Visa run to Kanchanaburi

Hello,

I will be going to Kanchanaburi tomorrow to do a visa run, my first one. I have a Non-Imm ED visa which expires on 15th June. Someone on here was very knowledgable when I posted about this last month (I can't remember his username)!! 

Anyway, can I confirm if I need anything else besides my passport and fee? Passport photos? Copy of passport? Letter of cancellation from the school?

Many Thanks

Kirsty 

What do you plan on doing at the Ban Phu Nam Ron border crossing in Kanchanaburi?

There is no embassy or consulate there to apply for a visa.

If you are only wanting to get a new entry all you need is your passport and 960 baht for transport across no mans land to Myanmar and back again. The 960 baht includes the 500 baht fee for a Myanmar border pass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What do you plan on doing at the Ban Phu Nam Ron border crossing in Kanchanaburi?

If you are only wanting to get a new entry all you need is your passport and 960 baht for transport across no mans land to Myanmar and back again. The 960 baht includes the 500 baht fee for a Myanmar border pass.

Only wanting to get a new entry. I remember you told me about it last time I posted. But I just wanted to clarify. 

15 minutes ago, Kirsty83 said:

Only wanting to get a new entry. I remember you told me about it last time I posted. But I just wanted to clarify. 

You can get a 30 day visa exempt entry there without a problem.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get a 30 day visa exempt entry there without a problem.

Thank you. I just need it to tie me over for the next month. If need be, can I extend the visa exempt for another 30 days at immigration? 

Sorry for hijack the thread, but I'm planing to do a border run to get another entry (I have a Thai VISA) and I have never been in Ban Phu Nam Ron before. I am willing to drive myself to get there, is that possible to go the border and just leave the vehicle somewhere, then cross into Myanmar do the stamps and get back or would be wise to use the locals?

Thanks!

Edited by b4n9
misspelling
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, b4n9 said:

Sorry for hijack the thread, but I'm planing to do a border run to get another entry (I have a Thai VISA) and I have never been in Ban Phu Nam Ron before. I am willing to drive myself to get there, is that possible to go the border and just live the vehicle somewhere, then cross into Myanmar do the stamps and get back or would be wise to use the locals?

Thanks!

Yes you can do that and park right outside Immigration on the Thai side

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, b4n9 said:

I am willing to drive myself to get there, is that possible to go the border and just live the vehicle somewhere, then cross into Myanmar do the stamps and get back or would be wise to use the locals?

You could drive to the crossing and leave your vehicle.

You will need to use the transport across no mans land. You cannot make the long walk to the Myanmar side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could drive to the crossing and leave your vehicle.

You will need to use the transport across no mans land. You cannot make the long walk to the Myanmar side.

Thanks. But how far is it until Myanmar immigration office? Google Map seems out of date for this area and I have no idea where there Offices are located.

Because if I still have to take another transport to across "no mans land", I do not see the point to drive until there. Better use the local and pay 960 THB for the service, just trying to figure out which are the better way to get there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, b4n9 said:

Thanks. But how far is it until Myanmar immigration office? Google Map seems out of date for this area and I have no idea where there Offices are located.

Because if I still have to take another transport to across "no mans land", I do not see the point to drive until there. Better use the local and pay 960 THB for the service, just trying to figure out which are the better way to get there.

You said you were planning to drive to the border? So drive there, leave the car (you can't drive across) and use the transport provided across the border and back

It;s about a 8 minute drive across the border but again you can't do it yourself

You can walk it but you will still probably be charged

Edited by darrendsd
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

You said you were planning to drive to the border? So drive there, leave the car (you can't drive across) and use the transport provided across the border and back

I got it, thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Hello all,

There's lots of threads here on "Visa runs to Kanchanaburi / Burma" ...I'm posting here as its the most recent date...

First thing i notice reading these threads, is the the Burma side at Ban Phu Nam Ron border - officials can change their mind and STOP these runs on any day?!

Anyway my info & questions:

I have a new UK passport with: Thai visa:  Non-Imm " O " I got the Multi Entry 12 month from London UK. NO STAMPS OTHER THAN ENTRY & 60 DAY EXTENSION.

I arrived NOV 10 - 2018 ...as i was ill i could NOT do a visa run when the my 1st... 3 months were up, so i got a 60 day extension.

Because i was ill i thought i leave Thailand around when the 60 days extension was up, however my health has improved so i want to do a visa run.

my 60 day extension ends 7 April 2019. now i only need extension up-to 10 MAY 2019 as on this day i have a confirmed AIR ticket back to UK.

I could do this 'Ban Phu Nam Ron' border run any day now? so my question is:

1) is the Thai IO going to question/suspect somethings going on because i don't need to leave until 7 April ?

2) will the Thai IO give me 90 days or whatever i need (i can show them my paper e-ticket)

3) is this 'Ban Phu Nam Ron border run' easy to do - has anyone here done it recently ?

THANKS for any help!

BTW...hopefully  "ubonjoe" will be along shortly...????

9 minutes ago, CaptainPeacock said:
I could do this 'Ban Phu Nam Ron' border run any day now? so my question is:

1) is the Thai IO going to question/suspect somethings going on because i don't need to leave until 7 April ?

2) will the Thai IO give me 90 days or whatever i need (i can show them my paper e-ticket)

3) is this 'Ban Phu Nam Ron border run' easy to do - has anyone here done it recently ?

1. No  You can leave and re-enter at any time to get a new 90 day entry from your visa.

2. You will get a new 90 day entry without any questions be asked.3

3. It easy to do. It costs 960 baht for the crossing that includes transport across no mans and and back again and the 500 baht fee for the Myanmar border pass.

The crossing is so reliable now that there is a company doing dailey runs from Bangkok to there now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Joe ...i didn't i know ya be along that QUICK!????

Anyway thanks for the info...

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The crossing is so reliable now that there is a company doing dailey runs from Bangkok to there now.

Can you mention the above BKK company either here or via PM ...CHEERS!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/12/2018 at 9:47 AM, ubonjoe said:

Hi

would you have a number of a service that does the transport? Or advise where to go to catch the mini van?