Thailand to spend billions on satellites from unknown company

snoop1130

5 hours ago, candide said:

It's true that the US law is very deterring about corruption. If no corruption, I guess that they succeeded in making the Thai government feel honoured to be associated in this project. ?

And you believe this.. i believe that they are as clean as their Thai clients. I believe that everyone who does business with Thailand for large orders like this is paying for the privilege. I don't just mean during this junta rule but before and probably after too. So it seems this American company is probably not clean.

• Thanks 1

• image.png.676e4f9f2acdcf4f640132fa9eb0b23a.pngI think this is the information about the 112 non-geostationary satellites that are scheduled to be launched in 2020.  

Some pretty pictures in the pdf showing coverage, satellite constellations, frequencies of communications to and from the satellites,  types of coverage, i.e. radar, infrared, viewing etc. 

licensing.fcc.gov/myibfs/download.do?attachment_key=1158366

image.png

image.png

Edited by radiochaser

My apologies for inserting too many images in my original post.  I tried to remove all but one, but was unable to do so.  

If a moderator could remove the excess images, leaving only one, I would appreciate it.  

21 hours ago, robblok said:

I did because I always thought American companies were clean.. at least that is how they present themselves. So I did not understand how they could get the order from the junta.

American companies clean?

Oh please.

Do you believe Lockheed Martin doesnt hand out 'enticements'?

Just recently it was discovered that us dept of defence had over 1 trillion ( yes trillion) in 'unaccounted' expenditure over a 15 year period up to 2016.

The rest of the world watches, listens and learns from the best ( usa and uk) as far as shady business deals with govt are concerned

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

American companies clean?

Oh please.

Do you believe Lockheed Martin doesnt hand out 'enticements'?

Just recently it was discovered that us dept of defence had over 1 trillion ( yes trillion) in 'unaccounted' expenditure over a 15 year period up to 2016.

The rest of the world watches, listens and learns from the best ( usa and uk) as far as shady business deals with govt are concerned

???

On 6/6/2018 at 8:49 AM, madmitch said:

Sounds like the military equivalent of buying a condo unit off-plan. The chances are you hand over a substantial sum of money for something that will never be completed.

Quite possible, though the military is doubling as the estate agent, and has every reason to push through the sale to get the commission. 

22 hours ago, jerojero said:

Some ideas are just plain stupid. This one is at the top of the list for Thailand. Sheesh!

It's got a lot of competition at the top of the list for stupid military procurements... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...