Villa Market (Old Index)

ThaiBob

There is a large sign at the old Index location on Sukumvit announcing the opening of a mini mall with a Villa Market and Starbucks called Little Walk. Opening date is August 2018 which seems improbable but looks like construction is going on at a good pace as the old building has been leveled. Has this been reported or was I out to lunch? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThaiBob said:

Yep. No way it will be finished 3 months. 

If they work 24hours it might be possible.  I have been surprised how fast stuff can go up.  T21 sure went up fast.

Edited by lapd

On 5/29/2018 at 3:07 PM, Crossy said:

If this is indeed the old Index site on Sukhumvit they are having a laugh?

Talk about artists impression - and taking the proverbial! Where is the open space with the mature trees to the left and right coming from.......:cheesy:

And the divider for the tunnel separates the opposite flow carriageway.......

• Like 1

If that's the old index, I wonder what the people living in the Central Park I village next to it think when the bulldozers come to make it that nice green plot in the photo. Artistic freedoms sure, but come on... if you had a open plot like that it'd be an overgrown jungle and riddled with soi dogs within days, some realism please.

That said, moving Villa from Avenue to Suk might be a good move. The 2nd road location is virtually impassable in the weekends.

• 2 months later...

Well, it's been three months. Any news on the opening of the Villa Supermarket on the site of the old Index Mall? Or any of the other shops in Little Walk (kind of a funny name). Thank you.

If this happens, it's giving me ideas for a return to Pattaya and the Darkside. 

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2018 at 3:19 PM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Well, it's been three months. Any news on the opening of the Villa Supermarket on the site of the old Index Mall? Or any of the other shops in Little Walk (kind of a funny name). Thank you.

If this happens, it's giving me ideas for a return to Pattaya and the Darkside. 

Progress is being made but it looks like they are many months from completion. 

• Thanks 1

Stopped by today but could not enter the area. Workers were sprucing up the entrance in front and working on the exteriors of the first couple of buildings already festooned with big signs of well known western trademarks.

First building on the right, looking in from the Suk, has a big Starbucks sign above the store entrance and second store is a KFC. 

So I'd say a month or two before businesses open. The far building the size of a supermarket, if it's what I think it is, will likely be the Villa.

• 3 weeks later...

This is mostly for Darkside folks. KFC and Starbucks fully open now. Looks like more to come.

Workers toiling away in the new Villa at the end. Villa signs hanging from light standards. Says "coming soon." Looks like air con units installed but loads of interior work yet to do. Plus shelving and stocking to be done. Maybe end of November to open?

Surely there's a better route to this Villa say from the backside. Otherwise, it's a long hike up to the Hwy 7 u-turn and all the way back down.

fb-thvvilla.jpg

38 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Surely there's a better route to this Villa say from the backside. Otherwise, it's a long hike up to the Hwy 7 u-turn and all the way back down.

I lived next to it when it was still Index. Used Thanon Rodfai (The railway road) instead of Suk to get there, a couple of sidesois connect to the soi running parallel to rodfai. Not too bad when you know where to go, but can't sustain much traffic. 

• Thanks 1