Picking Ones Nose

Simbo

sitting in a bar tonight, I observed a girl picking her nose furiously. In fact, her finger was nearly up to the knuckle ! She had no cares about who was looking. Up to her. But then I started thinking about the way these girls use toothpicks after eating. They always cover their mouths with the palm of there hand while doing it.

Is there something about the mouth which is more personal than the nose ??

Just a thought.

I think it's in line with an Asian's willingness to spit in public and would guess the rule goes something like, any foreign or waste matter in the body must be expelled asap and it doesn't matter where you do it since this is a hygiene issue and everyone will understand that.

I think it's in line with an Asian's willingness to spit in public and would guess the rule goes something like, any foreign or waste matter in the body must be expelled asap and it doesn't matter where you do it since this is a hygiene issue and everyone will understand that.

A Thai girl noitced that I had bought a product called #7. This is a facila moisturizer. This product is a green colored gel. I use it on my face. She noticed that the color of this product is green. She told me it looked like mucus. I said that now I know why Thais are always picking their noses.

well that doesnt fit in with what a group of senior Thai executives told me about

" the nose " - they said Thai's avoid blowing their nose in public at all costs

because it's frowned upon - then as disgusting as it sounds said anything

is considered better than blowing the nose and Thai's will even suck the contents

in to avoid this :D Yes folks they do have some strange customs :o

You know the old song we used to sing as kids. "Everybody's doing it, picking their nose and chewing it".

Not only Thais do it. Scots do it too. I was fascinated once in Aberdeen when I was hiring a campervan. The young man arranging it, picked his nose the whole time and then put it in his mouth and swallowed! Yuck.

But, maybe something is missing from the diet of people who eat snot? We should ask Dr Corness to write an article in the Pattaya Mail on why some people eat and drink waste from their bodies.

The ECO lobby have been encouraging people to go " green" for years.

In cantonese, the term " hoi kong " is used, which roughly equates to digging for coal. This would suggest a well laid out pile, sun dried, would have uses in home heating. The benefits seem endless !!!!

well that doesnt fit in with what a group of senior Thai executives told me about

" the nose " - they said Thai's avoid blowing their nose in public at all costs

because it's frowned upon - then as disgusting as it sounds said anything

is considered better than blowing the nose and Thai's will even suck the contents

in to avoid this Yes folks they do have some strange customs

I was disgusted when I went to Edinburgh one winter and locals were blowing their noses in a handkerchief then folding it up and putting it in their pockets. How disgusting and dirty and unhygenic.

George Carlin said somethimg like this;

If you are walking down a hallway picking your nose and someone comes along and want to shake your hand, what do you do with the bugger? You can always put it back and go get it later. :o

Please remember:-

You can pick your friends

You can pick your nose

BUT

Never pick your friend's nose!

My wife does. She is always looking for grotty little crannies on my person, even spots get a good sqeeze, along with my wallet :o

Please remember:-

You can pick your friends

You can pick your nose

BUT

Never pick your friend's nose!

My wife does. She is always looking for grotty little crannies on my person, even spots get a good sqeeze, along with my wallet :o

(What happened to the highlight button??????????)

Your wife pick's YOUR nose. You must be joking!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully she puts it in a tissue and washes her hands.

I assume your wife is Thai. My Thai partner enjoys squeezing wax out of my facial pores, pulling out ear and nose hairs (one of the first Thai words I learned was "keem = tweezers" but hasn't attacked the inside of the nose yet. The rest I find relaxing and my complexion really looks good as a result. In addition this Thai cosmetology often leads to something even more pleasant .............

(edited for spelling)

Edited by popshirt

Thais are amateur nose pickers when compared to the Saudis. My best experience was on an internal flight from Abha to Riyadh. I was sitting next to a wizened Bedouin. First out came the pen- that he duly uses to empty both nostrils, the output was suitably eaten. Then he started on his ears.

That's sickening! Did he eat the ear stuff too? I was on a plane once sitting between my partner and the President of The Company who had a long green one hanging out of one nostril! I didn't know what to do so didn't do anything, just averted my eyes and didn't eat.

Thais are amateur nose pickers when compared to the Saudis. My best experience was on an internal flight from Abha to Riyadh. I was sitting next to a wizened Bedouin. First out came the pen- that he duly uses to empty both nostrils, the output was suitably eaten. Then he started on his ears.

Acknowledgements to the Lockheed / Raytheon personnelof the 1970's in Saudi

(sung to the tune Ooblah-de Ooblah-da)

Abdullah had a pickup in the market place

Mohammed had a dump truck full of sand

Abdullah says "Mohammed, I like your face"

Then picks his nose and takes him by the hand

Ooblah-de, ooblah-da, love goes on

oh how those ragheads go on.

Yeah do agree gf loves to squeeze any spots she sees on me - I think its rather disgusting. :o

Be careful. Squeezing can sometimes cause little cysts that you might have to have surgically removed. I got one on my nose but thank goodness it disappeared shortly before I was to have it cut out!