Street fighting !!!

cornishcarlos

In 13 years only had to do one gentle removal a drunk in our village making problem with Mama next door, none of my wife's brothers or male cousins were in at the time.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

Been living in Pattaya for over a decade and have never been involved in a fight or an altercation of any kind. The few fights I have seen (involving foreigners) were always started by aggressive drunk and out of order tourists or expats.

• Like 1

I got into it with a Thai guy in the gym who hates the way farangs put weights down but doesn't give a crap about how Thais never put the weights away. He came charging up like a rhino and I just ignored him but when he picked up a ten pound plate and tossed it and it bounced and landed on my foot I let him know that was the line not to be crossed. He backed down quick and then started apologizing. Just a racist puzzy flexing. 

• Like 2

No, but I did punch a motorbike rider for not stopping on a red light, he attempted to ride on through everyone who was crossing the road including myself and I was the nearest to him.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

No, but I did punch a motorbike rider for not stopping on a red light, he attempted to ride on through everyone who was crossing the road including myself and I was the nearest to him.

Fair enough.

• Like 1

I wonder what they mean by street fighting. Fighting in the street? Really? Who would do that?  You'd get run over by a car before you got into much fighting in the street.

If there were sidewalks in most places then ok, sidewalk fighting, but is that relevant, theres no scope for that kind of thing usually.

Or how about a fight in a parking lot, is that a street fight? Or out of sight in a parking garage? 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, geronimo said:

The only foreigners that end up having altercations with locals are either drunks or idiots. Been here 35 years and have never even come close to a physical issue. Of course, you could simply be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Of course, you could simply be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

That was before I settled in Thailand, during a visit to BKK when I inadvertently stepped over a collection of small Buddha images, that were displayed on a rag on a sidewalk. Suddenly I've been pulled back hard by my shoulder, a guy already about to hit me, was stopped by my female friend. She waied to him a 100 times, while I didn't even know what the fagg is going on. Had the guy hit me, I certainly had hit him back by reflex.  Today I know, that lady probably saved me from something very bad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, csabo said:

I got into it with a Thai guy in the gym who hates the way farangs put weights down but doesn't give a crap about how Thais never put the weights away. He came charging up like a rhino and I just ignored him but when he picked up a ten pound plate and tossed it and it bounced and landed on my foot I let him know that was the line not to be crossed. He backed down quick and then started apologizing. Just a racist puzzy flexing. 

So your one of those guys who does not put his weights back. There is a special place in hell for people like you ?

• Haha 1

I had a close call in a shop in MBK which scammed me over a SIM card on a holiday visit about 15 years ago, when I went back to complain the manageress / owner suddenly lost her capacity to speak fluent English. Thereafter an assistant, who miss heard the conversation and perceived an insult, decided he would attack me, I offered him first strike but warned him that would be his last, he backed off when I stepped forward to meet him. Then another assistant decided he'd have a go wielding a heavy plywood sign board, at this point the manageress miraculously recovered her language capacity and refunded my money. 

So much for Thais not being confrontational.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been here for around 25 years and have been in one fight with Thais a long time ago. It started out one on one but quickly evolved into multiple Thais against me. One Thai guy started it and I was trying to be reasonable but that went by the wayside when one of his friends hit me from behind and the rest of the pack joined in. I learned my lesson from that incident and haven't had an issue since. I avoid drunk Thai men whenever I can, it will just end up in some kind of competition, fight or both eventually.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, robblok said:

10 years here I avoid violence like the plague. I have no ego when it comes to fighting.

IMHO  there are 2 outcomes of a fight and both are bad... 1 you lose and get beat up, 2 you win beat the other guy up and face the police and damages even worse if you accidentally damage someone too badly (someone falls hits his head and ends up in a coma or just hospital)

That's where skills come in. ?post-87530-0-08246500-1462682178.jpg.d1920fc4ef626fcf40fcd6333417a07e.jpg

My bodyguard. ?

• Like 2