Yingluck granted 10-year UK visa, says BBC Thai website

webfact

7 hours ago, Hooliganzone said:

Same old story money talks if she had been a Muslim they would have granted her 20 years.

I find it disgusting when married Brits have big problems in taking there wife there and these low lives with no British husband (but big cash) get in no problem. 

So shins are paying and have the British in their pockets?????

• Like 1

Ruddy outrageous given the difficulty those of us with Thai wives and the difficulties, impossibilities we have. She's not a criminal like her brother because I think she was duped by him (that's what sociopaths do) so I don't resent it from that point of view. What I hate is one law for the rich and another for the rest of us.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Anybody can apply for a visa with a ten year validity if they can demonstrate a need to travel to the UK on a regular basis.
Whilst these are normally issued to business travellers, a number of our members spouses have them.

I was unaware of that, and it's very interesting.

9 hours ago, Thian said:

Yinluck out of jail and Tommy in. The UK lost it's face already in Europe. Disgusting country, let them take the Brexit to go out please.

A disgusting country eh? I wonder where you're from. I suspect I know, and if I am right, they have something of a chequered past haven't they, Herr Thian?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ianf said:

She's not a criminal like her brother because I think she was duped by him (that's what sociopaths do) so I don't resent it from that point of view. What I hate is one law for the rich and another for the rest of us.

Duped by her brother? Got to be joking. I will say she was certainly duped by Prayut. 

One law for the peasants and another for the military. 

'She was later spotted in many countries, including Japan and London ...' 

Last time I checked, London didn't count as a country.

'A close aide of Thaksin told BBC Thai that many countries had been willing to give his sister the travel documents she sought.'

Amazing what money can buy with the right country. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tropo said:

I don't think the specifics of the court case had any bearing on the decision to issue her with a visa. It was about the authority of a court under a military leadership trying to criminally charge the PM they ousted in a coup. I doubt the decision was a tough one. It would have been more shocking if they had refused her visa.

Did  the Junta  bring the  charges?

A ten year visa for a Thai national with no British family? 

I'm British, with a British passport holding son and a Thai wife who has flown all over the world working with Emirates and has a 10-year U.S. multiple entry visa. 

She applied for a 10-year multiple entry visa so that we can visit our son's grandparents. What did she get? A 6-month visa.

Double standards as always in the U.K.

Edited by Sunderland
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have considered that and did try the online part a while back, which didn't work, although I have been told it does now.

Maybe I should venture out of my comfort zone and try it on line once again 

or just go to the post office.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

INTERESTING POST, now here is a scenario for folks to think about.

After the election when Prayut is given his marching orders, he goes to the UK meets up with Yingluk, hello love you fancy going for a drink, and a chat about old times.:cheesy:

And they will certainly counting there money together, which they have acquired quite creatively.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

That’s right. She was a top candidate in the party list system and there must be enough yes votes in constituencies to secure those party list seats. 

The rest was the proverbial history on why the party nominated her in the parliamentary session for premiership. The party knew that she can help win the election because of her connection to Thaksin. Not at all surprise but still a subject of convenient discourse by her haters. Bottom line was her party win the election by a majority and her relationship with Thaksin help fueled the massive election win. If she doing such a lousy job, surely the electorate will vote her out and no need to scheme a chaotic situation to invite a coup. 

The problem with voting her out is that it is practically impossible because she was never "elected" in the sense of the term. She held a party list seat and the only way she would not have become an MP or PM would have been for the PTP to have been wiped out at the next election and to have gained NO party list seats.

This is what I dislike the most about elections in Thailand.

IMHO there should be NO party list seats. Every MP should stand in a constituency for an election. Any MP from the election only who becomes a minister or PM  stays an MP as well and is not replaced with a bye election. In addition the successful MP MUST live in the constituency that they are elected to and MUST have a party office there and hold an open surgery at least 1 day per week for the constituents to meet and talk to their elected MP.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I have a friend from the UK who lives here with his Thai wife he got her a 10 year visa to visit the UK as he goes each year for a holiday.

From what I recall it wasn’t too difficult.

The Schegen one you have to apply each year

A Schengen multiple entry vida can be issued for a validity up to 5 years. Anyone can ask for it and it's up to the embassy to see if you need it or if it makes sense to issue it or a visa thst is valid  for less time. Brussels visa instructions ask Schengen members to automatically increase the validity for each new application so that bonafitw frequent travellers don't need to apply for a visa every single time. 

See: EU home affairs visa policy for details. And Yes, some notorious members like Spain are very reluctant to play by the rules...

A 10 year visa !?!....Oh dear, poor thing, she does not know all the red tape to expect !!...They will soon ask her for the latest 3 month bank statements, letter of residence drafted in proper english, 3 original medical certificates and a  clean criminal record from Thailand...... and not to forget that she will have to report to Scotland Yard or at the Mi5 every 90 days  !!  ?

18 hours ago, theoldgit said:

I'd be interested to know which European country has issued Yingluck with a passport, holders of passports from most countries in Europe don't need a visa to enter the UK. 

cannot see ordinary travellers getting a 10 year visa to stay in thailand

• Like 1

How does one leave your native country with a revoked passport, criminal record and then obtain a new passport issued by another (foreign) country? And is supposedly legitimate and thus honoured by a western country (UK)?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, hottrader77 said:

cannot see ordinary travellers getting a 10 year visa to stay in thailand

There is an elite visa category that has a 10 year visa period and it is considered affordable by ordinary people with some cash. 

12 hours ago, jgarbo said:

So, convicted criminals get 10 yr visas, while some people born in UK are deported. An insane corrupt govt. Money bought Yingluck's visa to the one of the biggest money laundries in the world, Merry Ole England. 

And you bozos are laughing about it. Be thankful, these two criminals, who cheated thousands and murdered thousands cannot return.

Considering the pressure on Prayut from the US, UK and EU to ruin Thailand, the man is doing a good job. 

It was definitely money that got her a visa. Wish they could freeze her bank accounts

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sunderland said:

A ten year visa for a Thai national with no British family? 

I'm British, with a British passport holding son and a Thai wife who has flown all over the world working with Emirates and has a 10-year U.S. multiple entry visa. 

She applied for a 10-year multiple entry visa so that we can visit our son's grandparents. What did she get? A 6-month visa.

Double standards as always in the U.K.

Some folk would be happy with the 6 month visa including UK / Thai married couples . Maybe that is the way to get a 6 month tourist visa by applying for a 10 year  mev .  It seems that being a UK national counts as nothing when it comes to visa applications  . 

When returning to the UK and the I.O. who is a recent UK immigrant without the best command of the English language   questions me and studies my passport , makes me feel rather strange .

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 4:56 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

The implication of this is that the UK specifically and several other countries in general do not recognize the legitimacy of the court case against her.

I bet Prayut nearly choked when he heard it!

Thailand- if you want to have international respect for your country and system of justice, you need to have a respectable system of justice and put an end to these 'show trials' where political opponents are brought down. The proper way to hand over power from one government to the next is through an election.

You will be a laughing stock until you manage this....

I think the government may be secretly pleased that she won't be back and hopes that absence does not in fact make the heart grow fonder! lol

8 hours ago, Donutz said:

A Schengen multiple entry vida can be issued for a validity up to 5 years. Anyone can ask for it and it's up to the embassy to see if you need it or if it makes sense to issue it or a visa thst is valid  for less time. Brussels visa instructions ask Schengen members to automatically increase the validity for each new application so that bonafitw frequent travellers don't need to apply for a visa every single time. 

See: EU home affairs visa policy for details. And Yes, some notorious members like Spain are very reluctant to play by the rules...

Thanks for the info I will pass that on to my friend I he visits the UK and France each year and applies for the Schengen one each time

I assumed you could only get it annually

Fortunately it’s not a problem for us as my Thai wife also has Australian citizenship and passport makes life a lot easier when traveling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, superal said:

Some folk would be happy with the 6 month visa including UK / Thai married couples . Maybe that is the way to get a 6 month tourist visa by applying for a 10 year  mev .  It seems that being a UK national counts as nothing when it comes to visa applications  . 

When returning to the UK and the I.O. who is a recent UK immigrant without the best command of the English language   questions me and studies my passport , makes me feel rather strange .

It seems to be the attitude of governments elsewhere as well, once you leave your rights dissapear.

In Australia apart from attempting to screw retirees by restricting who can obtain the retirement pension the government introduced a provision about two years ago that requires you stay for two years after first receiving the pension or you loose it.

As in Europe economic refugees are welcomed with opened arms and benefits.

• Like 1