice, very good, very well mannered and beautiful Thai Ladies. Like Thai men say. "Why would you bother with a girl like that who accepts such a low social stature of the ex boyfriend in the first place". Why would you be "cleaning up" after a guy like that, with "his" ex girl who is the ex-lover of that kind of guy and existence. I would guess your judgment leaves something to be desired. Dump her and go find a good Thai girl, good looking, with a good job, good morals, good family, good habits as there are millions of good Thai girls. There is many, many more good Thai girls than bad ones. Forget this mess and go do better. Why are you accepting of that kind of girl anyway ? 

Try to resist all the hurt that's all around you, if you taste it, it will haunt you. You commit social suicide.

Edited by Manny
  • Haha 1

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, MaeJoMTB said:

I think I can explain this one.

Thai culture is different to western culture, one of the ladies once explained to me, once they had given a guy access, after they had broken up they would still allow access. As she said to me, "If I liked you enough to have sex with you once, why would I change my mind later?"

It makes sense to me anyway.

It is not Thai culture at all to behave like that. I thought you didn't speak to the locals?

3 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

It is not Thai culture at all to behave like that. I thought you didn't speak to the locals?

I did speak to the locals when I first learned Thai.

Then once I had real experience, I learned to longer interact socially.

Of course I have to speak with the local shopkeepers, but I keep that strictly business.

Best to move your wife away from her former lovers, unless you're prepared to share.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

7 hours ago, Manny said:

"Damaged Goods, Do Not Except, Ruined ("Sia" ) is the word they use in Thai, which is like Milk that's been left out of the fridge for a week or more and turned into that yogurt bad smelling stuff you then flush down the toilet.

I always understood 'sia' to mean 'broken'

9 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I did speak to the locals when I first learned Thai.

Then once I had real experience, I learned to longer interact socially.

Of course I have to speak with the local shopkeepers, but I keep that strictly business.

Best to move your wife away from her former lovers, unless you're prepared to share.

Only if she is a ho. Normal women don't act like that.

1 hour ago, Justfine said:

Only if she is a ho. Normal women don't act like that.

Define normal? 

Infidelity does not come with one type of people. I think most people would be unfaithful under the right circumstances and no risk at all! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Speak for your own "wife" , I have a good wife and mother for our kids, didn't pick her up in some sleazy bar and she has way better manners than the people you mix with apperently. 

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Define normal? 

Infidelity does not come with one type of people. I think most people would be unfaithful under the right circumstances and no risk at all! 

Work it out yourself

28 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Work it out yourself

I have tried my best to define normal, and many huge thinkers have done to during the time. And you have the dictonery version, wiki, and of course philosophers version. But pragmatically seen, it is what the average people do. 

So Thailand is ranked nr one in the world when it comes to infilidelity by 56%. Wouldnt you then say that would be the norm as normal then in Thailand? 

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2015/02/thailand-ranked-most-adulterous-country-in-the-world/#5s2FEWVlBd8O01HC.97

D8D2304A-7225-45D1-AEBA-BFCAAAC21025.jpeg

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

When you read that article and the statistic considering Thai women, it is outragious. 

I would not copy paste so much from it, but it should make all of us who have thai woman a bit nervous considering these article with data from Durex. 

I have only one thing to say, Im not getting married with a thai lady again ? No way 

• 2 weeks later...

Contested Divorce

Common Questions

Who may obtain this type of thai divorce?

Couples who registered their divorce in Thailand may file for contested divorce if:

• One party has a ground to divorce the other spouse and the latter is unwilling to sever the marriage hence it is contested;
  • There are issues on marital property sharing and child custody, and the issues cannot be settled amicably between the parties.

Is marriage not registered in thailand can file for this?

As a general rule, no. However, couples who did not register their marriage may request the Thai courts to assume jurisdiction over their divorce on the basis of important considerations, like:

1. One party is a Thai national; or
  2. One or both parties have resided or worked in Thailand for a considerable period of time.

What are the grounds for divorce?

The Thai Civil and Commercial Code provides for the following grounds for divorce:

1. The husband has taken another woman as his wife;
  2. The wife has committed adultery;
  3. One party is guilty of misconduct;
  4. One spouse has seriously harmed the body or mind of the other;
  5. One spouse has seriously insulted the other spouse or his/her ascendants;
  6. One spouse has deserted the other for more than a year;
  7. One spouse has been imprisoned for more than a year;
  8. The spouses have voluntarily lived separately for more than three years;
  9. The spouses have lived separately for more than three years;
  10. One spouse has disappeared for more than three years;
  11. One spouse has failed to give proper maintenance or support;
  12. One spouse has been suffering from insanity for at least three years;
  13. One spouse has broken the bond of good behavior;
  14. One spouse is suffering from a communicable and dangerous disease;
  15. One spouse has a physical disadvantage.