What makes Thailand so unique?

webfact

26 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Indeed, still believing in the myth of the 'noble savage' - primitive, relatively unintelligent, dirty and with a limited life expectancy yet somehow dignified and spiritually advanced and actively practising Buddhism as Buddha intended. I saw that film as well.

And not looking for cheap sex or HIV at all.

image.png.e92da4f54cd00714bd68b9c48ad16ca4.png

42 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Hotels

Day tours

Massages

Food

Bgs

Water

Rent

Electricity

Buses

Planes

Trains

Ferries

That's 12

12 without even raising a sweat …..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

I always like the irony regarding the word Thai in the Thai language meaning free, but we seem to be increasingly all the time further away from Freeland than ever before. It's is "unique" in many ways but not even close to in the way TAT are trying to infer. Thailand peaked in it's positive uniqueness and hospitality in the 90s and early 2000s...all downhill really after 2005 ish.

People in 05 were complaining it was better 10 years prior and in 1995 they said 1985 was better.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

An opinion,.....very good. I am sorry for your disillusion, however, if you can manage to get away from the

tourist areas of the islands, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Pattaya etc, you may find that the pleasant Thailand still exists, albeit under the benevolent care of a junta.

Many on this forum live in areas far away from the pimps, prostitutes and paedofiles often found in the above mentioned areas, which act as a magnet for the "low - lifes" you mention..

Paradise isn't lost, it's just harder to find. I'm pleased you found a good wife.

Right; again, the usual Thai bashers ( you are never tired ? ). Go and live outside tourists places like me and others: Thailand is unique, yes, and I love it … with it's good and bad sides 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Dunkirk re-enactments on Pattaya beach every day by Chinese tourists is pretty unique. 

Those lucky Chinese b*st**ds. Had they amassed on that beach only 10 years earlier, they'd found themselves completely surrounded by Germans - and there wouldn't have been nearly enough boats from Koh Larn to evacuate even a quarter of them. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Misterwhisper said:

Those lucky Chinese b*st**ds. Had they amassed on that beach only 10 years earlier, they'd found themselves completely surrounded by Germans - and there wouldn't have been nearly enough boats from Koh Larn to evacuate even a quarter of them. 

Bull Sharks and Chang-fueled Vikings await them on the shores of Hua Hin.

image.png.0ae36df4196b37e3efef6f6695f87e56.png

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, KiwiKiwi said:

It's probably an age thing but I haven't used my dick for thinking with for such a long time. It's quite liberating really, the whole world is half full of men responding only to whichever hormone drives them to stick their dick in all sorts of dank places, and then there's me scoffing at the lot of them for being slaves to their perpetuation instincts. Even my dog can do that and he's a really stupid dog...

Did you cut it off?