Video: Three cars in a row can't be bothered to wait for a legal U-turn

webfact

Video: Three cars in a row can't be bothered to wait for a legal U-turn

10pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Dashcam footage posted on Facebook provided yet further evidence of the appalling driving on Thailand's Roads - this time in the capital Bangkok.

And with the deterrent at only 500 baht nothing much is likely to change any time soon even if the drivers are caught.

The 43 second footage posted by "Daeng Ladprao" showed three cars - a Corolla, an Altis and a City - all going the wrong way down the Praditmanutham Road near the Ekamai - Ram Inthra expressway.

They cut in front of traffic to cross the road.

The poster said only the fact that he was driving slowly and carefully averted an accident that could easily have been fatal. He said they were doing this because they couldn't be bothered to go to the next U-turn.

Manager Online noted that the fine for such an offence is a paltry 500 baht.

They did not report that the drivers had been caught.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-06

3 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

The saddest thing is that none of these drivers will actually believe they have done anything wrong. If there's been no accident, then what's the problem?

The saddest thing is Thai folk do not put their hand on the hooter...Never understood that...

I remember years ago I was in KhonKaen, near some very large building ( think university or something) and I was there right at the time working hours ended.

There was a highway very close, and the exit was near, but for the entrance they had to drive may 500 meters or more.

So each and every car leaving that building used the highway exit to enter the highway.

Edited by janclaes47

That's nothing,

Close to where I live there is a u-turn use it as a shortcut to go home, across the street. What they do is they come out of a soi from which you must turn left. They turn right, go against oncoming traffic, go across oncoming traffic then go wherever...

Many times I have seen serious accidents there, prolly caused because of this. I think, that if I were to hit one of these guys that I (a falang) would likely be charged for reckless driving and endangering a life even if it was them who broke the law.

• Like 2

Three idiots in 45 seconds on one street. If you extrapolate that and

multiply that by 24 hours on all roads, you have the total number of idiots sitting behind a steering wheel. That thailand is worldwide  leading in the statistic of traffic fatalities, does not surprise me.

Edited by tomacht8