Monk survives pit bull onslaught

snoop1130

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

escaped death after being mauled by nearly 10 pit bulls

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

first chased by one pit bull and, as he backed away and fell down, 5-6 other pit bulls attacked him.

I think there is a bit of exaggeration occurring here... Probably a couple of mixed breed with fat heads !!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I think there is a bit of exaggeration occurring here... Probably a couple of mixed breed with fat heads !!

Ya reckon? Lol... well you can't have it both ways if "pitbulls" are aggressive towards everything under the sun how the <deleted> could you have a pack of them? There would only be one left after a few hours if you believe the hype. More dangerous than a great white, greater bite force than an alligator the only dog on planet earth that can lock it's jaws and never let go.

Edited by starky

Fact. The first ever face transplant was carried out on a woman who had it ripped off by a dog. The breed of that said dog was......... , yes you guessed wrong, it was a Labrador. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

1 hour ago, starky said:

Thanks for that . First reasonable comment. Easy to stir up a shit storm with those magic words in a dog attack story. I too would love to see the photos

2015-09-09-1441826812-4655468-journalistpitbull (1).jpg

I wonder how many could pick the pit-bull....................:whistling:

5afd198437b17_CanyoupickthePitBull.jpg.8da796ed35540ac32715794b3b9e4749.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Biting the hands that feed them! Probably a little karma involved. This morning food grab feeds the monks and the rest go to local dogs in most areas as the owners refuse to feed them. Not one of my nighbours feeds there dogs. Not one! Its the fake drug addict, logging monks that own houses and cars, etc that are also neighbours to do so. Its really pathetic. These people arent fit to take care of themselves let alone a dog.

9 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

I wonder how many could pick the pit-bull....................:whistling:

5afd198437b17_CanyoupickthePitBull.jpg.8da796ed35540ac32715794b3b9e4749.jpg

Well I won't get into it cos this has always been the problem with "pitbull" attack "stats" when you take the media hype and the fact that most people wouldn't know a pitbull from a poodle or think that every dog with short hair and a big head is a pitty, it is pathetically easy for ignorance to reign. But number 7 for sure seeing as you asked :thumbsup: been breeding them since the 90's. 6 is an eachway bet and I know the APBT very well but I wouldn't put the house on it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I am a "guest" in this country?

My Visa says otherwise.
I just got an extension for 1 year, and this was only because I could prove to have 800K Bath in my Bank account or an income of 65K Bath and certified by my Embassy.

I don't know about you, but I use to thread my guests in a different and more friendly way.     

You are still a guest and Thailand is a nice country 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Not at all. The problem lies with bad treatment and/or neglect by the owners. In fact, when I suffered a personal tragedy, I had dogs following me everywhere. They could sense my pain. Dogs are good animals who love  - soft voice tones, getting scratched, and special snacks.

Akitas were used in Ancient Japan to hunt bears, and just like pit bulls, if you treat them good - they become loyal friends.

Cheers

I was being a smarty sorry if the sarcasm didn't shine through. I agree 100%

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes I was watching the 'soft in the head' owner claim the dogs were all loving and would never bite anyone on TV last night. The monk must have bit himself 50 times.

Every one of these dangerous animals needs to be destroyed, and the owner banned from keeping dogs! 

Looking at the picture of the monk on the bed, it's hard for me to 'place' not 50 (fifty) bite marks but 10 under that surface of gauze, probably underneath his robe then, ...or a bit of exaggeration, maybe like the ten pitbulls...?

(N.B.: IMO, every bite is one too much, and, like with many other things, most Thais act totally irresponsibly in the way the (do not) control their dogs, and any dog having bitten a person without provocation should automatically be euthanised, but this story to me sounds as 'fantastic' as one with knights fighting dragons...)

6 hours ago, faraday said:

10 Pitbulls..... nope, he would have been killed.

Not far from reality. In Pattaya I saw 2 pit bulls acting as a team on a soi dog (that looked pretty capable himself).... vicious. The soi dog was dripping blood and licking his wounds under a vehicle later.  

This type of breed of dog are not to be allowed to roam...!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Confuscious said:

When I came to live in Thailand, I rent a house and mind to do my own business whilst in the mean time respecting other people.
Just like I was brought up by my parents.

Every morning, a group of monks passed my gate, hold their pace a few minutes, and continued their "begging" round.
But they were not pleased that I was not giving anything to a beggar.
(i don't want to discuss where is the difference between a beggar for religion and a beggar for personal need.)

A month later, a layman who was joining the monks in their "mindful doing", was ordered by the head monk to ring the bell at my gate.

I came out with my gf to see who was ringing and the head monk started to shout to my gf that we were not good Buddhists and we did not care for Buddhism because we didn't gave anything to the monks.

A monk "mindful doing his morning begging round"?
He should have learned the teaching of Buddha before starting to shout at my gate.

Monks trigger you eh?

You should sleep later or maybe get a pitbull and train it to bark at monks not walking mindfully or their non-monk minders.  Or train the dog to recognize only real Buddhists and not Thai begger type monks! 

But in my reply I ranted about soi dogs and undisciplined dogs, not monks.

As for me, mosques with loudspeakers trigger me.  Why Muslims got to be so frgging deaf?  Just sent your faithful a text 5 times a day.  It's 2018 ain't it?

Edited by Juan B Tong

...doubt it was only the second time...

...and the 'car painter' calls the shots in the community....???

...like someone else asked....'What does he need 10 dogs for?'.....

....and nobody is even suspicious...???

...jeez...!!!

4 hours ago, Juan B Tong said:

As for me, mosques with loudspeakers trigger me.

Not  unusual from the local Wats either... and they start at 4am and go on for a good amount of time.

Mind you, after a boozy night out in Abu Dhabi and sleeping at my friend's place the nearby minaret speaker , nearly in the room was quite a fright at dawn..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Juan B Tong said:

As for me, mosques with loudspeakers trigger me.  Why Muslims got to be so frgging deaf?  Just sent your faithful a text 5 times a day.  It's 2018 ain't it?

Tell that to the temple next to my house.
I have no "Mosque" with loudspeakers annoying me every day like you have.

But I have a monk hammering at a bell at 4'o clock in the morning for about 5 minutes.
Just to make sure I wake up.

And when I try to get back to sleep, the PA in the street play the National Hymn and then an old lady start to read the daily news.

But luckely, they haven't succeeded yet to "trigger" me.
Although, that my happen 1 day ....

On 5/17/2018 at 7:48 AM, jacko45k said:

Yes I was watching the 'soft in the head' owner claim the dogs were all loving and would never bite anyone on TV last night. The monk must have bit himself 50 times.

Every one of these dangerous animals needs to be destroyed, and the owner banned from keeping dogs! 

You obviously know nothing about Pit Bulls mate. If they were indeed Pit Bulls in this sensationalised story? From 5-6 dogs it shot up to 10. If 10 of any kind of dog had attacked that monk I'm sure he'd look worse than he does in the OP picture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rally123 said:

You obviously know nothing about Pit Bulls mate. If they were indeed Pit Bulls in this sensationalised story? From 5-6 dogs it shot up to 10. If 10 of any kind of dog had attacked that monk I'm sure he'd look worse than he does in the OP picture.

As I also said in another post, I have seen them in action, and yes would expect more damage from such a number.

So are you suggesting the monk is lying? Not sure what your point is. 

That said I have had a pack of dogs  get aggressive with me here but came away unscathed, but I would have classified it as an 'attack'....

10 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Tell that to the temple next to my house.
I have no "Mosque" with loudspeakers annoying me every day like you have.

But I have a monk hammering at a bell at 4'o clock in the morning for about 5 minutes.
Just to make sure I wake up.

And when I try to get back to sleep, the PA in the street play the National Hymn and then an old lady start to read the daily news.

But luckely, they haven't succeeded yet to "trigger" me.
Although, that my happen 1 day ....

Yes, Religions and so called non religions,   just can't,   keep to themselves to themselves.

They keep trying to infect the normal people of this planet at every opportunity.

its no wonder, that they start all the wars. :bah:

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stanleycoin said:

Yes, Religions and so called non religions,   just can't,   keep to themselves to themselves.

They keep trying to infect the normal people of this planet at every opportunity.

its no wonder, that they start all the wars. :bah:

You took the words out of my mouth.

23 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Now if it had been a dyslexic Christian, the appropriate hymn would be: Nearer My Dog To Thee.

Or perhaps, Abite With Me.

How Great Thou Bark...
All Things Bite And Beautiful...
O For A Thousand Tails To Wag... 
Mine Eyes Have Seen The Gory...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:18 PM, snoop1130 said:

This was the second time the dogs had escaped. The first time was two weeks ago, Direk said, adding he would ask Saman to keep his pet dogs in kennels to prevent the re-occurrence

That's 2 times too many. Time for them to meet their maker was the first time they escaped.

Unless the guy is breeding them, why would anyone have so many vicious dogs? No need to answer, as we probably know the answer.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

How Great Thou Bark...
All Things Bite And Beautiful...
O For A Thousand Tails To Wag... 
Mine Eyes Have Seen The Gory...

You're on my wavelength with those - cheers!

Btw, that's how we know god is a man - because we sing hymns, not hers.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

This type of breed of dog are not to be allowed to roam...!

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Not sure what your point is. 

The point is they were not allowed to roam. The dogs escaped from their secure enclosure. And it is already illegal, in Thailand, for a Pit Bull to be out without being leashed. Don't blame the dog, blame the owner.

''Owners of these controlled dogs, like other pet dogs, are required to register their pets with the city's local district office,'' said the veterinarian. ''The law requires that the dogs must always be on a strong leash and muzzled when in public areas.'' 

A pitbull attack? I don't believe it. Pitbulls are the most peaceful, non-aggressive dogs out there. I think in fact their teeth are made of cotton candy and they were just trying give the monk an overdose of sweetness or some such crap.

Edited by Norrad
  • Like 1

I thought one problem with dangerous dog legislation is it is almost impossible to identify Pitbulls. That even experts considered 'credible' by the justice system couldn't identify the breed 100% of the time. So many cases have been overturned in the courts due to the authorities originally incorrectly identifying the dog as a Pitbull.

Especially Thai. Every time I pull up in the servo with my Fila in the seat next to me, the 8 or so workers all say it is a Pitbull and it will kill us if we get too close. Even a breed a couple times bigger than a Pitbull  with completely different breeds mixed in (Bloodhound ears) is identified as a Pitbull by people who love a good bashing story by the media. 

Edited by wildewillie89