Need new laser printers. HP or Brother?

elektrified

Our HP laser printers are 10 years old now and are needing maintenance frequently. We've decided to just go ahead and buy new ones at this point. Going back many decades, I've always had HP laser printers and they always last 10 years or more and seldom ever go down. I started to shop around yesterday and find that BROTHER is highly regarded as well.

We don't push our printers too hard and speed, etc. is not really a concern. Dependability and low maintenance costs are the main concern.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

I'm actually entertaining the idea of Samsung laser printers as well. We own many Samsung products and are thoroughly satisfied with them all. They are extremely dependable. The specifications overall are better than both HP and Brother.

Samsung is ok and have a good price for value.

If you want a proper Workhorse for many years, then go with Lexmark.

HP is not to far behind Lexmark when you go for the professional Range.

Brother are ok but never was a big fan of them because the spare-part situation was even in middle Europe sometimes tricky.

Only my opinion:

If you don't use the printer at least 3-4 times a week or have to print photos, stay away from ink-jets because in the hot climate here the heads dry out very quickly.

I always prefer laser printers because i don't print any photos and i don't need it very often.

I have had a Brother DCP1510 for 3 or 4 years, don't use it much, never replaced the cartridge yet, but it still works faultlessly every time. I think it was around 3000 baht.