Ignore list

jerry921

For a given poster, is there a way for non-admins to see how many people have that person on their ignore list?

Honestly, there are a couple real jerks on this forum that deserve worse than being mass-ignored. There ought to be a limit on the number of different normal people you can offend before you get banned, (distinct from the limit of 1 moderator). As a non-moderator, I don't expect my personal vote to count for much, but if enough members give somebody a badge of ultimate assholery, I feel it should mean something.

Just one. Plus another that's trying real hard to piss everyone off on another thread who will soon be added, and who motivated this thread. I've been on the board a long time, and there were four or five on my list from years ago that I purged a couple months back. It appeared to me like most of them hadn't posted in five years, so I cleaned up my list. Since I've forgotten why they were there, I figured I might as well forgive.

And I wouldn't be entirely shocked to find I'm on more than one or two lists myself. But I think anybody who graces the ignore list of, say, 25 members, should have a hard look taken at their overall desirability as a TV member by the mods. IMHO of course. I don't know if there even is such a person, but I suspect so.

On 17/05/2018 at 7:55 PM, jerry921 said:

For a given poster, is there a way for non-admins to see how many people have that person on their ignore list?...

There isn't.

1 hour ago, tropo said:

My theory is that many banned members come back reincarnated with new IP's. There's a lot of trolls that have recent signups but post prolifically, mostly one-liners, designed to piss everyone off. Due to the age of the forum, this becomes more and more common. I find myself having to ignore more and more often these days.

I wish they're do something about getting notifications from ignored members. You always get notifications that they have posted or replied on threads you're subscribed to.

Agreed 100%.

1 minute ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

I don't know what an ignore list is but have been banned numerous times...

Hover over the member's name and you'll see an "ignore user" option. That will add the member to your personal ignore list. Try it - it can make your forum time far more pleasant.