Thai police arrest foreigner who robbed home of Deputy Prime Minister Prawit

Jonathan Fairfield

Very nice little insurance payout coming Prawit ' s way I Think.  Just curious the guy always travels with a huge personal security detail and huge entourage  but very little if any guarding is home.

Edited by Thechook

18 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Very nice little insurance payout coming Prawit ' s way I Think.  Just curious the guy always travels with a huge personal security detail and huge entourage  but very little if any guarding is home.

All security might have been given the night off, but that would be too much of a coincidence wouldn't it - no security on duty and the place gets done-over? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Thank goodness! That insurance payout will help keep rice on his table for the next several years.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Are you suggesting it was a frame-up - that's outrageous! I would never expect something like that to happen.

As you can see, it maintained the edict of "no Thai would do this" 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

cash and valuables totalling more than 2 million baht were stolen.

And this on a salary of under one million a year.  How does The Watchman manage to save 5 million a year for six years AND have this amount of petty cash floating about his house?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, mikebell said:

And this on a salary of under one million a year.  How does The Watchman manage to save 5 million a year for six years AND have this amount of petty cash floating about his house?

"petty cash floating about his house?"

Good question. And of course this type of cash can not be put in a bank as that would make it open to scrutiny. Must "watch" and plan very carefully.

One thing I just don't understand, and I read about this all the time, is that when someone's arrested, be they Thai or a Farang, they seem to always confess! Why is that? Why would anyone confess to committing a crime like this? ?

4 minutes ago, billsmart said:

One thing I just don't understand, and I read about this all the time, is that when someone's arrested, be they Thai or a Farang, they seem to always confess! Why is that? Why would anyone confess to committing a crime like this? ?

Answer: 1) water boarding 2) finger nail pulling 3) meat grinder (you guess the body parts)..........

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, billsmart said:

It's the power of the BIB. That's why they have such a reputation world-wide.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, neeray said:

Answer: 1) water boarding 2) finger nail pulling 3) meat grinder (you guess the body parts)..........

15 minutes ago, alfalfa19 said:

Don't forget the fizzy coca cola up the sinuses

I'd suspect that too, but it never looks like the accused have been mistreated.

16 hours ago, InfinityandBeyond said:
16 hours ago, FarangryBirds said:

Did he steal any watches??? 

No. He just borrowed them. 

Now that is a very witty remark ! and I'm talking about Infinity's post, not the one he replied to, if anyone wonders.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billsmart said:

I'd suspect that too, but it never looks like the accused have been mistreated.

We don't know the time line of this photo. Maybe it was before they threatened to throw him under the wheels of the bus (or his gf). Example: photo first, torture/confession later.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:
16 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Who says crime pays?

Depends on the crime - some travel by private plane 555!

:biggrin:

Indeed. I've always believed that a rich person is someone who was either lucky, or born in the right place, or very clever, or very hard-working, or a bit of all this put together, whereas a VERY rich person is a thief who hasn't been caught.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Yann55 said:

:biggrin:

Indeed. I've always believed that a rich person is someone who was either lucky, or born in the right place, or very clever, or very hard-working, or a bit of all this put together, whereas a VERY rich person is a thief who hasn't been caught.

My late father was of a similar mindset to you. He always said if you owe the banks/investors a million you will be pursued ruthlessly. Owe them a few billion and you become a valued customer! Whatever the schemes.

But the new phenomenon is the political crook who leeches billions and then screams it's all "political" when caught. They are getting even richer than footballers - 555 !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1