Maximum km allowed between Toyota servicing intervals

sicky

I'd be grateful if anyone can confirm reliably what the allowable maximum distance (km) is, between servicing intervals, with Toyota in particular.  I seem to recall a long time ago I was informed that I needed to service the vehicle during the vehicle's warranty period, no later than 11,500km.  To be clear, the normal service interval is 10,000km.

However, if the vehicle is no longer under warranty, can the customer request the specific service to be carried out of his choosing, even after exceeding the km by a reasonable margin?  For example, if the vehicle's next service was due at 70,000km, is the customer still able to request the 70,000km service, at say 71,250 km?

Yes after the warranty period you can do whatever you want...the manufacturer takes no responsibility ..just service it at the recommended (or sooner) intervals until it goes "kaput"
Even then to "recondition" the engine is not too expensive...or just transplant another engine and carry on driving
(not sure if there is actually a "carry on driving" film )

"is the customer still able to request the 70,000km service, at say 71,250 km?"

A customer can request any type of service but you pay more for bigger services. If the car is running well a basic service is really all you need.

Many people service their own cars.

In modern rides there is little to do regarding service stuff and going a few thou km over after warranty is finished....Engine oil and filter is the only thing to worry about. If you put synthetic oil in l reckon you are covered anyhooo..:stoner: