Wet weather warning for Phuket

rooster59

Wet weather warning for Phuket

The Phuket News

image.jpg

The warning, issued by TMD Director-General Wanchai Sakudomchai, was first issued at 5am. Image: TMD

PHUKET: The Thai Meteorological Department (TMD) issued a warning this morning (June 16) cautioning any persons in or near the sea to beware strong wind and waves over the Andaman Sea.

The warning, issued by TMD Director-General Wanchai Sakudomchai, was first issued at 5am.

“During 16-20 June 2018, the stronger southwest monsoon prevails over Thailand, the Andaman Sea and the Gulf will intensify,” the warning read.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/wet-weather-warning-for-phuket-67524.php#1h60UCwi1dO0ZCHw.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-06-16

Thanks for the warning. Its always  not comforting to get weather warnings from the gov. Always after the fact.

Yesterday saw 50 knots in several squalls in chalong

That was with a 20 knot predicted wind report. So wonder what tuesdays 33 knots predicted report will actually blow 70 knots?

Of coarse squally weather cant be predicted but thai met really does give it a shot. Even after the fact.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, quadperfect said:

Thanks for the warning. Its always  not comforting to get weather warnings from the gov. Always after the fact.

Yesterday saw 50 knots in several squalls in chalong

That was with a 20 knot predicted wind report. So wonder what tuesdays 33 knots predicted report will actually blow 70 knots?

Of coarse squally weather cant be predicted but thai met really does give it a shot. Even after the fact.

Agreed, tmd is not very useful. For yesterday windguru was predicting more than 20 knot gusts btw, but for today they have adjusted their forecast. Too late for me, already cancelled today's trips.

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Agreed, tmd is not very useful. For yesterday windguru was predicting more than 20 knot gusts btw, but for today they have adjusted their forecast. Too late for me, already cancelled today's trips.

Very strong winds up north. Trees around my home were cut in half. 

There has not been landings to the Phuket airport for an hour. Looks like some planes are going to alternative airports, like Surat Thani.

1514087868_Screenshot2018-06-1712_33_56.png.df1ef0b311a992d52dbb0b7c7b882725.png

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Yes, just as yesterday strong gusts, so I'm glad I cancelled for today. Looks like the forecast for today from TMD was more accurate than Windguru.

Edited by stevenl