Experience with Starmark kitchen drawer glides?

giddyup

I have a Starmark brand kitchen installed which includes soft close drawer glides. One of the drawers no longer closes but I can't work out why. When you close the glide it's supposed to grab the drawer just a few inches before being fully closed and pull it closed automatically, however that no longer happens which means the drawer is left sticking out a few inches. There is a small piston which I believe only acts as a cushion when closing. Any suggestions?

P1050584.JPG

P1050585.JPG

4 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

WD40 ,first clean the crud out of the slider

regards Worgeordie

The photo makes it look worse than it is. Those few crumbs wouldn't affect the closing.

Just now, giddyup said:

The photo makes it look worse than it is. Those few crumbs wouldn't affect the closing.

OK leave the crumbs in, but try some WD40 it might work.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Take out a draw that does work, the differences will be the problem.

if the glide is broken then see if you can find out the maker and get a new one. If it's a generic one Häfele is likely to have a matching one.

Quite honestly I couldn't spot the difference, some of the mechanism is hidden inside the runner. What I did in the end is remove the little piston that facilitates the "soft close", the drawer is now able to fully close.

Moderator: <removed> The post can also be closed as the problem is now resolved.

Edited by ubonjoe
removed quote of a removed post and removed a unneeded comment.