Clear a long overstay!?

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A off topic inflammatory post and a reply to it have been removed.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

And again.

And now some more. No notice when posts are removed will be done from now on.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I would guess he had a new blank passport with no stamps in it. Then that new passport left the country without being stamped, then it entered another country and returned to Thailand with a new entry stamp being done.

That's also what i would expect

Including deleting the record from 12 years ago when he entered the last time. So officially he was't in Thailand the last 12 years and just arrived.

If this is all true (the agent could just have given him fake stamps) will be revealed when OP leaves the country the next time.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Including deleting the record from 12 years ago when he entered the last time. So officially he was't in Thailand the last 12 years and just arrived.

If this is all true (the agent could just have given him fake stamps) will be revealed when OP leaves the country the next time.

the 20,000 baht overstay is paid on exit

no ban is issued

7 minutes ago, notamember said:

no ban is issued

Would theoretically be possible, but i have the impression that a ban is mandatory if it's more then 90 days, no idea if an IO can waive the ban.

5 minutes ago, notamember said:

yes i know

i meant in this instance by the OP

The OP never left the country. It was all handled by the agent. His passport has a new entry stamp in his passport.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The OP never left the country. It was all handled by the agent. His passport has a new entry stamp in passport.

His old passport left the country with his new one

20k paid on exit, no ban, case closed on computer, new passport enters on 30 days

new start

its not rocket science..

Edited by notamember

33 minutes ago, notamember said:

if its true, he is a fool for posting about it on here

He should think that he was lucky to get the right agent to do the work

Lucky not to lose the fee to an unscrupulous agent

Also he risked being informed upon ,arrested and then deported

That would increase the agents standing with immigratrion

It would also stop him wanting his money back from the agent

If senior immigration officials read his post then they may well have to clamp down on it and other more sensible and needy applicants may lose the chance to do the same thing as he did

Immigration might note how much agents are asking their clients for the service and put their prices up, 

so good job Tomatocop, you have been a great help to all

Pretty much verbatim what I was thinking. Shortsightedness will never go out of style, apparently. And, of course, everyone else suffers for it in the end.

25 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The IO’s involved don’t need to delete anything. They will stamp out the person as usual at which point the original entry is closed.

16 minutes ago, jackdd said:
25 minutes ago, notamember said:

no ban is issued

Would theoretically be possible, but i have the impression that a ban is mandatory if it's more then 90 days, no idea if an IO can waive the ban

Part of the fee paid to the agent would have gone towards paying the 20K overstay fine.

Bans are not mandatory (automatic) and can be waived.

• Like 2

If someone overstays, and they don't have enough money to live on without working, doesn't that mean that they would need to be working illegally or perhaps bankrolling a business that they get monthly benefits from?

I am just trying to make sense out of how and why a person can fly under the radar for so long.

If one had enough money to live on for so long, or enough money to bankroll a business, it seems to me that getting a proper visa would be the best thing to do, and the OP wound up paying a lot of money to get this fixed.... so the whole scenario is hard for me to imagine.

Since traffic accidents are not uncommon here, it seems that just one traffic accident with the OP driving could have led to a very bad situation.

???

• Haha 1

I just had a new passport issued last month.  This is the second one I've had.  In both cases the local immigration office took both passports and transferred all my data from when I first entered Thailand and transferred it into the new passport.  I don't see how that process could be done in the instance of the original poster.  Doesn't he have to have 90 day stamps and annual visits to immigration?

• Haha 1