SURVEY: The Royal Wedding -- did you watch or not?

Scott

SURVEY: The Royal Wedding -- did you watch or not?  

295 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

No did not watch,but the wife was very interested in it ,

has Ladbrokes started taking bets on how long it will

last yet .....

regards worgeordie

They are waiting to speak to Charles before they lay the book. 

2 hours ago, Scott said:

I watched it.   I enjoyed the pageantry.   The world watched the boys grow up.   It's nice to see Harry happy. 

It is not even that,the trees,the grass,the parks,the people,its a matter of time before they split up  for sure,but yes the sheer majesty of it all,tremendous

• Sad 1

I have no interest in something which is completely irrelevant to Australia. I do have an interest in what the Australian taxpayer has to fork out for the junkets they come on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

The I Will, instead of the I Do, the 900 pound gorilla in the room being that a british royal marries a person of a mix color, the 14 minutes bewildering sermon of the US bishop to say that Chicago and Windsor are now the same....

Too true,A heap of ridicule coming their way,a whole heap of it.  Race relations will be taking a harder than hard knock over this one,just brings segregation more into the open

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I have no interest in something which is completely irrelevant to Australia. I do have an interest in what the Australian taxpayer has to fork out for the junkets they come on.

Substitute "Australia" for Canada as well!

Put Terry Fox or Wayne Gretzky on our money instead.

Edited by duanebigsby

2 hours ago, lanista said:

I didnt know they were getting married till i saw a news bite yesterday arvo  but i had an early night so tragically missed it.

I bet the UK government  had that Russian  dissident released from Salisbury hospital  to coincide with the wedding. Great distraction.

Bo Jo and May basically lied through their corroded teeth .

Where's the Russian now?

No, they appointed 19 new peers to the House of Lords undercover 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

And this is bad?

No NanLaew its not. Positive discrimination in any workplace is wrong,especially when it comes to making numbers up,and moreso when covering up for their mistakes,just comes down to carrying a burden that is unwelcome and costly

Segregation is the only way for tolerance,it will come ,it will happen

Watched it askance. The royals serve a useful purpose and I support the institution out of historical sentiment, but they should know that they are human museum pieces and their lives are quite artificial.

Some nice moments in the ceremony managed to touch even me, and Windsor looked great under the blue sky. Went there last year with the vahine on a similar spring day - she loved it.

My residing impression though is of the crowd in the park (some of whom had been waiting there two days) held back behind two fences plus a shoulder-to-shoulder police line - that looked really bad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

No NanLaew its not. Positive discrimination in any workplace is wrong,especially when it comes to making numbers up,and moreso when covering up for their mistakes,just comes down to carrying a burden that is unwelcome and costly

Segregation is the only way for tolerance,it will come ,it will happen

Segregation is the opposite of tolerance.

Back to the washrooms, buses, schools, restaurants segregated by colour?

Are you mad?

It came, it happened, and it was defeated sixty years ago

• Like 1

Years ago I would have looked with pleasure, but with all that happens lately all this misery that increases the immigrants all over Europe these terrorist attacks idem, I find these enormous expenses and such luxury unpacking has become indecent. I do not claim to be right or convince anyone, it  instinctively my opinion dare I say:coffee1:

5 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Segregation is the opposite of tolerance.

Back to the washrooms, buses, schools, restaurants segregated by colour?

Are you mad?

It came, it happened, and it was defeated sixty years ago

The UK is a multicultural state,not a multicultural society,it is happening right now,except in name only.

43 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

All this baloney about the changing Royal Family just because they had a black guy preaching a few celebs. No doubt they will be popping up on Children in Need soon telling everyone how they should part with their hard earned cash and the newlyweds will be jetting around Africa showing how much they care. 

£250,000 for a dress and countless millions wasted on self indulgence and not even a cheese sarni and a bottle of water on offer to the thousands of worshippers lining the streets. Even the Thais gave out food in BKK when the late king died. 

A real gesture of change would of been to have a low key small scale wedding and use the money for the good causes the bang on about. 

Total hypocrisy........and he even had to ask his mum what he could wear and if he could keep his beard. Outdated much? 

Total hypocrisy........and he even had to ask his mum what he could wear and if he could keep his beard. Outdated much? 

Do you know who his mum was and where she is?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

The UK is a multicultural state,not a multicultural society,it is happening right now,except in name only.

So are  you advocating segregation as policy, like South Africa under Apartheid or the south in 1950's  USA?

It sounds like this is what you are suggesting.

Edited by duanebigsby
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ratcatcher said:

I stand corrected. His Gran. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

All this baloney about the changing Royal Family just because they had a black guy preaching a few celebs. No doubt they will be popping up on Children in Need soon telling everyone how they should part with their hard earned cash and the newlyweds will be jetting around Africa showing how much they care. 

£250,000 for a dress and countless millions wasted on self indulgence and not even a cheese sarni and a bottle of water on offer to the thousands of worshippers lining the streets. Even the Thais gave out food in BKK when the late king died. 

A real gesture of change would of been to have a low key small scale wedding and use the money for the good causes the bang on about. 

• Like 1

Didn't see it live, but caught a bit on the news.  Interesting to see it was about item 8 or 9 on Asian news - an indication of how unimportant the UK has become in Asia.

And if I had an open ticket to marry any TV personality - I'd go for Ya Ya or Chompoo - which probably explains why I don't live in the US.

2 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

So are  you advocating segregation as policy, like South Africa under Apartheid or the south in 1950's  USA?

It sounds like this is what you are suggesting.

This comment of yours must come with realisation to many,many people you do not know what you are babbling about.  Just when SA is mentioned,look at it now,laughing stock,apartheid plus plus,right now,corruption right from their toe nails up,   segregation,the only way to go