Old thai guy not happy with me and my dog

ghworker2010

We moved to a new city recently and rented a building in which we are living. There are not many places to walk my dog apart from one street close by that has land for sale on one side and other areas as well. 

When I first started walking my boy there (twice a day) one old guy didn't look too happy. His wife was all smiling at me but the old man looked so serious. He has 3 dogs of his own which my dog is trying to get along with. 

The other day my dog was off the lead and walked into the huge vacant land opposite his house. He gave me this look of disgust. Admittedly it could be his land and if it is then Im in the wrong. 

We are away for a few days at the moment and the dog walker told us that the old guy says we should not let our dog walk on the area of land in question. He says we should pick up any poo with garbage bag. 

I hate being told what to do, but for the sake of our business I assume I have to let go of my ego and play the game so as to not make enemies with the locals. When we get back should I be taking the wife to have a friendly chat with this guy? 

• Haha 1

let this be a lesson , dont complain about anything on this forum,

just praise the street dogs , the friendly people , the clean beaches, the good politicians ,the mild climat , the perfect builders, the perfect wives , ........and the smooth flowing save traffic .........if not , go back to your country !

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, lucjoker said:

just praise the street dogs , the friendly people , the clean beaches, the good politicians ,the mild climat , the perfect builders, the perfect wives , ........and the smooth flowing save traffic .........if not , go back to your country !

Complaining about anything "on this forum" is unconsciousness or masochism :tongue:

• Haha 2

We have a few dogs in the village one day the guys spraying for mosquitoes came by and while in our yard went across and stood

under a tree where most of been the boss was standing.

He spoke some English and had a nice conversation. He said that brown dog of yours is bad and got in my chickens so I shot and killed him. 

The dog dog he was taking about may have been crazy stalking anything that moves. Feel sorry for the dog but he brought on his own fate. 

• Like 1

Your dog, your poo, you clean.....simple !

As for the old thai grouch, probably he has nothing against dogs, but maybe plainly does not like farangs ? 

Ignore the chap and be a responsabile owner and don't give him the slightest excuse to pick on you.

Im just getting my head around that there is a vacant block of land not already overgrown with weeds and strewn with garbage?  Come out pattaya way you could play hide and seek with your dog on these vacant lots.

6 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Count yourself lucky he has no objection to you walking your dog there as long as you clean up after him. When I first saw the title I thought the neighbor was objecting to your having a dog altogether. Instead it appears he just wants you to do what any responsible dog owner in a city or town should do.

It is required by law in many countries.

You can buy convenient device for this online at Lazada  https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=pooper+scooper&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.search.go.45a01913H7FRqm

Yes

In Australia they will fine you for not carrying some sort of poop scooper, wether your dog does its business or not you must carry something to clean it up just in case

Well that's how it is in Queensland anyway

• Like 1