Foreigner Pink ID Card

But your yellow book was issued at Thalang district office (amphoe)?

I am bit surprised to read this about Phuket.

Got mine about 2 years ago at our district office way out in the sticks (was no. 2 foreigner in the district with this :biggrin:).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

90% of getting pink ID card is first getting yellow book. The actual pink ID is a 5 minute process after getting book, using all the information from yellow book. 

• Like 1

the pink card is called "Baat Prajaam Tua" so pink or any color, you should apply for that. I think some places may be difficult, at my office they had to restart the computer with a different software, and took a team of three people to navigate the online system, which needs to enter you into the system several times and reboot to get to the print ID screen.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, KCPhuket said:

Has anyone in Phuket gotten a Pink ID Card?

BTW: for Phuket in total there are misc. reports of success in the (Phuket) forum.

Just that I didn't stumble upon Thalang.

11 minutes ago, surfdog said:

at my office they had to restart the computer with a different software,

Third time I see this (for me and another poster).

At my office I had to come back 15:00h (when all Thai people served).

It might help to have sample picture to show:

pink_card_pixelated.thumb.jpg.fdbaaf8385a9373eeb37045443915b48.jpg

บัตรประจำตัวคนซึ่งไม่มีสัญชาติไทย

bàt bprà-jam dtua kon sêung mâi mee săn-châat tai

ID card for person not having Thai nationality.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Third time I see this (for me and another poster).

At my office I had to come back 15:00h (when all Thai people served).

It might help to have sample picture to show:

pink_card_pixelated.thumb.jpg.fdbaaf8385a9373eeb37045443915b48.jpg

บัตรประจำตัวคนซึ่งไม่มีสัญชาติไทย

bàt bprà-jam dtua kon sêung mâi mee săn-châat tai

ID card for person not having Thai nationality.

my guess is that only the new software can do this, but nobody wants to switch over to the new software.  Totally understand... like updating to windows 10.  Luckily my neighbor works the office, so got the vip treatment, Thai people patiently waiting for them to figure out how to do mine.  ?

However at the regional office and yellow book, they were like "we can do this, but come back in 3 months"  Luckily the district office can also do this and my neighbor also helped us in the door.  I had to wait only 1 week for paperwork, and another month for the yellow book to be finished.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keeniau96 said:

What usem if anym is this pink ID card? Have managed to live in Phuket for 15 years without needing or wanting one.

3-4 threads already discussing this

• Like 1

Where I live, Koh Samui (Surat Thani province), the Amphor, which issue ID-cards, needed a form from the Tessa Ban, which issue House Books; I already had a Yellow House Book for years. With that form the photo and computer registration process was simple, however they asked for my blodtype and religion to be stated in the data.

But the Amphor office didn't have the "pink" film for processing the physical ID-card, which film needed to be ordered from Bangkok. So far I have been waiting about three month, the film has not yet arrived; and it's the kind big boos of the office that handles it, and he checked everything with their manuals, so not just some employee that don't know the procedure.

?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

With permanent residence, is there any benefit in getting this card? Like no need to carry around passport and/or that alien certificate book that's more fragile than a house of cards in a tornado?

And are there downsides to it? I've heard something about not being allowed to travel outside province of residence, and that it basically can't be used anywhere as it lacks English name?

yes no need to carry around passport, I've used it at military checkpoints.  I've used it everywhere an ID is required with no issue, Banks, Parks, Hotels, Post Office (domestic mail) etc. two places I'm not sure of but would be interesting to find out is the domestic flights and currency exchange.  I'd be curious to hear about your permanent residence experience if there is a link to that, and what benefits that provides?  Like do I not need to put the money in the bank ever year.

23 minutes ago, surfdog said:

I'd be curious to hear about your permanent residence experience if there is a link to that, and what benefits that provides?

This lengthy thread might be worth a read:-

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, surfdog said:

yes no need to carry around passport, I've used it at military checkpoints.  I've used it everywhere an ID is required with no issue, Banks, Parks, Hotels, Post Office (domestic mail) etc. two places I'm not sure of but would be interesting to find out is the domestic flights and currency exchange.  I'd be curious to hear about your permanent residence experience if there is a link to that, and what benefits that provides?  Like do I not need to put the money in the bank ever year.

But the ID card does not state your immigration status, so you may still have to produce your passport.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NetJunkie said:

But the ID card does not state your immigration status, so you may still have to produce your passport.

yes you are right about that, I didn't think about that, because in my day to day life in Thailand nobody checks my immigration status. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/8/2018 at 2:18 PM, surfdog said:

the pink card is called "Baat Prajaam Tua" so pink or any color, you should apply for that. I think some places may be difficult, at my office they had to restart the computer with a different software, and took a team of three people to navigate the online system, which needs to enter you into the system several times and reboot to get to the print ID screen.

Got mine yesterday they had same prob,plus photo was not clear third card print was ok.

On 6/10/2018 at 7:54 AM, surfdog said:

With the current crackdown by immigration I don't think hotels will allow the pink card anymore as it does not show your visa that,s what immigration want to see on the copy's the hotel make/send and sod all else.

What this pink non Thai ID card means is that expats have been raised in status to that of migrant workers, who have had it for many years.

Ironically, the guys I know who have it seem to think they are somehow special, with 3 of them thinking they have Thai citizenship :cheesy:

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What this pink non Thai ID card means is that expats have been raised in status to that of migrant workers, who have had it for many years.

Ironically, the guys I know who have it seem to think they are somehow special, with 3 of them thinking they have Thai citizenship :cheesy:

The only big advantage is, that you not always need to have your passport with you. As for exchange some money this pink ID cards is enough to show them. And as well for some other Identification. With your bank account you have to think of if you want passport or your pink ID card! only the ID will work which is registered at the bank. And you can't register passport and pink ID...or at least that was told to me.

But yes for sure you Arent a citizen because of that card, but if they feel better with this let them their thinking, I guess they won''t believe you anyway if you tell them the truth!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

With the current crackdown by immigration I don't think hotels will allow the pink card anymore as it does not show your visa that,s what immigration want to see on the copy's the hotel make/send and sod all else.

What current crackdown ????. Besides a couple of the usual stories about rounding up burmese condo builders etc. 

• Like 1

OKAY...got the pink ID card yesterday Oct 17.  There was one Canadian who also got the card.  So the Thalang, Phuket Amphur office got up to speed with this process sometime during the past year.  I received an appointment to get the card Oct 4th.

I had submitted copies of

Yellow tabien baan

Passport 

Marriage document

Child birth certificate

Fee was 100 bt.

I feel the card was easy to get (once they could do it) and does have some value immediately.  Optimist in me says maybe a building block for the future.  The boss lady pointed out that a foreign female who marries a Thai man gets THAI id card rather easily.  Maybe one day this discrimination will end.

Cheers!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Doesn't say much for the sort of guys that you know but we get your drift.

4 hours ago, KCPhuket said:

The boss lady pointed out that a foreign female who marries a Thai man gets THAI id card rather easily.  Maybe one day this discrimination will end.

Was it an old woman? It has nearly ended already. Now, foreign men married to a Thai get it pretty easily. 

However, the majority of foreign men getting married are retired.

I wonder how many Thai men marry retired foreign women?

Edited by Neeranam

• 10 months later...

I have the Pink ID Card and permanent residence. I may be wrong but I think you can get the pink ID card only if you have permanent residence in Thailand. Once you have a permanent residence you get a blue book which is called Thabienban.  When you get the blue book you can get the pink card. Yellow book is also called Thabienban and serve the same purpose but yellow book is given to people who dont have permanent residence. If anybody has a yellow book and has been able to get the pink card pls write back. This could be an interesting development for all foreigners in Thailand who dont have permanent residence. 

13 hours ago, Sanjay Jaybhay said:

I have the Pink ID Card and permanent residence. I may be wrong but I think you can get the pink ID card only if you have permanent residence in Thailand. Once you have a permanent residence you get a blue book which is called Thabienban.  When you get the blue book you can get the pink card. Yellow book is also called Thabienban and serve the same purpose but yellow book is given to people who dont have permanent residence. If anybody has a yellow book and has been able to get the pink card pls write back. This could be an interesting development for all foreigners in Thailand who dont have permanent residence. 

Most of the people with a PINK ID, don't have permanent residence.

You can get the Pink ID with the yellow Tambienban, as I have myself.

Actually I even had done my Pink ID with a Visa Exempt (30 Days) that time. Now on extension.