Yingluck granted 10-year UK visa, says BBC Thai website

webfact

4 hours ago, tropo said:

I don't think the specifics of the court case had any bearing on the decision to issue her with a visa. It was about the authority of a court under a military leadership trying to criminally charge the PM they ousted in a coup. I doubt the decision was a tough one. It would have been more shocking if they had refused her visa.

Well, when you come to Thailand you know to obey Thai law... Same when you visit England you come under British laws, so if they say we don't except some Thai court rulings, then sorry P shit happens that way too

• Like 2

Always thought that proof of returning to Thailand was critical in obtaining a UK visa . So has she got another nationality or is she a political refugee ?

One rule for them and one rule for us and of course money talks .

The mind boggles as to what this event will do to Thai / UK  political relationships as it must be seen as an endorsement of Yinglucks  Thai politics . 

The 10 years visa application and the kind of criminal record of her do not interfere. Nor in the UK or other countries or even Thailand.

The court rolling she not appeared and also not went to the next court and she did as they say  run like a thief in the night. Given the impression she and all around her know what was done was wrong.

Amnesty international not even noticed her. And when look at them they are very active in situations like this.

About the passport that is a document one can easy get in many countries when one is willing and able to do investments.

One even can get a total new identity if needed in those countries.

Other option when you not have the money is for example passing the test of the French Legion and you get French citizenship.

So what is the actual news, when looking at it this way?

Nothing all makes it just look like another PR stunt to manipulate the people with half information and letting out essential facts too prevent that people can put all in the correct perspective.

Edited by Autonuaq

5 minutes ago, superal said:

Always thought that proof of returning to Thailand was critical in obtaining a UK visa . So has she got another nationality or is she a political refugee ?

One rule for them and one rule for us and of course money talks .

The mind boggles as to what this event will do to Thai / UK  political relationships as it must be seen as an endorsement of Yinglucks  Thai politics . 

Not at all, it just shows distain for an elected PM being thrown out by a military junta

2 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Never mind, she can reside in knightsbridge,  with other super-rich ex-pats from Asia, The Middle East, and Russia most of whom achieved their wealth through corrupt and dubious means, that left millions of their fellow countrymen starving and internally impoverished, and who once in the UK can and usually do indulge in a vulgar and risable display of riches which is the very antithesis of good taste and reserve, those rare qualities that can only come from a good upbringing, solid learning, a sense of history, class, and dignity.

Admit it, you're jealous

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, eggers said:

So how come "the Puppet" gets a Visa w/ an outstanding Arrest Warrant against her, yet Julian Assange has to be holed up in the Ecuadorian Embassy?

Maybe, she arrived on a skiff from Dubai as an Asylum seeker !! 

What happened to the Interpol Red Notice!!

The Watchman must have been winding his collection!!

Hmm, think "the Puppeteer from Dubai" has worked his skulduggery!! 

Julian Assange is wanted by the USA and it is likely that he will be extradited if he leaves the embassy. I wouldn't imagine that any country in the world. except Thailand, would have a problem with Yingluck

• Like 2

REPLY TO DARCULA,No this is not the same visa as red bull,you have to kill a policeman on duty to get that one,and you have to have a house boy who says he was driving your Ferrari without a licence.And you have to own your own Jet and come and go without fear when and where you like.Then you have to wait until your charges are out of date,not like in Europe where they will be renewed,if you are red bull or black bull.

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

One think i have learned about Thai people that they dearly and reverently love Thailand and everything about it, living abroad, even surrounded with riches and affluence, still, it's not Thailand, while here they are a force to reckon with, overseas they're pretty much a nobody, a face in the crowd...

Plenty of Thai people and social life in England

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

The implication of this is that the UK specifically and several other countries in general do not recognize the legitimacy of the court case against her.

I bet Prayut nearly choked when he heard it!

Thailand- if you want to have international respect for your country and system of justice, you need to have a respectable system of justice and put an end to these 'show trials' where political opponents are brought down. The proper way to hand over power from one government to the next is through an election.

You will be a laughing stock until you manage this....

on my country it's called treason. And l said day 2. His charges are non valid.

3 hours ago, theoldgit said:

I'd be interested to know which European country has issued Yingluck with a passport, holders of passports from most countries in Europe don't need a visa to enter the UK. 

Indeed...You have a point. I'd really be interested to learn what "European" country gave her a passport...

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

The implication of this is that the UK specifically and several other countries in general do not recognize the legitimacy of the court case against her.

I bet Prayut nearly choked when he heard it!

Thailand- if you want to have international respect for your country and system of justice, you need to have a respectable system of justice and put an end to these 'show trials' where political opponents are brought down. The proper way to hand over power from one government to the next is through an election.

You will be a laughing stock until you manage this....

What a joke!

The UK is just as corrupt as any other country.

Just look what is happening to Tommy Robinson.

I'm sure that Yingluck's ill-gotten wealth had nothing to do with the decision.

A low-level Thai fugitive from justice who manages to get to the UK would be granted the same consideration, I'm sure. LOL!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Yingluck granted 10-year UK visa

She and her brother, when in power, made it increasingly difficult for foreigners to stay long-term in Thailand. She should only get a 2-month visa, and, just like foreigners in Thailand, be forced to travel every couple of months to France or other countries to apply for a new visa!

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1