Prayut: shaken, defensive and easily riled

webfact

7 minutes ago, z42 said:

I have my doubts about an election taking place, I personally think we'll see huge clashes and protests before a real election. But this article is bang on the money, Prayuth and the other plastic generals alongside him are a living joke now.

If we ever see election campaigning where serious scrutiny could be placed on Prayuth's manifesto / aims in an open way I would cry laughing at his ability to actually debate stuff. He seriously has all the smarts of a plank of wood, almost anything political you can tell just goes straight over his head.. A truly pathetic and tragic figure, I wonder how long he'll be tolerated for yet as the wheels have (arguably) already come off

I agree with you that he is pathetic - but tragic? No. Great tragic characters (especially if we think of classical Greek tragedy) have something of grandeur about them, a charismatic and impressive character - but are marred by a serious flaw. Prayut has no grandeur or impressiveness: he is all flaw - nothing else.

A terrified little bully is not a 'tragic figure': he is a figure of derision, loathing and contempt.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Not sure about tears. He might show a trembling bottom lip which would be just as embarrassing. 

But his cardboard cut-out might shed a few cardboard tears in sympathy.

Which prompts me to wonder if he plans to take his cardboard cut-out to Europe to answer media questions about democracy?

How will they be able to tell the difference?

Oh I know - the cardboard cut-out looks kinder.

• Like 2