Driver cut free after truck carrying soybeans tips over on to his car

webfact

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Truck driver telling porkies, no motorbike cut in front, he was taking the corner too fast.

Also some bad reporting here, truck was carrying 46 tonnes !!!! Impossible.

Truck was maybe carrying 26 tonnes max.

If 26 tonnes is the max then 46 tonnes makes sense... Thais always try to double the load !!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lanista said:

I saw it on TV this morning.  No one cut off that idiot. He was trying to turn left on a very small intersection not suitable for  any  heavy commercial vehicles expecially trailers.   The shipping container simply rolled off to the right and pancaked the poor guy in the Toyota stationary in the left lane.

Absolute madness.

Never drive in Thailand.

Your right

Certainly to fast & I also think he was planning to take the bend wide & got a shock seeing the car after the motor bike

I just can say what everyone are saying, very Very lucky to survive this madness driving from the truck driver!!!  Just give him some jail time to think things over..  AND,, NO MORE DRIVING TRUCK OR WHATEVER..

23 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

If 26 tonnes is the max then 46 tonnes makes sense... Thais always try to double the load !!

26 tonne is the max amount of weight allowed in a 40 foot container, also in UK/ Europe 44 tonne is the max total weight truck/ trailer/ load, so i think it is the same here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

My goodness!!  What a lucky guy.  Amulets working overtime!  What ever the truck driver's excuse is , he must have been driving to fast.  I'm guessing that the insurance company are now deciding if the Fortuna can be repaired....

it will be

No really, never drive here.

Outsource that to someone with lower skills, less interest, dodgier equipment, shoddier attitude, belief in reincarnation and greatly reduced sense of responsibility! That should work just great!

I surrender control of my on-road experience as little as possible, but maybe you're right... Maybe I should just roll the dice even more and let someone else whose sole interest is making money take responsibility for my wellbeing...

6 hours ago, lanista said:

I saw it on TV this morning.  No one cut off that idiot. He was trying to turn left on a very small intersection not suitable for  any  heavy commercial vehicles expecially trailers.   The shipping container simply rolled off to the right and pancaked the poor guy in the Toyota stationary in the left lane.

Absolute madness.

Never drive in Thailand.

2 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

think you need to study  physics/inertia

I did... Truck turns sharp left in video, result ? Ends up on its right side...

Truck driver claims he served right, truck would have ended up on left side.. Unless Thai physics are different ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Truck driver telling porkies, no motorbike cut in front, he was taking the corner too fast.

Also some bad reporting here, truck was carrying 46 tonnes !!!! Impossible.

Truck was maybe carrying 26 tonnes max.

Don't be so sure about that. This is Thailand, after all!?

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I did... Truck turns sharp left in video, result ? Ends up on its right side...

Truck driver claims he served right, truck would have ended up on left side.. Unless Thai physics are different ?

even more confused now i thought in your post the truck swerved to the right  ok also like you say 

Thai physics are different ?

Man recounts escape from car flattened by lorry

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

S__125370404-696x464.jpg

Rescue workers at the site of the Sunday accident in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — A man on Monday explained how he miraculously survived after a trailer truck driven by a drunk driver flattened his car to the ground in Bangkok’s Lat Krabang district.

Worawut Yooyatmak, 42, said he survived the Sunday accident – in which a giant truck drifted while turning a corner and collapsed on top of his car – thanks to his quick response and the emergency training he received.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/05/28/man-recounts-escape-from-car-flattened-by-lorry-video/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-5-28
  • Like 1

Wonder what kind of training can save you in this situation. Just sheer luck saved him!
Well, maybe he made himself as small as possible when he realized what was happening. Most Thais have small bodies so that helps. The drivers seat looks intact. My body would probably be suffering more.
  • Like 1

Special emergency training on how to become small, when it is required. Nice

If the seats is intact, it is because of sheer luck and not any kind of emergency training. ?

Edited by Emmess

ok if the truck was going through intersection which is indicative of the speed he was doing then he did swerve left to avoid the motorcycle. but he was drunk.

Edited by asean

6000thb and a 6 month licence suspension....unbelievable !!

what happened to the 100,000 - 200,000 thb?

i doubt this lunatic will be off the road for more than a day, drunk driving a vehicle that size should be an automatic 2 year jail sentence, minimum. The motorcyclist can consider himself very lucky for being 10 seconds ahead along that road.

someone really needs to visit that truck driver and encourage him with a crow-bar to take up another career.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

He was on the Thai news pointing out that he had driven 2 shifts and was on his 3rd shift, he was tired and had drifted off (I suspect day dreamed and probably about to fall asleep at the wheel) when his turn came up and he tired to make it.

I too find myself feeling drowsy after a skin-full of beer, normally at the point where I have to hold my head back as I walk so I don't spill any, but please note that it's 'walking' i do, of a sort and I cannot ever recollect the morning after having decided to drive 26 tons of Soya beans anywhere in a massive 8 or 10 wheeled truck as I have heard that drinking and driving can affect your ability to drive and is extremely dangerous.

As drink- drivers rarely learn from their mistakes I'm just going to put it out there, that it's a pity that this guy didn't end himself here as he is obviously capable of more carnage and the next time the others on the road might not be so lucky.

• Like 1

Did anyone else notice the bald tires on the trailer ?   Also I question whether the truck is built to tow a trailer, never mind a very heavy trailer. The sentence is an absolute joke 6,000 B and a 6 month driving suspension after he admitted being drunk. This guy should be in jail and his truck drivers license should be permanently revoked.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

One very lucky man

17 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

My goodness!!  What a lucky guy. 

9 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

His lucky day

If your idea of someone having good luck is a 40+ ton wagon crushing their car with them inside it then I'd hate to know what you think being unlucky is.

Although he probably would have got a bigger fine in any other country, it's debatable whether he would have got any jail time. In the UK, for example, he would certainly have  got a hefty fine and maybe a suspended jail sentence, worse case 2 years jail time, but they would have only thrown the book at him if someone had been killed. He could be sentenced to life imprisonment in the UK for death by dangerous driving under the influence of drink or drugs. Until recently it was a maximum sentence of 14 years.

5 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

If your idea of someone having good luck is a 40+ ton wagon crushing their car with them inside it then I'd hate to know what you think being unlucky is.

It happened, If he had been crushed to death, he would have been unlucky !

regards worgeordie