VIDEO: Foreigners attacked by ladyboys in Phuket

snoop1130

Is there any reason why the bar-life still has a place in Thailand? Most tourists that are coming are Chinese and Russians, who don't frequent these places. It was ok in the 60's-90's but now there are families, couples and retired ppl coming. Perhaps Thailand should rethink it's strategy.

On 6/5/2018 at 6:48 PM, poanoi said:

honestly i think its something fishy about this.

i have had my fair share of unwanted ladyboy attention but not one of them aggressive,

the most it ever got to was one hissing "pai gai gai" (sod off) as i passed the homosexual gogo

on my way to girlie gogo's. ... they felt i had been invited too many times without picking

up on the offer.

IMO foreigners on the receiving end of LB aggression has been fondling at the wrong place

and at the wrong time, or are overly aggressive them self.

just suck it up i say, TiT

I remember being new here and walking through Khoa San Road. A ladyboy asked, "Hey, you wanna go with me?" to which I gave a little smile and politely said, "No, thanks". The ladyboy replied with, "Well, f*** you!". I just laughed as I walked off thinking, "Wow! Only someone genuinely miserable could have so such much vitriol towards a complete stranger".

I guess I should have just said nothing. Either way - the ladyboy was the one who approached me. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Get Real said:

It doesn´t matter if the reaction is verbally provoked. This is not how people with normal intelligence tries to solve a problem.

Ladyboys or not I can not care less, but it seems like this part of society have far to many instable morons hiding in the disguise of another body.

In the body of a purple cat maybe ??

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

So,you think you have the right to call a whole community of people,probably tens of thousands,nothing but garbage???and how on earth did you get the confirmation that they are "all" drug addicts??and who are you to judge and lable people so rudely??Are you Mr.Only Right,Mr.Always Clean,or may be Mr.Never Wrong??.Come down to earth man and show some sensibility when talking about other human beings.

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2018 at 7:18 AM, bkkbudddy said:

Greetings, 

You got to remember that ladyboys are men without balls!

That’s incorrect , they are men with balls and a pair of air bags to go along ?

Edited by BestB
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2018 at 10:10 AM, hotchilli said:

Rather a scathing remark... maybe correct for the "street crawlers" who ply their trade in the seedy areas..

but I happen to know a few very hard working professional ladyboys who have studied hard & got respectable employment!!

Yes not all are prostitutes that's just stereotyping a whole group of people. One of our friends in CM is a lady boy and owns a really big softy furnishings business. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

This is the News Forum. I read it first every day to see what breaking news is happening  in Phuket.

It's quite annoying to see that a small incident from June has been revived so some can make inane comments about the people involved.

Also, rehashing old news, distorts actuality and gives the haters an opportunity to continue their sad campaigns.

Perhaps old topics could be closed after a reasonable time for discussion so they don't get dragged up again and again by people with an agenda.

I note the news section invariably starts a new thread for updates on any story anyway.

"Perhaps old topics could be closed after a reasonable time for discussion" - sounds like censorship to me OC.  Why should there be a time limit on a news thread????

"rehashing old news, distorts actuality and gives the haters an opportunity to continue" - not sure how it distorts "actuality" but we wouldn't want the "haters" to tarnish the tarnish on Phuket's already tarnished tourism industry, would we?  ????

On 6/6/2018 at 6:16 AM, simoh1490 said:

I agree, there are some rare sights to be seen at that time. During my first ever visit to Phuket in the '90's I woke early because of jet lag and went out for a walk around dawn, the first person I encountered was a farm girl clad head to toe in black PVC and chrome, sweat streaked hair and totally messed up makeup she was exhausted after a night of who knows what. But she still had a great smile on her face and she happily posed for a picture before shuffling off to somewhere - I still look at that photo and smile.

lets  see it!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the foreigners were American . Maybe they said something stupid that provoked the LBs ?

There is nothing they could have said that justifies the violent blind-siding that is shown in the video. The foreigners did not fight back, but the LBs just kept coming after them. Then you see other LBs joining in the fray, despite the foreigners not responding with violence. Their actions reflect their true feelings for foreigners, and some of the foreigners being black likely played a role as well, as racism is an acceptable fact of life in Thai culture. Welcome to Thailand, where many hate you, but still want your money.

A number of gender abuse comments and responses to them have been removed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.