Rubbish!!!!!

Australian Inland Taipan = dark in colour

Australian Eastern Brown Snake = dark in colour

Australian Tiger Snake = dark in colour

American Black Mamba = dark in colour

Death Adder = dark in colour

Rattle Snake = dark in colour

You had better go and study up on venomous snakes

American black mamba ? Think you mean African!

Talk about snakes. I just had this lill fellow in my kitchen. When I was extracting it, it actually jumped next to me and then crawled it's way out. 

Golden tree snake.

2-IMG_1128.JPG.ff7330987312538bbf57b4b507c9579e.JPG

14 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Shame you didn't get some better photos.. Clear head shots always help a lot.. !!

The way it's curled up, I would be more inclined to say a viper of some sort, or maybe a kukri ?

Thanks for that my Thai friends have said baby viper...

5 hours ago, chubby said:

remind me, not to leave bangkok

This is an article from November 2017:

BANGKOK — Panarat Chaiyaboon was using the toilet in her downstairs bathroom in July when she felt a sharp bite on her thigh. She jumped up to see a scene straight out of a nightmare: an 8-foot python emerging from her toilet.

She rushed to the hospital, bleeding heavily, and still bears the marks from eight tooth punctures that were around half an inch deep.

That snake was captured. But a week later, Ms. Panarat’s 15-year-old daughter found a second python in the same toilet. The daughter was so shaken, she went to stay with relatives.

It could be argued that snakes have always owned this corner of Thailand, and that the people of Bangkok are merely borrowing it from them. The main airport, Suvarnabhumi, was built in a place called Cobra Swamp, and the city itself took shape on the Chao Phraya River delta — a marshy reptile paradise.

But this year, the Bangkok Fire and Rescue Department, which removes snakes from homes, has been busier than ever.

As of Monday, the department had received 31,801 calls this year for help in removing snakes. That is more calls than for all of last year (29,919), and more than three times the number in 2012 (10,492).

On one recent day, the fire department received 173 snake invasion calls, versus five fire alarms. “There’s no way we could survive if there were more fires than snakes,” said Prayul Krongyos, the department’s deputy director.

27bangkok-snakes-1sub-superJumbo.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/27/2018 at 2:30 PM, J Town said:

Look for the pupils and number of "nose" holes (pits).

snakevenomous.jpg

Just look at the pictures and it's obvious: non-venomous snakes have a smiley face, venomous snakes have a more evil look to them ?

On 5/28/2018 at 4:25 PM, oilinki said:

Talk about snakes. I just had this lill fellow in my kitchen. When I was extracting it, it actually jumped next to me and then crawled it's way out.

Golden tree snake.

Beautiful, fast, harmless (actually mildly venomous but rear fanged). We have loads of these guys in the garden, see them glide occasionally, they also fly (in the talons of one raptor or another).

It's also important to know the difference between this (harmless Laotian Wolf Snake) we have these in our garden too:-

729b64a516f16dd7cc45b90bb57ef548.jpg

And this (Banded Krait, deadly) we don't have these in the garden, as yet:-

bandedkrait-tom-edited.jpg

Both are beautiful creatures.

If you are not sure what it is, treat it as venomous (no that doesn't mean kill it), if worried call your local snake-man, every village office has his number.

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2018 at 11:19 PM, Grauwulf said:

Any idea what this baby beauty is in my living room today, baby yes, venomous guilty until proven innocent. Didn’t kill him repatriated him into the bush....beautiful snake tho about 8 inches long ergo baby.

8B0F7001-5FCC-4C44-B2A2-8CFC15C486BA.jpeg

This looks like a Kukri Snake. Harmless, eating frogs and geckos