Spreads for toast, what's available in Thailand?

giddyup

We have a brand of toast spread in Australia called Peck's. They make a few different one's like Devilled Hamm, Anchovies, Salmon and Chicken. I do get my fix of Vegemite when I can find it, but besides the obvious one's like jam and honey, what else is available here? 

Pecks.jpg

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

There's that local green pandan custard-like stuff.

Also the imported, pricey Nutella hazelnut spreads.

Peanut butter imported and if you have more money you can buy almond or hazelnut butter from good karma shop. Peanut butter is cheapest in 1kg jars at makro (saves around 50% or so)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, robblok said:

Peanut butter imported and if you have more money you can buy almond or hazelnut butter from good karma shop. Peanut butter is cheapest in 1kg jars at makro (saves around 50% or so)

Should have mentioned peanut butter, already have that. I like it mixed with honey on toast, but I was wanting more of a savoury type spread.

1 hour ago, johng said:

Tuna is the only one I noticed/remember  at most 7/11  Big C or Tesco

I like tuna occasionally on toast, but I wouldn't necessarily classify it as a spread.

49 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

There's a mysterious, locally made (Best Foods?) 'sandwich spread' that's on most supermarket shelves. Buggered if I know what's in it but guaranteed to be sweet.

Can't say I've seen it, but I was hoping for savoury not sweet.

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Should have mentioned peanut butter, already have that. I like it mixed with honey on toast, but I was wanting more of a savoury type spread.

Do you get it at Makro ? Used to get the smaller tins at Big C or Tops but at Makro if you can find the 1 kg ones they are about 50% cheaper (if you compare content)

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Do you get it at Makro ? Used to get the smaller tins at Big C or Tops but at Makro if you can find the 1 kg ones they are about 50% cheaper (if you compare content)

I buy the 340g size Jif brand, crunchy preferred. Don't use it a lot so that size lasts me a couple of months.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I buy the 340g size Jif brand, crunchy preferred. Don't use it a lot so that size lasts me a couple of months.

I buy the 1 kg skippy brand crunchy for just little bit more as the 340g of the same brand. That is why i mentioned it it is a lot cheaper but if that size lasts you a couple of months then there is no use. I was amazed at the price difference that is why it stayed with me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I buy the 1 kg skippy brand crunchy for just little bit more as the 340g of the same brand. That is why i mentioned it it is a lot cheaper but if that size lasts you a couple of months then there is no use. I was amazed at the price difference that is why it stayed with me. 

I shop Makro regularly so I'll have a look next time. I have found if you keep PB too long it tends to dry out.

Best Supermarket at Dolphin has various pates in tins; near the tinned ham and corned beef; and fresh in the deli section. Pate is French for paste if my schoolboy French serves me correctly. Normally eaten with toast.

Edited by champers

1 hour ago, champers said:

Best Supermarket at Dolphin has various pates in tins; near the tinned ham and corned beef; and fresh in the deli section. Pate is French for paste if my schoolboy French serves me correctly. Normally eaten with toast.

Thanks, will have a look.

18 hours ago, JoePai said:

Hate to say chaps but there is only one spread and it is available in Thailand - it's called Marmite

Everything else is just much yuck and not worthy of a piece of well toasted bread.............

The spread.jpg

Vegemite just as good and often barely half the price.

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

Good morning cobber. I found Peck's Anchovette  in Villa market, Sukimvit 33. It was a bit expensive [180baht]. I had to travel from Ayutthaya to get it, so I bought 8 on that trip. Maybe, your Villa in Pattaya stocks it. If not, they could probably do an inter-shop transfer for you.

index.jpg

• Like 1

I eat a lot of both . . . mites.  

Both excellent but not by any means in competition, leave that for The Ashes!

Adding nit noi prik (my autocorrect added a naughty ‘c ‘ to that!) sounds like a good idea.

Keep supporting the black stuff!

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

I like tuna occasionally on toast, but I wouldn't necessarily classify it as a spread.

had an Aussie gf in the States used to put tuna, onions, hot mustard in the blender; made a great spread

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Peanut butter. 

Avocado

Jams & jellies 

The list is endless. 

No it's not. I already mentioned jams and peanut butter, avocado could be a spread but I was thinking more of something in a jar that's readily available.

35 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Good morning cobber. I found Peck's Anchovette  in Villa market, Sukimvit 33. It was a bit expensive [180baht]. I had to travel from Ayutthaya to get it, so I bought 8 on that trip. Maybe, your Villa in Pattaya stocks it. If not, they could probably do an inter-shop transfer for you.

index.jpg

Cheers, will try Villa here.