I'll never do that again.

sipi

after 12 years in thailand, no 1 never beleive or trust any thing from a bar or happy house, no 2 listen to or beleive any thing about thailand and there lifes from pommy drunks in bars, no3 under no circumstances lend money or have business dealings with a thai, unless every dot  and t is crossed, other than that every thing is great

Will never again:

• Stay watching a pole dance unless there is clear and unmistakable evidence of camel toe.
  • Come home drunk on Leo and accept the offer from the student neighbours to sit with them drinking what they charmingly called "white whisky" (which for some reason was in a Lao Khao bottle), and proceed to entertain them with my 'seasoned' skill to be able to drink shorts straight (which I hadn't actually done since I was 18).
  • Presume that when a car pulls up to an intersection and waits, that they were actually looking for oncoming traffic before proceeding only when I'm 10 metres away on a scooter.
  • Freak out when the gasoline station is overrun by cows, hollering "why has nobody called the uh...whatever the department is called, uh, for when cows overrun a gasoline station?".
  • Trust an airport taxi when he sits in the cab to change my 1000 baht note while putting on his seat belt, and lets me lift my bag out of the boot/trunk and close it for him.
  • Believe my gf when she says she's going on a one week trip with the insurance company she's just joined, even when her phone stops answering immediately after, and I get a call from her best friend that she's getting married and I haven't been invited. (I'm a full timer here and that happened right under my nose).
  • Try to explain to the family of a friend when I lent them 20K to grow rice, and it became 120K, that it's impossible to only recover 20K of principal and there must be something wrong with the numbers.  I don't know how to say in Thai "you've just had yer kex put 'round yer ankles", and they were too polite to tell me.

Too many, could do pages like this, as I'm sure most of us could.

2 hours ago, smotherb said:

Beautiful, beautiful slant eyes,
I'll never love round eyes again

I guess you're well aware of the evolutionary aspects of the epicanthic fold.

2 hours ago, smotherb said:

I'll never love round eyes again

I guess you're well aware of the evolutionary aspects of the epicanthic fold.

Ask a Thai for directions using Google maps......after they scroll around for 5 minutes, they then zoom in and scroll for another 5 minutes without realising that the map is upside down, after another 5 minutes pass they give you the phone back and say "I don't know"

37 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Somewhat, I have an aunt with Zellweger syndrome.

Er - I was referring to the epicanthic fold as a beneficial mutation or evolution. Never mind, perhaps you were educated in one of those American states which prefers creationism BS to scientific evolution theory.

27 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Er - I was referring to the epicanthic fold as a beneficial mutation or evolution. Never mind, perhaps you were educated in one of those American states which prefers creationism BS to scientific evolution theory.

Er, ah-are your legs tired from jumping to so many conclusions. 

The epicanthic folds are pronounced with Zellweger syndrome. When my aunt was born, they jokingly chided my grandmother for having an affair with the Chinese laundryman. So, yes, I am somewhat familiar with it.  Some say it is an evolutionary adaptation as a sun visor for the tropics or arctic areas. 

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I’m guessing Zellweger Syndrome is a tendency to come up with outrageous explanations for the mundane, in the absence of any evidence of any sort.  I think you probably intended to post that on the Brexit thread, as some sort of admonishment.  It’s commoner than you think.

edit: is BS an abbreviation for biological sciences?

Edited by StreetCowboy

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Gosh, you're so clever.

:laugh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

Er, ah-are your legs tired from jumping to so many conclusions. 

The epicanthic folds are pronounced with Zellweger syndrome. When my aunt was born, they jokingly chided my grandmother for having an affair with the Chinese laundryman. So, yes, I am somewhat familiar with it.  Some say it is an evolutionary adaptation as a sun visor for the tropics or arctic areas. 

Originally, protection from snow blindness, which is why Eskimos have it. 

12 hours ago, Lacessit said:

12 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Not sure the Eskimos came first, but as I said, " . . . a sun visor for the tropics or arctic areas."  You see, snow blindness is caused by overexposure to the sun's rays.

13 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

I’m guessing Zellweger Syndrome is a tendency to come up with outrageous explanations for the mundane, in the absence of any evidence of any sort.  I think you probably intended to post that on the Brexit thread, as some sort of admonishment.  It’s commoner than you think.

edit: is BS an abbreviation for biological sciences?

Please read my response to Lacessit, post # 110. It may enlighten you.

Are you and Lacessit graduates of the same school--the University of Conclusion Jumping with a Concentration in Misinformation? My bachelor's degree is not in Biological Sciences, and neither are my two master's degrees nor is my doctorate. 

4 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Please read my response to Lacessit, post # 110. It may enlighten you.

Are you and Lacessit graduates of the same school--the University of Conclusion Jumping with a Concentration in Misinformation? My bachelor's degree is not in Biological Sciences, and neither are my two master's degrees nor is my doctorate. 

I can't believe that you have all those degrees and none of them is in Biological Sciences.  What have you been doing all that time?

What about a High School Diploma? GCSE? It seems strange that as learned a man as your good self would have no qualification in Biological Sciences.  Not even a post-graduate diploma or a vocational qualification from an Institute of Further Education or Training College?

I doubt any of your qualifications are in Banter either.  

5 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I can't believe that you have all those degrees and none of them is in Biological Sciences.  What have you been doing all that time?

What about a High School Diploma? GCSE? It seems strange that as learned a man as your good self would have no qualification in Biological Sciences.  Not even a post-graduate diploma or a vocational qualification from an Institute of Further Education or Training College?

I doubt any of your qualifications are in Banter either.  

You'll have to forgive me if I don't recognize your credentials to evaluate me.