pay once and then pay again?

zoza

13 hours ago, observer90210 said:

I have been conned and cheated by the PC repair centres and on buying PC's,  many times, in different places in the world. (ok I must be a bit more stupid etc. etc) :cheesy:

I closed the case in switching to Apple since 10 years now, always happy, the few technical issues always quickly solved with their outstanding customer support - no matter in which country.

after the apple warranty expires, their policies and practices are designed to screw you while extracting maximum money.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=apple+rants+rossman

2 hours ago, essox essox said:

go to Pattaya2u.....near big car park for Tutcom, south pattaya road.

They are the BEST around.

Or you could try Wattana opposite Foodland Pattaya Klang

Erm.... perhaps you too didn't read before posting ?

Or maybe it's just your subtle humour.

I'll be less subtle. I imagine that he did try Wattana....

20 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

Sorry but really your own fault, you did not say you wanted to know what was wrong at outset.

You did not tell them what you wanted saving and give them necessary passwords.

You did not check it was working when you collected it.

You went somewhere else to check it out and expected that for nothing?

You went at outset just anywhere without any recommendation and said fix it?

Laptops get old and brittle and sometimes  getting to the fault can cause more problems.  Fixing a screen issue requires often a major stripdown.

Another who didn't bother to read before posting? Wow... seems zoza is right.

23 hours ago, starky said:

Yes but people come here or expect expert work for what? Less than a tenth for what they would pay for it anywhere else in the world and then complain that Thais are lazy and have a shitty work ethic. You rock into the shit fight that is tuk com and go to some place that hasn't been highly recommended by (falang) people you know then when they ring just say fix it  without asking any questions then I would say,  you pretty much have no right of reply if the <deleted> your lappy because you really didn't care too much in the first place TIT after all.

If you are writing about unintelligible rants... then this one comes close.

One tenth? So you think the OP should have paid 35,000 baht to possibly just change a ribbon cable, instead of what seems  a still high 3500 baht for the job.

Next, reading between the lines, which you have clearly failed to do, the OP did not rock up to an unknown place, but a business that has even been recommended by someone on this very thread.

So it is a business that has been recommended by 'farangs..'. 

Perhaps because of that, the OP was lulled into a sense of false security.

As for the cost of a 'strip-down', the official ACER service centre in Chonburi does excellent work and for every "strip and fit new part" they have done for me, they have charged me 300 baht + V.A.T. and 400 baht + V.A.T.

3500 baht maybe what you would pay in the UK/USA with commensurately higher wages and costs for possibly a relatively simple job.

The fact that there is no detailed breakdown of what was done, leads me to to believe that he has been mugged twice.

Do you have a history with the OP? You seem to be attacking him for no other reason than making yourself look good. But you are just making yourself look bad.

Archived