Future Forward Party Says Members ‘Harassed’ By Officers

webfact

Future Forward Party Says Members ‘Harassed’ By Officers

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

future-696x464.jpg

Police officers inspect signs at the first meeting of the Future Forward Party on May 27 at Thammasat University's Rangsit campus. Photo: Future Forward Party / Facebook

BANGKOK — The Future Forward Party called on the military government Monday to end alleged threats against its members, particularly in the north and northeastern regions.

In a statement, the party said some members were visited by state officers who had taken photos of vehicles parked at its first meeting last week held at Thammasat University’s Rangsit campus. It said they they had been “threatened, harassed and made to feel fear.”

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/06/05/future-forward-party-says-members-harassed-by-officers/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-06-05

11 minutes ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

"An aide to police spokesman Gen. Veerachai Songmetta said Tuesday that the move was a matter of national security without elaborating further."

Playing the ol' "national security" card again.

Isn't this the same excuse they use to bang up old ladies who "like" FB posts? 

Running scared comes to mind... 

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

They threaten because they can.

They threaten because they are scared of you.

They threaten because they know the Thai people are scared of them - AND WILL NOT FIGHT BACK IN THEIR MILLIONS!

Edited by Eligius
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tracker1 said:

This article could be fabricated to deregister the F F Party one never knows ! I mean would the junta go to such extremes I have my opinion

Could be a dozen scenarios.

It seems to me the main concern of the NCOP is to try to ensure the shin party paid yes men mob don't return to power, and perhaps saying they are concerned about FF is just to warn the red mob to not get  to active / too mouthy. 

Who knows.

10 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Could be a dozen scenarios.

It seems to me the main concern of the NCOP is to try to ensure the shin party paid yes men mob don't return to power, and perhaps saying they are concerned about FF is just to warn the red mob to not get  to active / too mouthy. 

Who knows.

You mean you don't think that the 'Thaksin'  party, what ever it will be called, will get the most votes at the election? (if it happens).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

This is an excellent response by the party.

I strongly believe that if the Junta continues these sorts of tactics AND it is publicized, it will backfire spectacularly in their faces. No one really expects a completely "Free and Fair" election, but there is also a general anger when there is too much cheating; sending the police around to harass a new party and its membership would be crossing that proverbial line.

If FFP is smart, they will use social media, with photos, every time it occurs. And, every time it occurs, their popularity will rise.

No one likes a bully...

And everyone likes an underdog.

Weak old men

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

You think too much. Don’t think PTP nor the reds need any more warning. They have been harassed, intimidated, sent to military adjustment and some even jailed for the slightest of demeanour. They are immune to the junta bias attitude towards them. Plain and simple, junta is displaying lots of insecurity and anxiety over the FFP as they will likely to provide big challenges to the Dem and all those military crony parties. And they fear the consequence of the FFP becoming the government and go after the military especially the coup leaders. Just being chicken as they always have been but hide behind guns and draconian intimidation.

wow.... and some run away rather than face the music...

29 minutes ago, scorecard said:

wow.... and some run away rather than face the music...

One only need look toward the composer and his magnum opus "Article 44" to hear the dischord in his faux melody. My ears are bleeding. Perhaps you are tone deaf? 

One needn't be a Shin supporter to be a junta detractor.

Edited by InfinityandBeyond
Amendment and retraction
  • Like 1