Thaksin, Yingluck enjoying their tour of the US

webfact

10 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Some good arguments presented by all sides. Fact of the matter is that no countries acted on Thailand’s requests for extradition tell a lot what the global community think about those charges. Charges and convictions locally can be just be about politics and who got more power over the investigating agencies and the courts. Retro-active laws make the convictions weak. 

No it doesn't show that at all. And it certainly doesn't mean either of the Shin siblings weren't guilty.

AFAIK no county has said themselves that they have declined to process a properly constituted request for extradition, in accordance with the requirements of their extradition treaty with Thailand.

All we ever get are reports from various people here, claiming other countries, agencies or such said this that and the other. All for internal consumption. 

Quite frankly I doubt "the global community" whoever that might be, gives a monkey's chuff about Thailand, the Shins and their machinations. Just like the Junta don't give a monkey's about what goes on outside Thailand but are willing to "quote" other governments when it suits.

• Like 1

Good for them , I wish them all the best .   

Trump was keen to meet up with them for a chat but he is busy elsewhere. I believe last spotted in SIngapore.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

No it doesn't show that at all. And it certainly doesn't mean either of the Shin siblings weren't guilty.

AFAIK no county has said themselves that they have declined to process a properly constituted request for extradition, in accordance with the requirements of their extradition treaty with Thailand.

All we ever get are reports from various people here, claiming other countries, agencies or such said this that and the other. All for internal consumption. 

Quite frankly I doubt "the global community" whoever that might be, gives a monkey's chuff about Thailand, the Shins and their machinations. Just like the Junta don't give a monkey's about what goes on outside Thailand but are willing to "quote" other governments when it suits.

Not true. The junta has formally requested extradition (red notice) but Interpol had not issued any arrest warrant due to insufficient evidence; subtle rejection of her guilt. This from a police statement. 

In your previous post about Thaksin monopoly after getting a telecommunication license also wrong. Thailand has Telecommunication Business Act that ensure free and fair competition. DTAC and TOT were competing with AIS. Free and fair and no monopoly.  

Global community knew Thailand has a coup and country run by a junta with enormous power and a corrupt NACC. That’s why they reject any extradition requests.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

The same reason all Shin apologists have to accuse any who dare point out the Shin's criminal reality of being Junta huggers.

They can't argue with factual information so try and dismiss it by constantly accusing anyone who raises it of being something they despise to discredit it. A trait often associated with denial.

Here you go again, constantly defending the Shins in one post and then claiming you don't care about them when challenged. And then trying to label me a Junta supporter when I've criticized them on posts where relevant.

You have no idea, clearly, what I think, but it's easier to make up something that suits your agenda and in doing so presumably you hope deflects from the reality you keep denying.

Name one single instance when I have ever defended the Shins. One.

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Not true. The junta has formally requested extradition (red notice) but Interpol had not issued any arrest warrant due to insufficient evidence; subtle rejection of her guilt. This from a police statement. 

In your previous post about Thaksin monopoly after getting a telecommunication license also wrong. Thailand has Telecommunication Business Act that ensure free and fair competition. DTAC and TOT were competing with AIS. Free and fair and no monopoly.  

Global community knew Thailand has a coup and country run by a junta with enormous power and a corrupt NACC. That’s why they reject any extradition requests.

"Advance  Info Service was given a monopoly contract by his contacts in the military in 1986 and operates under GSM 900 frequency. AIS grew rapidly and became the largest mobile phone operator in Thailand." Source Wiki.

Whoops, looks like you're wrong about that one Eric. Or perhaps you wish to correct Wikipedia? Ironic though that the military gave him a monopoly which launched his success, don't you think?

"This from a police statement." And which police force would that be Eric? Subtle rejection - hey, make it up as you go along Eric.

Yes, the world knows Thailand had a coup and has a Junta government. And as we've seen, the initial "outrage" shown by some Western politicians quickly disappeared as governments got back to business as usual. I doubt they are the slightest interested in the NACC.

1 minute ago, stephen tracy said:

Name one single instance when I have ever defended the Shins. One.

How about on this thread when you asked if Yingluck was fleeing from justice? 

Had you qualified it to say the justice system is very selective and than many others do things that are simply ignored then fair enough. 

But she was fleeing from a verdict and sentence before she heard it; although to be fair, she never actually defended the charge.

But your inference was that she was innocent.

1 minute ago, AGareth2 said:

yes Thailand is a sane country

shame about the rest of the world

Sadly many of the ROW nations are going the same way. Look at the EU 2017 law making it harder to investigate corrupt politicians.

All this information making it harder for the boys and girls to thieve.

Just now, Baerboxer said:

How about on this thread when you asked if Yingluck was fleeing from justice? 

Had you qualified it to say the justice system is very selective and than many others do things that are simply ignored then fair enough. 

But she was fleeing from a verdict and sentence before she heard it; although to be fair, she never actually defended the charge.

But your inference was that she was innocent.

How is that a defense? It doesn't matter who it is who fled. Being prosecuted by an "usually wealthy" little coterie of installed "generals" for corruption or malfeasance, and who lock people up for speech crime and "invite" people for "attitude adjustment", does not amount to justice. Perhaps you need to consult the font of all knowledge again, Wikipedia! Once again, and it really is tiresome, I do not support the Shin family dynasty in any way, shape or form, but given the choice of two evils, I would swap them over the junta for the simple reason that he former can be voted out, the latter cannot. 

5 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Sadly many of the ROW nations are going the same way. Look at the EU 2017 law making it harder to investigate corrupt politicians.

All this information making it harder for the boys and girls to thieve.

But making it easier for the Amart and their junta attack dogs to continue thieving, and keeping all other thieves away from the trough. 

12 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

And what truly excellent trolling it is!

I wonder how many times a day that Prayut and his cohorts think about the Shinawatras? I wonder if they think of them before they go to sleep? I wonder if they dream of them? Or, perhaps better to say 'have nightmares' about them?

Can you imagine; after 'serving' as Prime Minister for four years, working long hours, the travel, etc, the simple fact is that you get wiped off the front pages by people you consider fugitives? And if there were any fairness in electoral politics, either one would cream you in an election?

I wonder how many ulcers Prayut and his cadre have because of these two?

It kills me just think about it... 

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Between the Shins and the students they'd hardly get any sleep.?

28 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

"Advance  Info Service was given a monopoly contract by his contacts in the military in 1986 and operates under GSM 900 frequency. AIS grew rapidly and became the largest mobile phone operator in Thailand." Source Wiki.

Whoops, looks like you're wrong about that one Eric. Or perhaps you wish to correct Wikipedia? Ironic though that the military gave him a monopoly which launched his success, don't you think?

"This from a police statement." And which police force would that be Eric? Subtle rejection - hey, make it up as you go along Eric.

Yes, the world knows Thailand had a coup and has a Junta government. And as we've seen, the initial "outrage" shown by some Western politicians quickly disappeared as governments got back to business as usual. I doubt they are the slightest interested in the NACC.

Whoops you forgotten about DTAC who also

operate wireless. TOT too but at that time on  fixed land. That’s fair and free competition under the Business Act. No monopoly per se.

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Whoops you forgotten about DTAC who also

operate wireless. TOT too but at that time on  fixed land. That’s fair and free competition under the Business Act. No monopoly per se.

Eric, no offence.. but it states given a monopoly contract and you  deny it.  So they were given a monopoly contract and they grew out to be the biggest company and you deny any link. Sorry but that is a bit bias. 

Despite your sarcasm, which is as you demonstrate is the lowest form of wit, and your attempts to use that sarcasm to deflect the reality I will out of charity indulge you. Anyone from Derby deserves charity.

They are very rich, billionaires, who have their own plane, armies of flunkies and lawyers to make sure they have more than one citizenship, more than one passport and can travel as VIP's where ever they fancy. The connections built up over the years with politicians, business people over many years, where nice favors are swapped, might also be helpful.

Do you really think anyone in Thailand as been seriously trying to get them back? Really? 

Politically motivated - selectivity in whose cases get progressed and whose get shoved under the carpet for sure. But that pervaded the whole justice system. Doesn't mean you darlings are as innocent as they claim. And proven liars often claim to tell only the truth. Now if they said they were lying, that would be hard!

I'm sure you'll always pop up to staunchly defend those you seem to see as selfless, honest, moral incorruptible champions of the truth and democracy. 

What does it all matter ? They do not need defending, anyone claiming Yingluck received a fair trial is lying. The facts are that she did not receive a fair trial, and that the evidence presented at the trial was anything but convincing. There is a reason people claim that case was politically motived, as there is ample evidence to suggest it was. Courtesy of Prayuth, directly meddling into the case with usage of article 44 on two occasions. 

I have to hand it to him, he is the reason why Yingluck can freely travel the world over, and supposedly the same person who allowed her to leave in the first place. Or do you honestly believe they did not monitor her 24/7 due to respecting her privacy as Prayuth claimed, yeah right pigs fly. 

Does this mean I think Yingluck is innocent, no, but I do believe such can only be ascertained in a fair trial, and she did not receive one and that is really all that matters. 

Edited by sjaak327

I think in this case, actions speak louder than words.

17 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

What does it all matter ? They do not need defending, anyone claiming Yingluck received a fair trial is lying. The facts are that she did not receive a fair trial, and that the evidence presented at the trial was anything but convincing. There is a reason people claim that case was politically motived, as there is ample evidence to suggest it was. Courtesy of Prayuth, directly meddling into the case with usage of article 44 on two occasions. 

I have to hand it to him, he is the reason why Yingluck can freely travel the world over, and supposedly the same person who allowed her to leave in the first place. Or do you honestly believe they did not monitor her 24/7 due to respecting her privacy as Prayuth claimed, yeah right pigs fly. 

Does this mean I think Yingluck is innocent, no, but I do believe such can only be ascertained in a fair trial, and she did not receive one and that is really all that matters. 

I don't think there's any real argument to support her doing a runner without the collusion of Man-Child and Co. It's hard to believe that the most high-profile person in the country awaiting a guilt verdict, and one of the most recognizable faces in SE Asia could simply just leave without a little assistance, and perhaps even on direct orders Man-Child after consulting his fortune-teller and getting the nod from those that installed him in the first place. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, robblok said:

Eric, no offence.. but it states given a monopoly contract and you  deny it.  So they were given a monopoly contract and they grew out to be the biggest company and you deny any link. Sorry but that is a bit bias. 

I understand where you coming from. My reasoning is that there was no monopoly when you have others competing in the same industry i.e. telecommunication. Bear in mind that we talking about the 80s where mobile was still a novelty and fixed line dominate. 

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

I understand where you coming from. My reasoning is that there was no monopoly when you have others competing in the same industry i.e. telecommunication. Bear in mind that we talking about the 80s where mobile was still a novelty and fixed line dominate. 

He got an monopoly on a certain frequency no one else was allowed to use that frequency. That is what helped him and its a monopoly because the other companies were not allowed to use that frequency. That is the whole definition of a monopoly, you are trying to say because there were other companies it was not a monopoly, you would have been right if they had rights to that frequency too.  It was obviously a master stroke that frequency because the company grew fast after having it. 

Just look up why the 900 MHZ frequency was so important (technically)  as it was better as the others at the time.. it gave him an unfair business advantage. So by having a monopoly on that frequency he had an unfair business advantage. 

17 minutes ago, robblok said:

He got an monopoly on a certain frequency no one else was allowed to use that frequency. That is what helped him and its a monopoly because the other companies were not allowed to use that frequency. That is the whole definition of a monopoly, you are trying to say because there were other companies it was not a monopoly, you would have been right if they had rights to that frequency too.  It was obviously a master stroke that frequency because the company grew fast after having it. 

Just look up why the 900 MHZ frequency was so important (technically)  as it was better as the others at the time.. it gave him an unfair business advantage. So by having a monopoly on that frequency he had an unfair business advantage. 

IMO, NBTC auditioned and managed the bidding of frequency. He may have won the bid; not given as alleged. I stand corrected. Also DTAC also has 900 GSM frequency, 

i also wonder what passport they travel on and they continue to stick fingers up at thailand.no matter what anyone says they wanted in thailand.a few years  ago when in pattaya i met a woman she hated both of them for what they have done

Off topic posts and the replies have been removed.

Inflammatory, insulting posts and the replies have been removed. 

Posts containing miss spelling of people's names have been removed.  If you do not want your post to be removed, please spell people's names correctly. 

A troll post commenting on moderation has now been removed. 

Edited by metisdead

takism if he did his time in prison which would have being soft and he would not have had a hard time.he would be out and free and be living in thailand spending his tea money he got from many.but he did a runner and i think he would love to return.but we all know he can not

4 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

i also wonder what passport they travel on and they continue to stick fingers up at thailand.no matter what anyone says they wanted in thailand.a few years  ago when in pattaya i met a woman she hated both of them for what they have done

So far as I know they travel on a passport of the Republic of Montenegro.

17 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

... Or don't you think they are crooks? ...

I looked up  synonyms for "crook" at thesaurus.com.  There's a huge list of what appear to be names in Thai script.   Also a link to "Thai multi-millionaires".

6 hours ago, outsider said:

Looks like YL lost a bit of weight. Anyway, while the bozos here are madly yelping about getting Interpol (and other international organisations - without success, may I add) to send the two back to Thailand, the timing of Thaksin's post is like a huge finger to the esteemed leader and his gang.

In that picture outside the KFC - was he licking his middle finger?