AIS 1 yr data subscripotion only 1200 baht

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I think all three major providers offer these special promotional 1 year (and some a separate 6 month) packages, at least they have done for this year. Various packages for six months and twelve months, an at data rates of 1, 4 & 6 Mbps. These usually get announced at the end of the year, i.e. December.

There've been quite a few threads on these here. Most seem happy prepaying for a discount, while a few have encountered subsequent service issues which makes it harder to walk away when you've sunk money and have little leverage.

You can find the TrueMove packages discounted from 2,500 to ~ 1,500 (1 year/4 Mbps) on Lazada.  https://www.lazada.co.th/products/true-sim-net-true-4g-unlimit-4-mbps-unlimit-i106935595-s108013299.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.7.172a42d1WvBtlP&search=1

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/simcard/en/marathon.html

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/golden-dog-sim.html

http://truemoveh-internet.com/แพ็กเกจทรูขั้นเทพมาราธอน/

Didnt realise they all did them, only problem with True on lazada is they look like they all run out 31st Dec so only 6 months.

50 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

only problem with True on lazada is they look like they all run out 31st Dec so only 6 months.

I am under the impression that, were you to purchase a 1-year voucher, it would run for 12 months from the time you actually exchange the voucher at TrueMoveH, and enable the service. That is to say, it won't run out on 12/31/2561, that's just the last day/date one could redeem the voucher. All that said, always be sure to read/acknowledge the T's & C's of any promotion. For example, there are some indications that the TrueMoveH Marathon SIM promotions run until May 31, 2561, which some infer to be the last day/date one could enable this 6 or 12-month service.

I think AIS and TrueMove H promotional SIMs in this category include some sort of free on-net calling?

• Like 1

It's not uncommon to incentivize new customers, so promotions for new customers are often packaged/priced below more traditional packages. Quarterly net-adds are an important metric.

Even existing customers are incentivized to switch from pre-paid to post-paid, and new phones are discounted when one commits to a 1-year post-paid plan.

Curious?... If you were to buy a one year sim card from Lazada (Say the True one listed above) - Once received how do you activate it?... Do you need go to True Office and have them activate or can the whole activation process be done by yourself?

Am I the only one who bothered to read the AIS ad on their web page?

This is a promotion for "New SIM Activation".

If you are already a customer you are left out.
No, I did aswell. I was also sad enough to ring them up and ask about that very question.

Your right that link is for new SIM cards but they also have a similar promotion for current customers called maw maw (or similar) only difference I can see is that new sim get the free 24hr calls to AIS customers on the 1mb unlimited.

I also got a friend to test to see how youtube would run on 1mb and it runs fine no buffer on 480 and 720 didn't test 1080.

30 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

No, I did aswell. I was also sad enough to ring them up and ask about that very question.

Your right that link is for new SIM cards but they also have a similar promotion for current customers called maw maw (or similar) only difference I can see is that new sim get the free 24hr calls to AIS customers on the 1mb unlimited.

I also got a friend to test to see how youtube would run on 1mb and it runs fine no buffer on 480 and 720 didn't test 1080.

I have both the ais and true 4mb 

They both lag after a certain amount of GB each month and become too slow to be useful

1 hour ago, sfokevin said:

Do you need go to True Office and have them activate or can the whole activation process be done by yourself?

Yes, I believe, that for those Lazada TrueMove H vouchers, you have to go to a TrueMoveH office to get a SIM, register it and turn on the service.

11 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I love the way in Thailand they market 'uinlimited' with a set limit before you revert to snail speed. They really need to consult a dictionary to read what unlimited means.

AFAIK, and IME with all three, these 1/4/6 Mbps are all unlimited volume, but with the stated cap speed. I've used these plans for 1 day, 1 week and 1 month. Have never experienced any decrease in rate.

This is different from fixed volume plans, which might run at 100 Mbps until you hit your cap, and then the speed drops to 384/256/128 Kbps.

Yes, all three providers offer other 1 day, 1 week and 1-month plans at 1/4/6 Mbps. There are dozens of promotions at any given time. But you pay more with smaller increments, so these special 1-year plans offer the lowest price.

This site usually has all the current promotions and is updated daily. http://www.prosermthaisim.com/index.php

Just click on one of the three providers to blow out the promos, use Google Translate.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

I have both the ais and true 4mb 

They both lag after a certain amount of GB each month and become too slow to be useful

When you say a certain amount... What do you think that amount is?... 1... 5... 10... 20.. 100gb?

Edited by sfokevin

i really dont understand.

It says unlimited and then it says 1Mb.

im not that technical so can someone explain these deals in lay terms please?

Is it possible to stream tv using these products?

thanks

1Mb per second is the speed of the internet - You get an unlimited supply at that speed...

1mb/second is not really useful if you want to watch videos... The 4mb/second package is doable for video but on the slow side..

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, nickmondo said:

thanks

Yes very little information but I'd think they are relating to speed, bandwidth download 1mb or 4mb 

15 hours ago, nickmondo said:

thanks

These plans provide unlimited volume (measured in BYTES, so MB or GB), with a fixed download and upload rate (measured in bits per second, or Mega-bits per second, Mbps).

1 Mbps is probably not useful for streaming video, unless you want a very, very, very low frame rate or resolution.

4 Mbps might be OK for 480/24 fps.

You can test performance for as little as 49 baht/day, maybe another 49 baht for a SIM, just to see if the performance meets your application requirements.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, HarrySeaman said:

Am I the only one who bothered to read the AIS ad on their web page?

This is a promotion for "New SIM Activation".

If you are already a customer you are left out.

What about Dtac ?

thanks for the heads-up. 

just gone into AIS buriram to get the 4mbps 1 year. 

No hassle, they know what you want once you show them the marathon advert. 

And to entice you to use the service for more than net,  it's those premium number thingee.. 

Number chosen was 09832333*3

Let's see how it goes 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Can these sims be put into a hotspot?... or only usable in a phone or tablet?

What do you mean by "Put into a hotspot" like a dongle? Dont see why not. 

They also do a 6 month version as well for an incredible 600 baht or 1200 baht for  or 1 or 4 so maybe check that first,

On 6/13/2018 at 5:57 PM, mtls2005 said:

This site usually has all the current promotions and is updated daily. http://www.prosermthaisim.com/index.php

I took a look at that site, and apart from the fact that Google Translate doesn't do a very clear job of translating the Thai content there, I couldn't find any mention of 1 year SIM service plans on that site for any of the three main providers.

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I couldn't find any mention of 1 year SIM service plans on that site for any of the three main providers.

Correct,  that site just shows the current pre-paid plans available today.

These 12 month and 6 month SIMs are a bit more specialized.

I provided links to these special 1 year SIMs previously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

I think that the 1mb/4mb/6mb unlimited will not slow down. No mention in the T&C's

It aint gonna compete with adsl or fibre and they will throttle it at their will

Most large downloads seem to fail partway but for non power users it's fine 

17 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

but for non power users it's fine 

My sense is that these packages are:

meant for average users: light browsing, social media - not sure if gaming, which is probably the no. 1 or 2 app here works with these DL rates?

users who are (potentially) cost-conscious, but the initial upfront outlay probably eliminates most in this category

users who have 2nd and 3rd devices who don't want to be bothered with managing an account month-by-month

channel partners - phone wholesalers/retailers - as an incentive/SPIFF, who then resell and package with phones. I think this is where a lot of the TrueMove H packages have come from, and have then leaked on to the secondary market

Some seem to get by with the 4 and 6 (where available) Mbps services? Any bundled on-net free calling is sort of icing on the cake.

It almost acts like an MVNO channel, of which there are nearly none here now, by addressing a very specific market segment?

All three providers tend to emulate each other, in nearly all marketing/promotional/packaging/pricing activities, so if one provider has a 1-year plan, then the other two will likely match it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

My sense is that these packages are:

meant for average users: light browsing, social media - not sure if gaming, which is probably the no. 1 or 2 app here works with these DL rates?

users who are (potentially) cost-conscious, but the initial upfront outlay probably eliminates most in this category

users who have 2nd and 3rd devices who don't want to be bothered with managing an account month-by-month

channel partners - phone wholesalers/retailers - as an incentive/SPIFF, who then resell and package with phones. I think this is where a lot of the TrueMove H packages have come from, and have then leaked on to the secondary market

Some seem to get by with the 4 and 6 (where available) Mbps services? Any bundled on-net free calling is sort of icing on the cake.

It almost acts like an MVNO channel, of which there are nearly none here now, by addressing a very specific market segment?

All three providers tend to emulate each other, in nearly all marketing/promotional/packaging/pricing activities, so if one provider has a 1-year plan, then the other two will likely match it.

Agreed, this promotion is not for everyone, for me its perfect, im connected to wifi either at work or at home 80% of the time the other 20% im out and about so just need a small speed for browsing and apps, occasional youtube if Im taking the kids to bouncy castle. so even 1 mb is ok.

i currently paying 900 a month Dtac 20gb +300 texts + 2 multi sim.

Edited by 2008bangkok

On 6/13/2018 at 11:39 AM, 2008bangkok said:

Didnt realise they all did them, only problem with True on lazada is they look like they all run out 31st Dec so only 6 months.

You have to activate the Sim card until 31st Dec this year, the package then runs for 1 year from the activation date

Here is an extra thread about these Sim cards:

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1