I Hate My Ceiling

naomisri

Naomisri,

We all have our own tastes but that ceiling you've got there is hideous.How have you stuck with it ???

And, she had the nerve to point out my picture was crooked? :o

Actually, I went and straightened the picture after she wrote that. :D:D

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the excellent replies. Anything we do will have to be done by the staff my husband manages as he doesn't see the point in "going outside the family" :o So I have to give exact directions otherwise it's just not going to happen :D

Does he need any extra tiles SBK? :D

So to beautify my lovely ceiling our cheapest option is to replace the tiles and add the layer of fibreglass insulation. Any ideas on the costs?

I've just had a count of our tiles (they're about 60x60 cms) and we'll need about 100 which leads me to believe we need to cover about 40m squared. What sort of width does the fibreglass come in? I will probably get this done first then see whether I can live with it or not. Next step would probably be covering the tiles with bamboo mats as londonthai suggested. Any ideas on whether it would be safe to have bamboo up there with the downlighters?

SBK - I considered the idea of wall lighting - what did you do with the wires? Did you go into the wall or not?

I prefer the idea of taking the whole thing out, but with a baby it might be a bit difficult. That's something to think about later! I think just putting in plain tiles might lighten the room a bit as at the moment the ones we've got look dark because they cast shadows.

Many thanks for all the help ladies and gents. Is it okay if I post a few more threads? I have other exciting questions about parking areas, and tiling...

We have just had out ceilings insulated. we did have insulation in, but thin, not everywhere as it said in the contract! and it looked like it had been thrown in from a distance. Bought the 6" from Homepro 2-3 weeks ago when it was on 20% discount (think each roll is either 2.4 or 2.6sqM. It cost 30Baht/sqM to have it fitted. They did a really good job. Took out the old and put it in bags. Put in the new. Then put the old above the maids room etc is a double layer. There is a big big difference in how hot the upstairs is now and also the maids room and cooking area.

Homepro have a exhibition in BK at the moment in 'Mung Thung Thani' think I spell it wrong!!

Don't know if anyone mentioned this as i did not read all the replies .Just turn all the tiles around to let the plain side face down .You will probably have to paint each tile as they will probably be dirty on the plain side .